Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
In The Depths Of The Hallows I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

In The Depths Of The Hallows

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty In The Depths Of The Hallows Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

It had been quite some time since he could stretch his bones out and become relaxed within his environment. He hadn’t had any sudden shocks to his system, or any new and life threatening ordeals occur lately so he counted himself lucky for the time being. Even with his little mishaps with the Elementalist he didn’t come out with anything more than a bit of frost damage to his hair. So here he stood, on the purging edge of Naiser Vail old and new district, the distinct bridge and small plot of landscape the two cities left untouched by their wicked and distracting ways. This small plot of island where the grass was greener than the hills of California after the heavy rain of the winter and the glorious beholding of the rolling green hills, and where the water rushing along the rocks was louder than the falls of Niagara. A single tree stood on the bank of the small islet and it craned against the sky, curving just below the moons touch.

Here, is where Mikel could be seen. He loved being above the ground, the feeling of his feet not touching the ground, not being locked down to this world. There was something mesmerizing about being further away from the ground, here Mikel professed his love to the moon and the stars, quoting all the thoughts that ran wicked through his mind to the darkened abyss of the sky. “ Art thou pale for weariness of climbing heaven and gazing on the earth, wandering companionless just like me… Among the stars that have a different birth, and ever changing like a joyless eye. That finds no object worth its time? Are you tired love? You look so pale…Within your misty veil..You scale the sky from east to west, and you take no rest…Before the coming of the night, you shine such a papery white; before the dawning of the day you fade away…. Come back to me, when you left it hit so powerfully. I fell to the ground… Your love has made me sure, I am ready to forsake this worldly-mortal life and surrender to the magnificence of your love…”

His heart weighed heavy with the love that escaped his heart, the pain that struck him like a knife and he stared up at the sky once again his arms stretched out before him and his skin shined against the light of the moon. The steel blue orbs shut closed and the fade of black with white hands and face dropped to the ground like a heavy rock. Yet as the thud rose from the ground, the creature landed on his feet. He only took a few steps towards the shoreline of the islet that faced towards the bridge, here he could see the entrance ways to the two separate sides of the town and the third way leading up to Caislin Hallows. His hands slipped into the pockets of his suit jacket and he thought of the words he spoke to the moon, and took one last look at the hanging beauty that he has chased all his life.

2In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Why did she feel so drawn to Mikel? It was as though she had imprinted on him instead of the other way around. She knew that all she had to do was speak his name and he could be with her in seconds, but she choose not to. Finding him was much more fun. Though she had to admit, he always came up with some really great hiding places.

So she wandered around, letting her feet take her where she needed to go. It was funny...as long as she didn't think about it, finding him was easy. Perhaps it was her heart that was so drawn to him...So that's what she did. And again, she found a rare moment. So often he knew she was there before she even had the chance to say anything, so when she got to catch him off guard it was a true delight.

Like a ghost, she quietly stood, almost hiding behind a tree. She was a little ways away from him. Her colorless eyes were watchful though, able to make out his finer details, despite the small amount of distance between them. She didn't know why she was intent on bothering him tonight though. Maybe because he'd been absent for some time now, and she found herself needing to solidify the fact that he was really here.

Idly she touched her imprint mark, much the way someone who wore a ring or a necklace played with it, without realizing it. She traced the mark that she'd stared at in the mirror so many times. Never had she questioned if letting him drink her blood was the right thing to do. She'd been happy to offer herself. "Always give freely, Angelica, never, ever second guess yourself. As long as your heart says it's okay, then let yourself be consumed by passion." That's what Nana had always said.

Tonight was nice. Despite the unusual and rather intense heat of the daylight hours, tonight had turned out to be rather pleasant, with a gentle breeze swaying the tree limbs above her. Her hair rustled, shifting in front of her face as the wind blew. She couldn't hear him very well, just a whisper of a word here or there, but her lips curled into a playful smile.

And he was so graceful, the way he moved. She never missed it, the way the earth around him almost bent to be sure he was unharmed. Although, she suspected that it was because of what he was. She couldn't help the small pang of jealously that resounded through her though. She was no where near that graceful.

Her crystal eyes shifted as he made contact with the ground, landing on his feet, like a cat. She dared not move though, unwilling to break the silence that suddenly stretched and filled the air. She gave herself the luxury of just watching, enjoying his company. She was sure by now that he knew she was here... after all...he was a Vampire.

3In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

Was the chill in the air that from the strength of wind blessed with the caress of the oceans kiss? Or perhaps it was something less satisfying, the depths of his mind reached into the vapors only to reach the conclusion that in this midst of heavy darkness, the soul emits a certain… Aura, shall we say, and his was ice cold. Still Mikel stared into the darkened sky above his head, silver blue slit closed tightly as the breeze fell into his face and made his head turn into the wind, breathing in the scent of flowers and warmth, further away there was warmth there that was slipping through the winds. Something that pressed a heat to his mind enough that it him slouch his shoulders just enough to allow the sport coat to slip from his shoulders and to his wrists. Taking in a deep breath he folded the jacket over and then placed it over his forearm, carefully he took a few steps forwards towards the edge of the islet, the sound of lapping water leading him towards the cool touch like a siren out in temptation.

There was something unsettling about having his body so close to the waters edge, but danger wasn’t the fear, it was the fear of being so close to something so cold and yet feel colder than it still. A shudder ran through Mikel’s spine as his eyes landed against the curve of the paling moon. “And forever you outrun the grasp that could hold so tight…’’ His head dropped, and his eyes slid shut once more as he pushed a sigh through thin lips, his hand dropping to his side and dropping his suit jacket to the rocks beneath it. His arms stretched above his head, the shine of his pale skin with tattoo’s covering in Family Markings around his wrist and shoulders, back and hips. This was something new, but something that was easily adjusted to, the only thing that bothered him about it, was the fact the new feeling in his skin kept his mind distracted. Kept him from being alert and knowing what was around him at all times. There was something strange about him these last few nights since he returned to the island or Ireland. Yet here he was, trying to remember something he left behind.

With a deep groan his eyes twitched and darted across the islet to the groups of trees surrounding the bridge. With a hesitant breath he watched the shadows and as the wind took to the leaves, the eye caught the glimmer of white. ‘’Come from the shadows, the light wont burn and the evil won’t bite…’’ He spoke to the girl hiding in the woods, once his senses finally gathered together he wouldn’t need a reply to know who it was hiding behind the shadows, his dance with the moon was over this night, but another was just about to happen in the midst of a gentle chilled wind.

4In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

He was really a true delight to watch. So graceful and dare she say elegant? And she was sure he knew she was there, so all that she allowed her to glimpse of him was like Christmas morning for her.

His declaration that the evil wouldn't bite made her stiffen and a frown tugged at her lips. Why did he insist that evil hung around him, floating above his head like a heavy storm cloud. Her back arched as she pushed herself away from the tree and stepped out from behind it to face him.

The smile that she gave him was contrite to say the least. She did feel guilty for seeking him out, but in her defense he hadn't told her not to come find him. Perhaps that had been implied though...

She took a few careful steps towards him, her colorless eyes reflecting the moonlight, her skin glowing, giving her an almost translucent look. "I'm sorry..." She whispered, feeling rather like an errant child. Of course...he hadn't exactly scolded her yet.

When she finally stood next to him, her eyes dropped to the jacket that lay on the rocks, before her face lifted back to look up at him. What else could she say besides she was sorry?

So she stood there, arms folded behind her back, looking up at him, chewing lightly on her bottom lip, hoping that he would go easy on her tonight.

5In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

His eyes lifted to look upon the girl of white that stood near him yet she seemed to keep her distance from him. His eyes shut again for a moment as he took in a deep breath, the cold air tingeing against the inner capacity of his lungs. Forcing his shoulders to let off a shake before his eyes opened once again, only to land upon the reflection of the moon in the waters grasp. The way she looked at him, he had no clue why anyone would look at him like that. Such emotion buried behind those eyes, and the lips only spoke so many words. There was something here that he had let go so many months ago and now he was returning perhaps it was too late.

Yet here she was, standing at his side and he knew there was a smile on her lips. He didn’t even have to look to know that there was torture upon that face, a look of death upon a beautiful smile he didn’t want to face. But he had to. So he did. He turned in spot and looked upon the white beauty that stood at his side of course with the smile on her lips, if his heart beat it would break in a moment. The way she stood, held herself and smiled at him. He knew it wasn’t she that should be apologizing. His hand outstretched and gently grasped against her upper arm, and a smile fell across his lips. ’’Angelica… No… I’m sorry…’’

His arms wrapped around her shoulders and pulled the woman into his chest, his face fell into the plush softness of her white hair. He took a deep breath in and breathed in her smell, her life, her very being. This was something he had missed for such a long time, he couldn’t believe himself to be foolish enough to leave her here on her own in this place. Thoughts ran through his mind of the boy that wouldn’t leave her alone, his rage grew and his hate started to become vile. But he breathed in her hair once again, and a single tear rolled down his cheek and fell into her hair. ’’I’m so sorry…’’ His head lifted for a moment, just to pull the white of her hair from her neck so he could press his cheek to her neck and feel the warmth of her skin against the cold bitterness of his face.

Perhaps he truly was a cold monster, a being of evil and he did not yet know it. His eyes glanced down for just a moment upon her shoulder, spotting the Imprint that was left so long ago. He remembered the color it had been in the beginning, the bright red surrounded by a black thick line, spotting with silver insets. But now it faded into a soft red, a grey and the white had all but completely disappeared. There was something offset about this, perhaps he really was spending too much time away from home. ’’How have you been…’’ His words were but simple whispers as he pulled away from the girl, holding her shoulders in his hand as he stood in front of her.

6In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She'd only seen Mikel in a flurry of emotion once, and she had not liked the outcome. The brief memory of the church filled her mind, and she wanted to shudder. She could still hear his cold laugh and taunting words. But she kept herself still, looking up at him, searching his face. Such a beautiful man he was. His eyes were inset though, and she could make-out the faint lines that said he hadn't been sleeping well. Or maybe it was the way the moon reflected off the water that gave him that tired look.

When he turned suddenly to look at her, crystal eyes widened in surprise. He looked so haunted like this and he was so quiet. Her lips turned up in an understanding smile, the unspoken bond that held between them unbroken. His cool hand wrapped around her arm and she felt her heart do a leap. He affected her so easily. She breathed in deep, trying to calm her rapid heart, wrinkling her nose at herself. His apology was very...unexpected? What had this man done to wrong her that he felt the need to apologize?

Her shoulders slumped as she calmed, his arms pulling her into him. This was from this point on, her favorite place to be. Circled in his arms like she was a prized possession, she relaxed, knowing she was safe here. She inhaled roughly the same time that he did, her eyes fluttering closed. Her arms snaked up and around him, holding him to her. He smelled heavenly, like the cold, crisp air that followed the first snow of winter. "I missed you..." she breathed, barely whispering.

She craned her neck slightly, allowing him any access to her neck that he wanted, her breathing slow and steady for the time being. The cold of his skin didn't phase her though, and again she marveled at how it felt to be the warmer one. Her eyes opened slowly and she brought her hands up, one sliding into his hair. It felt nice to hold onto him like his, and her fears were suddenly put to rest. He really was back.

She made a small noise of protest when he pulled away, but she let him go easily, her arms falling to her sides. She looked up at him, that familar, happy smile curling her lips. She really was just glad to have him home. And now that he was touching her, his hands rested lightly on her shoulders, and she could see, smell and hear him, she was visibly relieved. "Well enough, despite the unusual heat. I really missed you..." she told him, her hands sliding up to his arms, holding him still, reluctant to let him go now.

7In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

She looked surprised, and it caught him slightly off guard. Even as her hands held onto his arms, he kept his position still with his hands gently perched upon her. ”You seem upset with me…’’ His face shifted and his smile left his lips, even after her embrace and words of comfort he didn’t know what to think so far. He had been gone for quite sometime and even he had changed a bit from the day he had last seen her. Perhaps he was just expecting too much, grim news alike. Yet his eyes watched her carefully and a smile pulled at the corner of his lips. ’’I’ve missed you as well Angelica…’’ His voice trailed off as he stared into those big eyes of hers for even just a moment before his hands released their grip on her.

He let his arms drop back to his sides, pulling away from her reluctant hold. Carefully he leaned over and scooped up the suit jacket that laid on the rocks at his feet. Quietly he held it, brushed a few leaves and grass from the surface of it, gave it a small shake then pulled it over his shoulders slipping it back on. Unusual he pulled the suit jacket closed and did up every button on it’s front, with a deep breath his hands flattened the front of the suit and then slipped into the pockets that angled at each side. His smile held at his lips still, his head raising to look back upon Angelica once again.

’’So how has everything been? Last I heard you were training with Kouichi…’’ His voice almost snapped at the end, the corner of his lip raised in almost a snarl. Quickly the blue orbs dashed across the open expanse of the river bed and searched for another face that he missed. He had been slightly off on realizing his surroundings, he was new to this once again and didn’t like being too far from home during this new change. He quickly shook his shoulders and glanced back to the girl that stood before him, foot in front of the other he stepped passed her and walked behind her, turning to look back up at the moon that hung so tantalizingly delicious in the black sky.

Quickly his entire demeanor seemed to change in a heated moment and his smile crooked and slanted downwards, with his eyes half closed thoughts ran rampart in his mind. The child he left behind, the arguments he forgot he had, the words he never said. Perhaps this was starting to build in his undead character, which as unusual as it may seem. The man wasn’t willing to let go of just yet. He had held off being a creature of night this long, what reason did he have to give up now? For strength, stamina and immortality is a band-aid for the days heated moment, but alas he would be the only one left standing on the castle walls.

’’What are you doing out here anyways? It’s past midnight and you know what lurks in the shadows of the night.’’ His head turned and his eyes closed briefly for a moment before they snuck open and snapped to the girl. ’’Where lightning strikes once, it will strike twice. Not even the holy impress of Churches will suppress the desires of death and life-force.’’ Quickly his eyes snapped away from the girl again and a deep sigh escaped his lips as he moved once again, his foot steps silent as he moved towards the inner trail of the islet, leading back to the trail that led beneath the bridge. ’’Come, let’s walk.’’

8In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She had never wished that she could read someone’s mind so much in her life. She had thought that her face and smile would convey excitement and happiness at his return, but instead he seemed to think she was upset with him. That was simply just not true. Her eyebrows knitted together for a moment as she wondered what she could have done to make him think that.

But the question of what she did to make him think she was upset quickly disappeared. Her eyes widened with shock and happiness. Oh he had missed her! How lucky she was to have someone like Mikel miss her. She wanted to leap into his arms and kiss him, but she refrained, a light blush painting her pale face. She tilted her head, sending a few loose strands of white hair over her shoulders. Even as his fingers pulled away from her, the smile that curled her lips was uncontrollable.

She watched him quietly as he pulled on his jacket, her eyes slipping over his state of dress. He always looked so nice. She glanced down at her own clothes, a slight frown creasing her face suddenly. She was just in jean shorts and a tank top. It made her want to run back to her room and change into a pretty dress, but after a moment, her eyes lifted back to him. He really was Mr. Mood Swing today wasn’t he? One second ago he was smiling, and now he was scolding her.

She had the grace to blush again, her eyes averting away from him, a slow smile slipping over her pale lips. He was scolding her for being out so late, but when else could she enjoy the outside air? Of course…that wasn’t why she was out tonight. That caused her blush to brighten, but despite her sudden embarrassment for her reason out tonight, she turned to follow him. She had to take a few extra steps to catch up with him, but when she did she slipped her hand into his, needing the contact with him.

“I haven’t trained any more with Kouichi…not since you left.” She explained slowly, sneaking a glance up at him, before her eyes dropped back to the ground as she walked. “And I’m not upset with you…I just missed you. That’s why I came looking for you. How was home?” She was sure that’s where he’d been and since he came back, he hadn’t been the same. It worried her.

9In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:44 am

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

Carefully his hands stretch forward, gently gripping the ends of his sleeves for just a moment as he tugged the suit jacket closer to his form. His head tilted and he stared at the girl in front of him for a moment, with a deep breath he moved close to her. Standing about half an inch away from her form, almost looming over her. With a shifting grin piercing across his lips, his arms moved and gently wrapped around her form, slipping his hands to press along her lower back firmly. He held her tightly as his head leaned down to her neck, his breath hot upon the mark he had left upon her neck. ’’I pray you aren’t with that child… Practice does make perfect, however no one shall place their hands on a prize that has already been claimed.’’ He let out a soft growl as he pressed his lips firmly into the mark on her shoulder.

With another soft growl, his arms loosened around her form, hands touching against her arms and gripping around her wrists. Gripping tightly around her wrists, but not tight enough to hurt her he lifted her hands up to his face. Opening her palms he laid the warmth of her palms against his cheeks, and his eyes closed as soon as he felt the warmth. ’’There’s a strange wind blowing in, and the tides become weak against the rise of the moon…’’ His eyes shot open and quickly he stared into her eyes, those bright eyes he hadn’t seen in such a long time. ’’Danger arises in the west, bringing waves of energy and new celestial beings that interline with the stars and the speed of the earth turning. ‘’ His eyes danced across her pale face and his eyes closed once again, as his cheek pressed into her hand. For just a moment he held her warmth against his face and forgot all the problems he had left behind.

Carefully his face carefully raised up from her hands but his hands stayed wrapped around her wrists, and tight so he was almost dreading to let go of her. There was something off about his personality and there was a part of his mind that was always running. ’’In darkness we find the smells of the lesser lead us to our dining tables, shining silver and gold with cloths laid upon stone tablets. Here the sacrifices will be made, and the turning of the tide presses over golden shores.’’ With another deep sigh he tugged her hands towards his chest, his hands wrapped around her wrist, led her smoothly as he pressed her hands against his chest and then finally he let her wrists go and lifted his hands to her face and gently cupped her cheeks in his hands. ’’My darling chile’ of night, my fortunes blessing upon the seamless moon face. In swift mist shall the brothers and sisters come to drag you into the depths of the night, into the undying river… And for this I’m frightened. For you bare the soul that I sent free…’’

His voice turned to a whisper as his hands let free her face, and gently he pulled his suit jacket off once again and wrapped it over her shoulders and tugged it tight around her so that he could button up one of the buttons. ’’For you are the ocean that the moon reflects on…’’ His steel blue eyes stared lifelessly into Angelica’s. ’’Lillith Angelica Johnson. In secret must you stay, in shadows must you hide, from prying eyes we must stray…And from that child of ill will you will keep me from, or I shall present his heart on a platter like his ancestors before him. For no one disturbs the angelic figure than dawns the night shadow.’’

10In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She tilted her head, watching his every move. Colorless eyes lifted, looking up at him as he stepped up to her. And she realized how scary he should have been to her in that moment. He towered over her, and he was infinitely stronger than she was. But she felt no fear at him. Her heart burned with the emotion and affection she felt towards him. So when he pushed his cool hands against the small of her back, she leaned into him, her arms coming up to his sides, holding him there. She knew that his words were sweet, even if they didn’t come out like that. Kouichi-san wasn’t a child though. Well…compared to Mikel, who was at least a hundred, he might be. But that wasn’t the way he’d meant it, and she knew it. Goosebumps rose over her skin though. The mark was sensitive under his lips.

When he pulled away, and his arms slackened around her some, she chewed her bottom lip, lost in observation of this man. But her hands moved with his, a smile pulling at her lips now. She caressed his face gently, her eyes widening some. He was being strangely cryptic, and while her heart always beat heavily around him, it had her body working double-time to keep up. And then his eyes opened, and she was struck, in complete awe of the man in front of her. She didn’t see the Vampire. She saw the man, with raw emotion in his eyes. She felt her breath leave her, and she wanted to hold him and soothe away his worries. What danger? Her mind was reeling. What danger was there to either of them here, at Caislin? She finally inhaled when his eyes closed again, and she found that she hadn’t missed the breath all that much. Not when it allowed her to gaze into the very soul of the man in front of her.

She watched with fascination as he pulled his face from her hands, which he still held around the wrists, his cold touch welcome against her skin. What was wrong with her Mikel? He’d never acted this way before, and she had to admit that it was beginning to scare her. What sacrifices would need to be made? And suddenly, she felt protective of him, as though she could defend him from whatever was coming. She pushed her hands into his chest lightly, holding them there even when he let go of her. Gently, and with such care, like a cool breeze, his hands came to cup her face, and she closed her eyes, nuzzling both hands softly, enjoying the way his hands felt against her face. But from what he said…whatever it was came after her; seeking her. And that worried her. Was it his family that sought her out, wanting to change her? Mikel didn’t seem to want to transform her though.

Her head tilted slightly, and her eyes opened widely, gazing up at him, the coldness of his hands fading as he pulled his jacket off and slung it around her shoulders. This forced her hands away from his chest, but she found that being surrounded by his smell was just as comforting. She would have to remember to take one of his shirts when she got a chance. Confusion clouded her clear eyes. “Mikel…” she whispered, as though she didn’t understand. And truly, she didn’t. Her heart hammered harder in her chest, and she held her breath gazing into those lifeless eyes. “Mikel, Kouichi-san is my brother, not only in ability, but feelings too. He would never harm me. I ask that you please not harm him. Just like losing you would cause me unbearable, heart-breaking pain, losing him would hurt me as well.” She explained, pushing her arms through the sleeves of the jacket and reaching up to hold his face again, the extra material falling back and bunching over her wrists. “Now please tell me why we must stray from prying eyes…what danger lurks that has you so afraid for my life?”

11In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:32 am

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

His arms clenched and in that moment, where her touch was finally too much for his skin, the warmth of the heart was beginning to burn the very skin that held him together. Was he truly dead or was this just another trick of the light. Her touch burned his face, so physically and mentally that pain was produced within his mind. For generations he lacked the simple negate of pain and finally he found himself struck against the face with a feeling that was like the sun touched his skin. What evil did he find in his homeland, what darkness did he allow inside of his heart. His skin lashed and burned, spreading the cells apart to produce a red blotching and tearing exposing the muscle beneath the skin. His body was tense but engulfed in the fascination of the feeling of pain, this feeling of burning against his face. He wasn’t losing his final life, he wasn’t not going to burn and perish away. But the pain reminded him of a time where breathing used to cause the same pain throughout his chest. Quickly his face pulled away from her touch, the Ice Element was burning against vampires face, for curious reasons he could feel such intensity throughout his face.

His hands lifted to cover his cheeks immediately after pulling away from her, then one hand covered the left side of his face, where the only open wound laid in the skin. His free hand fell against his side and clenched once again not into a fist, but every muscle in his arm froze as a smirk pulled over his lips.”You wish the touch of death and romance, the splendid kiss that surrounds you with such patent feeling, so desire-able you find it as you stand along the edges of the abyss, carefully you found yourself stepping closer and closer. But would you take the life beneath your fingers, would you sacrifice the very blood of the human soul just to achieve what you wonder if you so long desire. If there is something here that I may be pressing on, and may it shatter like glass beneath the very weight of my boot. But alas shall not allow the devil inside to torture these decisions no longer. This, Angelica, This, Lillith. This is the song the Dead Bird sings. This is the greatest and worst gift condemned upon us like a curse.” Carefully his hand away from his cheek, dropping to his side to match the other except for one movement where he wiped the palm of his hand against his pants.

Taking a deep breath he turned on the heel of his shoe and walked to the side, looking at the lake that bent and soared besides the small islet by the bridge. His reflection gone within the waters grasp, even his shadow had left him friendless and perhaps this was things no one took notice of. ”You speak wishes of becoming something of the dark, something of the old that would not die. Perhaps this is the end dear Lillith, perhaps there is no more of this danger that pulls at my will. This land has changed and become civilized just as every other land has, and carefully and slowly this world has changed from what I’ve known into this new Tech age that threatens my very being. Is this where you really want to lay? In darkness forever? Hidden from all things that threaten the very breathless moment of your life? Nay, this is a future I have seen, a decision that must be made. The Children of Night, the Parents of Parie’ claim no more existence in this world of corruption of deceit. This life is over dear Lillith, and it belongs to you and him, and everyone else in this little town, in the world. The days of old are gone, and we are dying along with it…’’ His pain was heavy, dripping into his heart and his throat, like when he was a child and scared to talk to the nannies that covered the house since his mother wasn’t a caring woman. Standing along the shore, his eyes slid closed and carefully his arms raised up to fold behind his head, expelling a long breath out. ’’I think it’s time for relaxation.” He smiled, crookedly as he would when light and happiness covered his mind instead of this new dark threat.

12In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

It had never really occurred to her that her touch might be too much for him. Especially in the way that Kouichi’s touch was almost too much for her. And she felt the burning pain seeping into his skin just as much as he did, but for her, it felt every bit like she remembered frostbite felt. The cold burn singed her hand, her eyebrows knitted together. What was happening? It had never burned to touch him before. So why did it burn now? She dropped her hand away from his face, her own look of pain contorted her face. She worked quickly to mask it though, not wanting him to think that he caused her any pain, lest he disappear into the night without a second word, again.

Her eyes locked on the mark now, forcing herself to look over the wound that she’d inflicted on him with just a simple touch. Perhaps she should just walk around with gloves all the time and never touch anyone. The thought was depressing. To never be able to touch Mikel, to never be able to feel the contact of skin, one of the many sensations that kept her feeling normal. She could easily recall how people had treated her before, the cruel words that they’d said, and the way they had strayed from her touch. It had gotten so bad that she’d even been afraid to walk through the halls at school, lest she accidentally touch someone and scare them.

She listened intently, though his words should have left marks against her skin. Did he not question why she wanted to become like him? She couldn’t recall him ever asking, and though she would have told him before he left for Paris, she had been denied the opportunity. The long months of waiting and hoping for him to return had only strengthened the affections she felt for him. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” They always said. But apparently he hadn’t felt the same way. Perhaps he’d been happy in his time without her, and who could blame him? She was hardly anywhere close to his level of intellect, strength or understanding. She couldn’t even be considered a match, not even when it came to their clothes. She pulled his jacket tightly around her, relishing the feel and smell again, before a sigh escaped her lips.

Her head dropped now, and she stared at the ground, unable to look up at him now. It hurt to think that these feelings had been one-sided. That the moment they had shared in the nurse’s office, where she had offered her own life’s blood, and he accepted, had been completely platonic. The memory of the cold pool, where he’d kissed her for the first time was just as painful and in a moment, she felt true shame. She was just a child from Pennsylvania when it came to him, she didn’t even possess the proper curves of a real woman. So this was what it came to? Another refusal? At least she understood better this time, that his feelings weren’t the same for her.

And it hurt. She could feel the ache in her chest grow and grow until it felt like she couldn’t breathe anymore. The mark on her skin burned, searing her to the bone with an unfamiliar pain. And it was in this moment that she knew she had to do something. She simply could not allow him to treat her like this. And she wouldn’t.
“Michael Morrigan, I am not some child that you can dictate to. If you wish to end this relationship with me, whatever it is, then you must say so. I desire to be like you, because I want to be with you always. I am, and have been in love with you since that day in the cafeteria. You would know that, had you said goodbye to me when you left for Paris, because I would have told you; and understood that I couldn’t come along, because of the nature of the business. But you’ve been gone for four months, and you come back here, scolding me for wanting to be with you?”

She took a few steps forward so that she was relatively close behind him. “This mark on my shoulder…” she undid the buttons on his jacket and let it fall with a grace and poise that she didn’t know she possessed, revealing the mark. “means something to me. And if it doesn’t to you, then that’s just fine. But I no longer find this game cute or appealing. I should like to have the knowledge of the way you feel about me, this instant or so help me, you’ll have more than just frost in your hair.” It was a threat in a voice that was very much not like her.

Perhaps it was the time of cruel teasing she’d endured that made her so demanding in this instant, or maybe it was the way her heart was breaking. She’d never been so demanding in her whole life, and she had to admit, that she felt better for being able to face this head on. But she wasn’t sure how he’d take it, so she swallowed hard, and stood there, staring at him, biting her tongue to assure herself that if pain was indeed to come of this, that she would be ready, be it mental, physical…or even emotional.

13In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

There was something stirring within the man, something he couldn’t hold onto anymore and had to let screaming and kicking, throw the fit it needed to have. Such a long time since Mikel had given anyone any inclination that his emotions weren’t under his control, that dying hadn’t made himself completely lose in this terrible game. Yet there was an other, and within this other came the price for blood, came the last remnant of his life that he left in the hands of this gentle girl. So gentle, so mortal, so fragile. This is what he loved of her, not that she was so cold that she burned his skin in soft contact. Not that she was a social girl that loved to find the new and the interesting. It was the innocence he found so demanding, so alluring to his dead touch. Yet here he was, trying to push her away from the immortal sin, yet here she was trying to fall into it.

’’You remember the day that I met Kouichi? Remember how he burned with hate for what I am? Do you not know what it feels like to be hated soley for being a monster? In the real world, we get hurt, killed, chased and tortured, it’s not like here where people even when they want to rip your throat out, tolerate you. And I fear tolerance will run out as the years flow by. Nothing grows an undead and living together, I’m surprised we’ve lasted as long as we have, with whatever this is. I love you more than I loved my wife Lillith. I love you. Why do you think I’ve held back on turning you? I don’t want you to suffer the same longing fate as I have to suffer. It’s not fair that you would be hunted just as I, that you would be tortured just as I.’’ His eyes shut with such a force it felt like his head was going to peel off from his shoulders, yet he held his stance strong along the edge of the water. With a deep breath his eyes opened slowly, reflecting into the moon light as he let the air slip past his lips, he didn’t need to breathe but he loved how it felt between his lips.

His body flashed, for him his speed was normal but he didn’t know if Lillih had adjusted to it yet or not. In a blink of an eye he stood in front of her, with his hands crumpled and gripping onto themselves at his side. ’’Don’t you dare threaten me with such a cold touch, even if you can burn me, it wont hurt as much as you being hurt. It wont matter to me if I lose my life because you feel the need to cover me in an icey thickness as clear and frozen as my own unbeating heart. There’s reasons why I do the things I do, I left for reasons which are coming clearer to me every day. And yet here we are bickering and arguing like we’re some kind of mortals that’ll die in twenty years. We aren’t meant to be fighting, I’m not here to be threatened by you, that kid, or any other creature here. This is a dangerous game your asking to be apart of. This is a deathly grave you want to experience. I’ve told you of the pain, the transformation, the delicate surrender of sunlight and all things daylight. Yet… You’re love holds so strong you tempt the darkness, even when those closest to you will turn…’’ His fists released and he quickly dropped to his knees in front of her, quickly his arms wrapped around her legs with his cheek against her thigh. The ice froze against his cheek where she touched him, cracked and melted against his skin only to show a red gash in his skin, yet this time his skin wasn't healing like it would have before.

’’Burn me all you must, crack the skin and bone, but please don’t ask me to change you while I know you are still in such great danger… I love you Lillith….’’

14In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She could feel her heart hammer in chest as she waited for him to either make or break her. She reflected sadly that it came down to this...waiting for him to either confess love or tell her to get lost. It was a terrible place to be. And the moments dragged by...feeling like hours. Each second felt like a lifetime as she waited for him.

And finally, when his voice rang out, she thought that relief would flood her. But it was only dread. And fear. It ran thick as honey through her veins. And about Kouichi-san, no less. What was it with the two of them? Why couldn't they get along? They both shared a similar interest. And it dawned on her that Kouichi hadn't spoken a word about Mikel during his absence. He had comforted her, and even helped dry her tears, but he never spoke an ill word about him to her.

So what was it with Mikel? Why did he detest him so much? She narrowed her eyes on him, only half listening as she tried to figure this out. Did Kouichi hate Mikel because he thought Mikel was a monster? And Mikel hated Kouichi because he thought that's what Kouichi thought? It was all so confusing! She wished she had a pen and paper to take notes.

Her crystal eyes never moved from him, her lips set into a firm line as she continued her inner monologue, attempting to understand things. And she was fairly lost in thought, it was no wonder she nearly fell over when Mikel flashed in front of her, barely inches away from her.

Her concentration snapped, and suddenly she was paying better attention to him than she was her own thudding heart. She swallowed hard, her lips parting with each breath she inhaled and exhaled, her fingers curling into balls. So he wasn't here to be threatened. And then it dawned on her... "I love you Lillith, more than I loved my wife..."

So he did have feelings for her, deep ones at that. She felt stunned, like her heart had stopped beating...like the world had stopped turning. Joy blossomed in her as she thought about those moments that they shared together, that things hadn't been one sided. That he'd felt them too. And while it made sense...his reasoning did, she couldn't get past the Kouichi-san thing.

She blinked, realizing that he was no longer standing before her, but on his knees, pressing his cheek to her thigh. "Oh..." she breathed, looking down at him as though she were confused. His declaration of love had been just what she wanted to hear, but there was still a sadness that hung over her. Perhaps she shouldn't have pushed this. Maybe pushing him to admit his feelings had been the wrong thing to do.

The cold burn of frostbite bit into her skin, and she struggled a little, the pain unfamiliar and unexpected. Why was he doing this? She stared down at him, her breath scarcely moving her chest up and down, locked in pain and want, confusion and clarity all at once. She had the deeper insight that she had desired, but at what price?

"Mikel...I love you too. But..." she trailed off for a moment, thinking of what to say. Words like this didn't come easily. Tears sprang to her eyes, and she had to swallow past the large lump in her throat. "I cannot be with a man who hates my kin. In your absence, Kouichi spoke not an ill word of you. He dried my tears, lightened my mood, helped me even. I love you both...but choosing would kill me. And while I thank you for thinking of my well being by not turning me, your words have made my heart heavy with a sadness I did not know I could feel twice in a lifetime." Tears dripped down her face now, turning into little droplets of ice as they fell from her chin.

"He means a great deal to me...he was the only other person, aside from Nana who accepted me for who I am, and called me family. How can I turn my back on that?" she ask him softly, barely whispering the words. "Thank you for opening my eyes to this." she whispered. "My love for you has grown until my heart and soul are overflowing with it. But you must make amends, put this hatred that taints your thoughts and actions behind you...then and only then will I be able to fully give myself to you. Heart, body, and spirit." she explained, more tears turned to ice drops as she closed her eyes.

15In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:57 am

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

This was not a state of shock, this was a realization of his mortality growing closer.
The heart was breaking, the lies were taking the life was breaking upon this very rock.
With all its chasing, never evading always fading.
Here he sat upon his lonely stock.
Always thinning, never smiling could never whine.
Yet here the riddles lay.

How life easily turned itself around and spun everyone out of control, even those who had nested here for centuries. He almost couldn’t believe he had gotten so entangled, yet the Elder told him what was to happen if he continued down this dreadful road. One of two things needed to happen, and it seemed a third would be taking place here tonight. The pain in his face, arms, and chest grew too much for him, pulling away and as he did, small pieces fell off his chest and arms, falling to the softened ground below, and still breaking upon the very surface. When she spoke, it was like ice speaking through flame, the steam rose and burned slightly but the over all enjoyment was almost like a movie. The way she took a stance, the way she dealt with her words. If this is what she wanted, to break him down until he had no where else to go, then to turn him away as well. It worked, his mind was finally tapped and the boy was forever gone, what little mortality he did hold onto he did not care no longer. This was a rude awakening in the life he was living, which only made his mind work the gears that much faster, perhaps if he left, he thought for a moment, he would move fast enough she could actually forget this.

Yet when she spoke, he listened, he didn’t drown her out or ignore her spiteful words. These words she spewed was not the words he wanted to hear echoed out in the voice he had longed for, for so many months. His heart broke, the success was done, the battle was won. His unbeating, un dying heart finally stopped. Carefully lengethened arms let go of the young elementalists body and took in a deep breath as he sat back on his heels. Mikel...I love you too. But.. The words kept rolling through his mind like he actually had some kind of control over how many times he wanted or needed to hear it rolling through his mind. He never though in a million years that the day he opened up, would be the day he was told to grow up. Thank you… Thank you… His heart was broken, his skin was peeling from the very bone as it froze and broke away into little pieces of dead flesh. Even his facial expression could tell the world how he felt on the inside, he looked happy, like he was ready to dance in the rain with joy. The smile on his face, the twinkle in his eye, it didn’t fade, just changed for reason.

Was this what was to happen all along, the words of the elders were right? The words of the students were right? How could such an… He couldn’t even think about it anymore, he could just smile as his cheek broke off into pieces, slowly disfiguring the once handsome face that would smile in the pit of despair. Yet, his smile, half faced even, was different from the many he had smiled before, crooked, broken, lied. This vampire had felt pain through his mortal life, felt the loss of the world on his shoulders, then felt the weight of it put back in this new generation. Yet here he was, dying again. His smile shifted into the devilish grin and carefully his eyes closed, like he was scared of the skin falling from his eyelids, yet, he face had returned to the gentle pale color rather than the bluish freezing color he had endured the last couple of hours. With this he stood up straight and took in a deep breath, his eyes narrowed and then finally closed as he inhaled sharply, arms moving to cross over his chest.

’’Lillith… Lillith…Lillith…. So only your Nana and your dear friend there accept you for who you are? My year of spending time with you, comforting you, loving you…. Giving you everything.’’ His eyes opened slowly and he looked at the woman in white, sheltered by the cold with his jacket thrown across her shoulders. ’’This is true I suppose, I don’t accept you for who you are, what you are, I suppose I just came along and offered you a path that you just couldn’t take, no matter the costs and no matter what I sacrificed… I just..’’His heart felt heavy yet his footsteps felt heavier as he moved away from her and towards the bridge. ’’The mark will fade, as it is now… You’ll lose the color, then the shape and it’ll be like it was never there….You can call your friend from the shadows…’’ His footsteps thudded against the ground, and then finally echoed on the stone of the bridge that would send him into the newer part of Naiser Vail.

’’Keep the jacket, it’s a gift…’’

16In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:09 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Why did it have to be like this? Why must he make her choose? The relationship that they had was a good one. The edges of it were tinged with sadness and misunderstanding. But all in all, it was well formed. They had a decent give and take. Just as she and Kouichi had.

She felt the weight of her words as they settled on her shoulders. She could feel the pain in her heart. Tears rolled down her cheeks, dropping off from her chin, turning into little crystal tear drops before they shattered on the ground. And even though there was fresh pain lacing through her...she wasn't sure where it radiated from. Was it her shoulder? Or was it her heart?

Her eyes opened and she stared at him, watching him literally fall apart. Watching as pieces dropped off of him. It must be what was happening to her on the inside, since she felt her heart breaking. She had known that this wouldn't be easy...that those words would bring them both pain. But she hadn't expected this.

More tears filled her eyes, blurring her vision, as he spoke. Of course he had given her everything. He had loved her, though she would admit that he had strange ways of showing it. And happiness had filled her until she couldn't think of an unhappy moment. Her lips parted, and her body frozen, she cried, forced to listen to him.

She wished she could rewind time, and then watch it all play out so she could better understand. "Mikel...no.." she breathed, finally able to speak. Her hand came up, her whole body numb, to cover her mark, and she shook her head.

Her mark would fade? Disappear? Be like it had never happened? If only her heart could forget this ever happened. And surely this couldn't be right...it hurt far too much to be right. She felt wounded, like he'd stuck a dagger in, twisted it around, and then poured poison into the wound. But this was hardly his doing.

Hadn't she been the one to say that she couldn't bare their fighting? That she couldn't be with a man who hated her kin? It was her hand that held the dagger, and hers that twisted it. He may have added the poison that was truth, but all in all, it was her own problem.

She watched him walk away for a moment, locked in this state of pain and torture that curled through her. Her shoulder burned, her heart felt as though it were in pieces, and her head felt painfully full with all the sudden knowledge that had been bestowed on her.

"Mikel..no.." she whispered again, and her feet were moving of their own accord. She ran now, ran after him, grabbed the his arm and held on tightly. "No..no...please...I can't. I can't bare for you to leave me again. Please Mikel...please..." she begged him. Her hands held tightly to him, squeezing his arm, pleading with him and her own sanity to stay. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry..." she sobbed now, like a child.

17In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

Clop, clop, clop. In the epicenter, Kouichi stood. His hands lifted in front of his chest, clapping silently. At the end of the bridge, he stood. Like an obstacle. Across the bridge from the two. "Oh, bravo... Good show!" He chuckled. His gaze hidden in shadows by the closed lids over his eyes. He wore a simple tee shirt. Accompanied by blue jeans. Lacking his jacket, and swords. Once his presence was revealed, his hands lifted over his head. "I come in peace. Unarmed." Taking a step closer to the two, he spun on the heel of his sandal. Showing he held no equipment. His hair was spiked up and blocked off by a bandanna. Kanji that translated into Big Brother sprawled across the fabric on his forehead.

His lips curled into a smile. His head tilting as he realized the distance between Angelica and the vampire. "Oh this is no good." He shrugged and stepped closer once more. "I was always under the impression that you western gentleman were 'civilized', I think the word would be..." His head leaned back, and an index finger pressed to his chin. "Yes, because we of the east are savages. Wasn't that right?" He asked Mikel. His voice was sarcastic at best. Like he was mocking every westerner. Stopping ten paces from the separated two.

His gaze turning to Angelica, then lifted to the sky above. Back down to Mikel who was now in focus. The sight was almost enough to change Kouichi's bright expression. "Racist comments aside..." He said from the safe distance he held. Watching the vampire. "You're looking a bit roughed up, would a quick meal help?" His head tilted and his smile dissolved into a frown. From his safe spot, disconnected from the others, Kouichi offered his left wrist. Trying to be friendly at least. "It'd be a shame if my dear sister's beloved were to rot away."

18In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

He could only laugh, watching as this man came from the shadows impeding on the will like it was some kind of dramatic comedy that hit home with those with broken homes. ’’Unarmed, says the man that sprays electricity from his pores… You light up like a night fly and can be seen for miles…’’ He chuckled again this time only for a moment as he lifted his hand to his face and covered the patches of missing skin against the bone. Grinning he just smiled crookedly of course since half his smile was bare teeth and bones. Slowly his head tilted down to look at Angelica at his arm, pulling and burning the skin even more so, because of this he snapped his wrist out of her hand and pulled back moving a few steps back away from her. ’’Do you not think I’ve been burned enough by your Icy touch?’’ He chuckled once again and let his eyes close for a moment before throwing his hands up into the air.

’’The world of wits has been won, and the prize can be rightfully claimed. East or west, it no longer matters which descent you are from, just where it will be taken. In this light, it seems almost innocent, yet the choices are no longer free of will and the insight is broken along the walls of indecision.’’ His arms crossed and he held his hands and wrists close to his chest, watching as the ice poured over his skin and spread thin. With a sigh escaping his thin lips his hands started shaking and the pain within him was almost too much to bear. Mortalility That feeling was popping up more and more often these days and he couldn’t stand it anymore. Things had to go back to the way they once were, the monster in the forest, the creature at night, the hunted evil. This thought gave him a grin that went to his ear, something struck through him and it was… Amazing.

The sight of Kouichi pushing his wrist out to where Mikel could see the moonlight flash against the man’s electrified skin. Step by step, the sound of his dress shoes knocking against the stone bridge echoed beneath the weight. Moving slowly around Angelica that was standing where he had ripped his hand away from her. One hand pulled from his chest and moved up to his face, brushing the loose strands out of his face and over the top of his head. He stepped closer to the man with his wrist held out, he took his steps in stride and stood at the end of the potentially dangerous man at the other end of it. He could smell it, burning flesh. Why could he smell this man so precisely. His hand moved from the length of his side, dropping after adjusting the hair on his head, and with the back of his wrist, lifted the man’s wrist higher towards his face sniffing at the mans wrist. The side of his face that was still whole, leaned over and pressed the thin ice layer to the man’s electrified skin, listening as the ice melted from the heat of the electric within.

He quickly dropped the man’s wrist and took a few solid steps backwards before bending his head forwards in an movement of excuse-ment from the presence. Then he again walked past Angelica and moved off the bridge onto the harden ground that led to the small path way. ’’These devilish games are done for the eve’ I bid you all a farewell and a good night, you have each other to guide you safely through the night back to your homes. So go, before I take more than what you offer, don’t you dare offer yourself to me again, fair warning...’’His head shook and his back turned, the hollow steps of the Vampric Man moved towards the trail one hand shot above his head to wave to the two he left behind.

19In The Depths Of The Hallows Empty Re: In The Depths Of The Hallows Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She'd never felt more desperate in all her life. Like she was barely hanging onto life by a thread. It felt like she was dangling over the bridge that was her life, and falling meant death. She didn't want the mark to fade. She didn't want to let him go. This hadn't been what was supposed to happen.

But she couldn't stop it. Just like she couldn't stop him. Or Kouichi from showing up. The sight of him barely registered though. His blonde hair and lack of swords was what caught her attention. And for a moment, she allowed herself to look away from Mikel and to the man she could swear was her kin. Her eyes locked on him, and for a moment she felt the most terrible shock of fear for him. He was unarmed? Why? Kouichi never went anywhere without his swords.

She fell when Mikel jerked his arm away from her, landing rather ungracefully in a heap on the ground. She sat up, her eyes moving between Kouichi and Mikel. But she didn't hear the words either of them spoke. The world seem to drown around her, fade away almost. She couldn't even feel her heart beating anymore. Or the ground under her.

She watched as Mikel stalked closer to Kouichi. Her head tilted, like a child who didn't understand. Was this the breaking point? Was Mikel so furious and upset with her that he would kill Kouichi out of spite? She stared, not really seeing the two of them, but seeing nothing else at the same time. Her eyes were unfocused...watching them.

Her shoulder burned again, the intense feeling cutting through the numbness that she tucked herself away into. This must be the bond beginning to break. This only brought more tears to her eyes...not because of the physical pain, but the emotional pain that began to torture her internally again.

When Mikel left her sight, she pulled his jacket tighter around her, more tears spilling down her face. She could still smell him, she could still remember how it felt to have his lips pressed against her skin, to feel loved, and wanted, and needed. She had effectively destroyed that...and herself for that matter.

She could tell he was gone, even without looking. And after a moment, her eyes refocused on Kouichi and she sobbed out loud, sniffling as the tears traced new paths down her face. She didn't even bother to wipe them away before they fell into little crystallized tear drops on her lap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum