Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Day one I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Day one I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Day one I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Day one I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Day one I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Day one I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Day one I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Day one I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Day one I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Day one I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Day one

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Day one Empty Very Late for an Important Date Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Christine didn't wait to admire the doors to the room, or it's surroundings or even the people who were standing within close proximity. She had followed her trusty map all the way here from her room and she was desperately afraid that she would be late for this class.

She gripped the door handle tight and pushed it open, greeted by a world of white and light and the scent of flowers and tea. It tickled her nose as she gazed at the beautiful room, tables clothed in white with accents of red roses and whicker baskets. Beautiful china-sets seated at each one glinted as the sun shown through the large windows taking up almost an entire wall. She instantly felt out of place in such a glorious room as she gazed down at her clothes and sloppy appearance and wondered silently if there was a dress code for this class.

She was reminded of home as the scents overwhelmed her senses, roses and the bitter-sweet smell of warm tea with just a hint of sugar and cream. Mmm cream. Christine visibly shook her head bringing herself back to reality as her eyes caught glimpse of the one black item in the room, yet this was no item, it was a woman, a very beautiful woman.

Christine slowly shut the door behind her as quietly as she could as she did not want to disturb this woman or the class, but she walked slowly towards the front of the room where the woman in black was seated. She picked a seat at a table closest to her and looking at the plates, engraved with a symbol of the castle and the little box placed in front of her. She was curious but she was more intrigued by the woman who had the scent of tea coming from her, she reminded her so much of Martha and it gave Christine a sense of home and warmth.

2Day one Empty Re: Day one Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Margo smiled as she placed the teacup along the saucer. Her eyes stalked Christine’s steps as she took her place. Margo quickly placed the cup along the side table as she leaned forward. “Welcome dear, I am Miss. Danae, teacher of Formalities, welcome.” She stood up as she walked slowly towards Christine, her legs crossing as she hidden feet glided along the floor. She stood beside Christine as she placed her own hands along Christine’s. The teacher's guidance puppetted the student as she twisted Christine’s hand gently to turn over the teacup. “This is your placement. Before you are your silver, you work your way outward to inward. With component of the meal you place the silver onto the place to represent you are finished.” Her voice was calm as she than poured a cup of tea for Christine. Margo pulled out the chair beside Christine as her now free hands tighted the sides of her gown as she sat. “Now a lady sits straight, alluring. You look around the table presenting yourself with poise, dignity, and attention. When I do this…what do you feel that I feel?” Margo hunched over as she placed her elbows on the table, her body twisting. She stared blankly at Christine. Margo giggled. “Follow me darling! This is one of your first lessons!” Margo than stuck her tongue out as she crossed her eyes. Margo attempted to remain focused on the lesson as she continued to act foolish. Margo shook her head failing at her own improper attempt.

Margo slowly corrected her behavior as she than picked back up another teacup as she poured a new batch of tea into the cup. She took a new sip as she than looked at the box. “Please open it, it is a valuable tool for the classroom. Within the box was a diary. The metal cover was surrounded by swirls and spirals. The offwhite pages bare for the author to use. A thick metal pen was burried within the tool. “In Formalities, you not only introduce yourself to others, but you find your inner self and expose it. Now, the reason I did not ask you for your name, is that you must be confident enough to sell yourself to me. For you to be the center of my attention. You tell me who you are, why you are here, and what Formalities are?” Margo turned as she waited for Christine. A smile remaining on her face.

3Day one Empty Re: Day one Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Lillian

Lillian
Bronze
Bronze

She absolutely positively could not BELIEVE that Tristan was sending her to a Class of Formalities huffing under her breath as a silver plated brush with very soft bristles. Muted violet eyes looked at the beauty in front of the mirror quietly laying her hand against her cheek. Taking out a paint stick she would complete the finishing touches before she strolled off to the class, she would never understand why she could not be a part of his survival class.... a distraction… she couldn’t and wouldn’t believe that was the reason or excuse he made up.

Cascading waterfalls of hair showered down her shoulders as she stood up her finger gently gripping a leather pouch what it was filled with no one really knew. Smirking she would smooth her hands down the sides of a geisha dress flowing the colors of the sea, decorated in all types of Japanese cultures it was made of that of silk of course she would have nothing but the best. She was learning and had seen the fashion used on her trips with Tristan. The dress itself had double knots all the way to the neck and the bronze pendant as a simple over lay, shoes she wore none but her toes where painted the same aquatic blue to match the dress.

The footsteps could barely be heard against the cold floor of the school as she slowly made her way towards the tea room. Long vibrant strands of violet colored hair to match her eyes lay loosely and flow gently with each walking stride. A shimmering gloss across her lips would be bit upon as she started to near the area, she had been taught formalities by Tristan all throughout her child hood and it amazed her that he wanted her to brush up.

Willow like fingers reached forward ensnaring the handle of the room hearing it click shut only moments before, gently she would open the door carefully stepping into the room. Reflections of china and brass from all over the world filled the room. She had seen something like this when she went to England to study the parliament with Tristan. The memory of ladies sitting together sipping tea and eating scones came to her mind.

A very soft yet tender smile came over her lips as she watched the woman in the girl cross the room her eyes set on the woman of beauty and power. Clutching her leather pouch she held it tightly in her left hand but moved slowly towards them.

Speaking softly she knew though she would not say anything… “Creoso, mellonamin”

Waving her hand gently in the air she knew the lady already knew was there but there was no hurt to drawing just a small bit of attention to herself so that she would not get left out of the class instruction..

“ Excuse me are you Lady Margo?”

4Day one Empty Re: Day one Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Margo looked up slowly from Christine to welcome Lillian. Margo’s arms outstretched to embrace her. “Yes my darling, but you may call me Miss. Danae.” Margo held onto Lillian’s free hand as she motioned for Lillian to sit. “Please join us. Formalities is about discovery, it is an undiscovered chapter to a tale you have read endless times. A story you could recite from memory, yet it is unfamiliar. You are to write this chapter throughout this class. Discover who you are, and why you are here. We all have a destiny, is it to sip tea?” Margo giggled as she cupped her mouth with her fingers playfully. “It is more than just that, it is beyond what we see, we know, it is what we feel. Use these hands and shift through these unknown pages.” Margo than handed Lillian the bag. “A gift….”

After she placed the bag before Lillian she went to sip her tea. Margo had her doubts about her class, she feared it would be rejected yet hopeful for the opposite. Margo cradled the idea of ladies turning into women before her. She was honored by the challenge and was prepared for even the defiant.

Margo felt Lillian’s own annoyance with the class. Lillian carried herself with respect yet her energy carried Lillian with knowledge in the subject.

“A charming gift, for charming young ladies.” Margo raised her cup once more bowing her head with excitement."

5Day one Empty Re: Day one Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:04 am

“Welcome dear, I am Miss. Danae, teacher of Formalities, welcome.”

When Christine heard the woman speak, her ears twitched underneath her cap. Her voice was like velvet and her nose tickled from the scent of the fresh, warm tea that surrounded her. Her eyes focused intently on the woman, now known by Miss Danae, her teacher for this class.

Christine noticed that Miss Danae moved like an angel or a ghost, gliding rather than stepping across the floor, as Christine's eyes trailed up from her feet to her face, entranced by this wonderful model of perfection.

When Christine felt her touch, it sent shivers through her skin and felt like fire. Her ears perked underneath her cap and her fingers threatened to clench around the teacup as she barely managed to hold it gently. She was not use to people touching her, the only other person to touch her was Martha and she had such a gentle way about her. Miss Danae's touch was gentle but it did not mimic that of Christine's beloved Martha.

Christine watched as Miss Danae poured her tea. It had been years since anyone had poured her tea. She was reminded of a memory sitting in the kitchen at home, feet dangling off of the chair as Martha bustled about the kitchen to gather together afternoon tea. Christine sat and watched the opaque, brown liquid pour steaming from the kettle into her little cup and she would always look up at Martha with her big brown eyes and beg for extra cream. Martha would laugh---

Christine's was brought back from her memory with the words Miss Danae were speaking but she felt slightly embarrassed now that she had let her mind wander like that. She wanted to speak up, to ask her to repeat herself but she was in a formalities class, would it be rude of her to do so? She had to ponder on this for a moment, but...would that cause her to lose more information from this kind woman? Christine visibly shook her head again, bringing herself back to focus as her teacher sat down in front of her.

“Now a lady sits straight, alluring. You look around the table presenting yourself with poise, dignity, and attention. When I do this…what do you feel that I feel?”

As her teacher began to slouch and twist, all Christine could do was stare at her teacher in wonderment. Her laugh filled her ears and made them twitch again under the cap as watching her teacher writhe and twist and make a fool of herself made Christine's own attention to her posture become a bit straighter, have her hands fold in her lap a bit neater and the attention to how her legs were crossed more apparent.

When Miss Danae spoke towards the box sitting in front of her, Christine's curiosity peaked and she was ready to delve into the depths of that tiny box to find out what lay inside. Just as she was inching towards the box, her teachers words hit her ears...."

“In Formalities, you not only introduce yourself to others, but you find your inner self and expose it. Now, the reason I did not ask you for your name, is that you must be confident enough to sell yourself to me. For you to be the center of my attention. You tell me who you are, why you are here, and what Formalities are?”

"Crap!" Christine thought. All this time Miss Danae was speaking and she had not said a word, not even a simple thank you for pouring her tea, which she still had not taken a sip of. She sat dumbfounded in her seat and was now apparent of just how silly and rude she must have looked from her teachers point of view. Christine held her head low for a short moment in revere to silently apologize to her dear Martha, after all the years of her teachings to be polite and kind to strangers, was thwarted in mere moments at the smell of cream and a box of goodies.

Her teachers words had yet to sink in, but slowly Christine lifted her head and gazed her teacher in the eyes, seeing their stark blue penetrate her own brown to the very core, as if searching for her words without them needing to be spoken. "Find my inner self? Expose myself..." she thought. It was to go against everything that Martha had taught her, exposing herself would mean trouble, experiments or freak-shows or worse, death. Christine wasn't confident, she had prided herself on being a wall-flower in public. Being less noticeable worked for her. She didn't want to be the center of anyones attention...and yet she found the words pushing their way past her lips, moving through her like word vomit, pushing past even though she tried to fight it.

"My name is Christine Oxh--"

Just as her voice started to fill the room with her reply, she was cut off by the interruption of a woman with violet hair.

“ Excuse me are you Lady Margo?”

Christine would make note on this day that this woman in front of her looked stunning, or maybe it was just that she was wearing her favorite colors...but either way, Christine's words were halted and her attention, as well as her teachers, was on this young woman, eyes wide and silent and secretly thanking her for saving her from the embarrassment of not wanting to stand out. If this violet haired woman wanted the spotlight, she could carry it.

When Miss Danae was not angered by the interruption, however, it made Christine's respect for her grow even more-so. This woman carried herself with poise and respect and sensibility. These were qualities that Christine did admire so, but she was fearful to find them in herself, fearful to ever be exposed if she were to let herself be this flamboyant or exuberant.

“... it is beyond what we see, we know, it is what we feel. Use these hands and shift through these unknown pages.”

She listened to the words her new found teacher spoke, as she felt a welling of pride within herself. Christine looked down at her own hands, seeing that she still had not clipped her claws, the ends working their way to a sharp point and her attention was drawn back to the bag as she reached inside it to pull out the diary. When she gripped the pen between her fingers, her heart leapt and she could feel the excitement course through her. It was something she had not felt in a long time and she could feel tears pushing at the back of her eyes as she willed them to stay hidden. She placed a palm over the new diary, claiming it as hers and silently vowed that these pages would be filled with her story and her knowledge and her secrets.

6Day one Empty Re: Day one Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Formalities? Humans actually had classes on how to be formal? What barbarians needed such training that they couldn’t accomplish a simple task like that on their own? Kalika curled her lip in a snarl, bad enough she had to do this again. The Unseelie Court had demanded training from the beginning, no royalty was going to be allowed to slouch in their seat or have a swagger to their walk. She figured at least in this room, mistakes wouldn’t have your blood painting marble flooring. Stretching out she rolled her shoulders before she pulled the strings of her glamour.

Hooker façade slowly fading to be replaced by something a touch more proper. Tan skin and charcoal hair were matched with an elegant dress that flowed to the floor. Digits curled in the soft material to lift it from the grace of the ground. Dress was of common court colors, a deep gray with black lace to accent certain features. Corseted top hugged against her chest, much more modest than she would usually prefer. Bones popped as she stretched, settling into the feel of this disguise. She hadn’t even had the chance to check out her living quarters before heading to this class. Time did not allow it and she would not be late to a Formality class.

Monster rumbled beneath the surface, caged beast shook with unnerving worry. The last time she had been in a class was when she was a younger Fae. Unseelie Courts were cruel on the best of days… Trained humans loved to wield bitter iron. Beneath the surface of the glamour she still bore those scars along her back. The way it seared flesh like a hot poker was still painfully vivid in her mind. Rubbing her hands across her arms, she took a few deep breaths before standing a touch straighter. If she had to be here, she might as well show she knew what she was doing for the most part.

Walking through the doors of the room, she took a quick survey of the place. Everything from the flowing cloth to the elegant center pieces before moving to the people. Students and teacher were clearly distinct. The one who carried herself with sophistication and poise had to have been the teacher, no one else commanded such respect in the room. Kalika glanced to the students, one she had seen at registration.

Deep breath. Slow smile. Glamoured eyes showing nothing but innocence and a touch of excitement. The voice that carried so softly through the room was not hers but that of her guise,
“Hello. I do hope I am not late for the class.” Pleasant. Human. She could do this.

Last edited by Kalika Kali Ma on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Day one Empty Re: Day one Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Margo turned as she studied Christine. She felt the uncertainty, the fear, the resentment. Margo stood up as she stretched over the table plucking a rose from its bed. As she sat back down in her chair she leaned towards Christine. “May I milady?” Margo outstretched her slender arm as she placed the rose within Christine’s lap. “If a rose was as timid as you are darling it would never bloom. Yet look at the bleeding rose, the petals curling outward, dancing along the wind just yearning to be touched! We are all roses darling. You are but the same as any. If you expose your fears, your insecurities, others discover that. Margo leaned back as she took another long sip from her tea. “You, my adoring rose must counter your inner fears and present yourself as fearless. You are not a damsel hidden within the highest towers, you are a goddess that is adored.” Margo smiled as she watched as Christine unwrap the gift. Margo than turned as she continued to guide Lillian through the lesson.

As another joined Margo placed her fingertips along the rim of the table as she stood, “Excuse me Miss. Christine, Miss. Lillian.” Margo turned as she walked towards Kalika. Margo pinched her fingers along the sides of her gown as she curtseyed for the student. Her pale eyes looking down towards the floor as they slowly outlined Kalika’s presents. As Margo stood upright she continued to meet Kalika. Margo placed her hands along Kilika’s as she lead her to the table Margo pulled out a chair for Kalika. Margo than poured Kalika a cup of tea as she placed it before the new student. Margo than gave a rose to Lillian and Kalika as Margo smiled to each.`

“Well, well. What precious flowers sit before me. I must say I have delightful surprise for you three. We shall be hosting a formal party in the weeks to come. You shall each be dressed like royal blood, each a princess of the ball! You shall learn to dance in this class, conduct conversation, and present yourself with confidence, strength, and inspiration. You shall create the mood of the evening, the décor, the entertainment. The night is about you three.” Margo placed a glove fingers along her plump lips as she tapped her finger along her flesh silencing herself. “Shhh my blooming roses it is our little secret until time comes to expose your Ever After.” Margo than took the last sip of her tea before she poured herself another cup.

Margo than looked at the three. “So tell me, what brought you to me? I must thank them.” Margo winked playfully at each.

8Day one Empty Introduction Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:55 am

"May I milady?"

She watched her teacher with pure fascination, seeing her fingers pluck the rose from it's place as delicately as one would hold a child. Her blue eyes shown brightly against the deep crimson red of the rose as Christine focused from one and then back to the other until the rose met its resting place in her own lap.

"If a rose were as timid as you are darling it would never bloom...."

Timid, shy, introverted, quiet...yes these were the qualities Christine honed and honored and adored. But she couldn't help but feel that twinge of excitement well up inside her with Miss Danae's words; the same excitement she felt when she would get lost in her imaginings or held pencil to paper and let it flow from her like wind....

"petals curling outward, dancing along the wind...We are all roses..."

She gave a slight smile at their similar thoughts, at the way Miss Danae shown so brightly, it made the sun a little dull and her words inspired Christine. For the first time since Martha's death, Christine felt like she could accomplish something, do more than what she was and she was meant to be part of this world.

If Miss Danae thought it could be done, then so would Christine. Goddess meet the world with bright eyes. Christine then promised to herself she would wait till after class to approach her teacher in private to show her teacher her...fears... The nervousness started to build within her at just the thought of anyone else seeing her extra features. Would she scream...would she run, would she call the authorities...? No fear, right?

Her thoughts were interrupted once again by the world that surrounded her called reality. She really must stop fading in and out like this, it was getting to be a rather daunting task to keep up with what was going on around her...Another person had joined their class, the same woman from the registration office, or...was it? Christine had been so tired then that she could have seen anything so she couldn't be sure.

"We shall be hosting a formal party in the weeks to come...You shall each be dressed like royal blood, each a princess of the ball! You shall learn to dance in this class, conduct conversation, and present yourself with confidence, strength and inspiration. "

"WHAT..." Christine nearly passed out from the news. A ball...in front of people...in front of PEOPLE...Was it hot in here...fear this was fear, this was...what it was...was she breathing hard, was she making a scene. No it was all in her head, the outside world was a calm as a pond and yet inside herself it was like ocean waves crashing into rocks. Breathe, breathe, calm...quiet...cool...you will be able to do this....to learn to be fearless...to be strong...isn't that what she said?

" So tell me, what brought you to me? I must thank them..."

What brought her here? The death of her beloved Martha and no where else to go. The fear of being found out...of hiding and running and being alone. But she wasn't alone...she was here...by some strange, random miracle she was here and safe and warm and.....and...and......

At this revelation a smile came across Christine's face. Whether it be fate, or random or strange in some other way...this place had found her...and she needed it now more than ever. She also needed to answer her teacher this time, the silence, her silence needed to be ended. Stop hiding, you're here now, arn't you? Why are you so scared? There's nothing more to lose. Martha's voice rang through her head from her dream the day before...
"Don't be scared, love."

As if a weight had been lifted from her heart, Christine stood and looked at her teacher, then to her fellow classmates and back again.

"My name is Christine Oxhall and it is a pleasure to meet you all. I'm from Blackpool and I received a letter in the post...to attend this school. I am very honored to be here and will do my best to do well."

She gave a small curtsy and bow to those she presented herself too. Her heart beating out of her chest and mind running and twisting in all different directions...she had taken the chance and put herself out there...Please don't be cross with me, Martha....

9Day one Empty Re: Day one Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:23 am

Lillian

Lillian
Bronze
Bronze

The reflections of the violet spheres twinkled under the soft lights of the room, bowing her heard downward very lightly she would digress with a simple smile. “I so apologize Miss Danae” the touch of the woman’s hand against the skin was a touch she had felt before. The keenness of her eyes told her all that she needed to know peering into the depths of Miss Danae’s eyes. Adjusting her shoulders back as she would walk she at least had to play the part, she spoke in a very polite tone, “It would be my pleasure to join thee.”

Smirking gently at the woman’s giggle she looked to the girl beside her and smiled, blinking a few times as the lashes kissed her cheeks when the teacher gave her a gift? She had done nothing to get such an item so far, was this a trick she wondered. Laying the clutched pouch on the table her fingers lightly trace over the gift before her. “I must earn this gift before I can take it Miss Danae, please give me a task.. so that I feel worthy enough.”

There was a slight ping of tension running through her veins she felt as if Tristan was in the back ground laughing at her, for there were many things she learned from the culture in which she lived. Being with Tristan through her whole life she was trained in the arts to please the mind and the eyes. Violet eyes watched as Margo poured the tea not wasting a drop she had to admit she was impressed by the poise and respect this woman deserved.

Picking up the cup that was pour before her with just her thumb and index finger she would look at Christine and give her a little as she poked her pinky out. She could tell that the girl was very shy and timid, hopefully though she could make some new friends at this school. Placing the cup back on the plate her eyes moved towards the door.

Looking at the new member of the class standing there she the true sight of her eyes followed over her, she knew that she too was not like the rest. Though, her own gifts perhaps were hidden, carefully and slowly she would pull the pouch off of the table and set it down by her feet the last thing she needed was for any of her secrets to come out this early in the game. Slowly reaching at the bronze pendant and carefully tucking it down into the dress out of sight and out of mind she told herself.

Sitting beside Christine she would wait for the new girl to come and sit silently she watched her with violet eyes. Shifting every now and them between her and Christine and then back to Margo, reaching up to take the rose offered she would reply simply “Thank you Miss Danea” Hearing the news of a ball oh she thrilled over the idea in side, that’s what Tristan is going to get for all of this, he will be her escort for the ball. Though it would not be the first ball she has attended but she had high hopes that it would turn out a lot better.

Placing the rose on the table she was surprised to see that it was Christine that decided to answer the questions given to them first. At the end of her introduction she wanted to clap but what she remembered from her classes before, you did not you merely gave verbal praise.

“Good Job Christine!”

Standing up very slowly in the chair she was going to have to be careful on how she presented her information. She did not want the teacher to get offended nor did she want her anything else becomes known but somehow, she felt she was already made.

“I came here from the Black Lotus Academy, I am please to be part of such a prestigious learning environment. Alas, my mentor Tristan that requested I brush up on my lady formalities,because he thinks I have gotten lazy.”

Folding her hands across her waist she would carefully sit down and look back up to the teacher with a smile, and give Christine a playfully nudge.

10Day one Empty Playing Nice Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Kalika bristled, first at the invasive touch of the teacher Margo that forced the glamour around her hands to waver slightly, an added strain on Kalika that she did not care for. The next wave of agitation came with the knowledge of a party… A party meant people; people meant emotions… something Kalika was not looking forward to dealing with. Too many emotions for her was like too much wine for a human, it made her tipsy. It muddled her senses and slowed her reflexes. Glamour was harder for her in a full room as well, the chance of it slipping through her fingers became a greater risk.

Trying to think of some clever way to get out of this dance, or even this class, she was at first too occupied to notice the others beside her. Ignoring the tea she watched the timid girl from registration stand and introduce herself. That wasn’t what had Kalika suddenly intrigued though… On the contrary, she found this class to be rather droll in its simple beginnings. At least in the Unseelie court there was some excitement to be had, the prospect of someone getting something wrong and being punished for it. Here the teacher was kind and obviously forgiving to mistakes, offer advice rather than beatings…

The slow draw of breath for a sigh brought the monster roaring with eagerness. The inner demon sensed shining in the air, that bittersweet tang of a flavor. Subtly she tilted her head and parted her lips, drawing in a deeper breath this time. There it was again. The lingering effects of being around a Seelie… attention shifted to this girl beside her. Eyes focused to see what was beneath the surface, interrupted by the end of the Christine’s speech. This girl beside Kalika wasn’t Seelie, at least from what she could tell and taste. Something was off with this one though… Kalika couldn’t get a clear reading on her surrounding and hold up her glamour. The strain would be enough for her to pass out for the rest of the day.

Slowly she raised her hands in a soft clap to the nervous Christine, though Kalika gave no words of encouragement. It was not her place to help the timid and weak. As the other stood, Lillian she believed, Kalika was trying to pull together what to say. Not much she could tell these people, especially the one that smelled of Seelie. Again, she lightly clapped as the girl finished her short introduction. Now it was Kalika’s turn.

Standing before the others she let a soft smile rest upon glamoured lips, hands delicately folded in front of her. The voice that floated through the room was a joyful one, full of life and ease… nothing at all like the monster beneath the disguise.
“Hello. My name is Kalika Kali Ma. There isn’t much to tell of me except I reside off the isles, once I came to this magnificent school I quickly learned I was to join this formalities class. I must confess that I was apprehensive at first. Now I understand that I am quite lucky to be here and I look forward to learning what you can teach us Miss Danae.”

To finish things off, she bowed her head and slowly drifted back to her chair. Her own speech made her recoil in disgust; there was nothing lucky or exciting about this situation. If it wasn’t for the boy at registration then perhaps Kalika would have gotten more of a say in where she was to placed. For now though… she would play the part of an eager young woman, ready and willing to learn.

11Day one Empty Re: Day one Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Fingers laced as her hands were strung, shackled upon her lap. She sat in silence as each rose and faded. The students each addressing one another. Her face was a porcelain doll. Her expression painted onto her milky face. A smile beaming as her tongue rested within her mouth. With patience she bowed her head thanking each adoring girl. She gave full attention as the voiced echoed within the room, the bells of promise rung, dancing along the stones walls. Each new face, new voices, new words. Poets before her each sited their verse. As the last student spoke she untied her fingers as she sipped her tea.

The bottom of the tea cup was placed along the saucer as she than rejoined the students with her pale eyes. She stood as she spoke in appreciation to the poets. “Well, this brings me great joy to hear such tales of the past, I look forward for us to write a stories of the present which too shall became faded. Formalities do end with an introduction. As the great writers who slay the dragons, save the princess, and create such a memorable happily ever after, they start with formalities, and end with it. Your pasts are spread, well now lets limit the distance. Come with me. I have something to show you.” Margo’s eyes widened with excitement. Her voice called to the students ears, her voice tickling at their earlobes coaxing them to stand.

Margo bent her elbows in front of her body as she pulled up the bottom of her skirt. As she stepped towards the door she stopped to wait. Her chin resting on her shoulder as she continued to smile.
Within her mind pages cluttered, mental notes written in curling formation. She observed each as they stood as they were given their own seconds of fame.

Christine: The Beginning, A stranger to this world and life, a stranger who wishes to be accepted yet is afraid to be seen. The one backstage, behind the curtain allowing others to seek their glory yet unsettled by the thought of her own victory. Margo thought for this one, that Christine will have allow others to see her beauty, to see her qualities. To see a flower awaiting for her admirer’s arms to bask with tender affections.

Kalika: The middle reaching the climax, the intensity quickening in pace. Nails raking, teeth grinding instant moment, She ignored the tea, and Margo took note of the distance in touch. Kalika was hesitant, with beautiful words her intent was poison. She was the tempting rose, not fully ready to be plucked, picky of her admirer and would prick those she felt unworthy. This one is an actress, creating a show and feeling she is the show. Margo wanted Kalika to not hide behind a script, to speak up, to hold the tongue of a snake will only anger the serpent.

Lillian: The End. She has traveled down a road of grace, was breed into society of wit and knowledge, an adoring flower that has been selected and now replanted. A new gardener has changed the soil and covered the roots and stem. Margo wanted the ending to be written by Lillian. Formalities are formal but with a new voice, new words, create a new meaning.

These three were the essential factors in her story. These were the portions Margo needed for the tale to be complete. Margo turned her body to face them as she gasped playfully. Her fingers folded along her mouth as she looked towards the door. Margo than slowly pointed her slender index finger as she counted the girls, her eyes than darted around the room before slowly looking rather irritated at the students. Margo’s plump lips soured into a bitter pucker as she shook her head with cross. “Oh heavens no, this shall never do. A man must hold the door, a man must open the door. Tis a tragedy among Formalities.” Margo sighed as she than returned to face the door. Her head looked upward as she examined the massive frame. “We must than find as gentlemen, ones who wish to hold doors, hold hands, and bask in the glory of formalities. But how does one open a door such as this? To touch the door with these hands?” Margo squinted her eyes as she flipped her hands as she looked at both her palms and backs.

“A savior we must find and seek, our first test my darlings, survive the world outside our doors and find perhaps a male pupil to open the door for our return. In reality I shall not whisper to you, I shall not give the answers of respect, you shall earn it by exchanging the gentle hand and voice, be a lady. Negotiate with others of our desperate situation, I do hope someone shall call and rescue us. The challenge is this my darlings. You each are to find a suitor who will not only open this door for you, but accompany you back to your seat. Hold a conversation and take them one fact of Formalities, I will than ask your savior, what they learned. Control the game my darlings, and I do hope this is the last time I touch this door..” Margo shielded her palm with the edging of her skirt as she pulled the door open. Margo glared at her hands as she than stepped out cautiously. She placed her back along the door as it remained held open for the challengers. “Oh and Lillian, this shall be your test to earn that gift you refused.” Margo giggled as she looked down the hall. “You have two hours to return. Be prompt.” Margo shooed the girls away as she went back to sipping her tea.

As she shut the door behind her she laughed. “Oh what secrets they have, I do love secrets.” Margo poured herself another cup of tea as she sat and waited back in her chair as she looked at the empty tables.

12Day one Empty Re: Day one Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:14 am

Garen

Garen
Bronze
Bronze

Garen was walking around the school lost,he found his room where he placed his sword and his old ripped clothes ,But he couldn't find it anymore,He was looking for a teacher named Tristan Shadwynn as he wanted to join his survival class,He continued walking around aimlessly till he smelled something,it was nice and comforting.He followed the smell till he came to a closed door,he looked on his sides seeing no one there .He took deep breath just before opening the door and walking in,the moment the door opened and he walked in his demonic aura started to fill the room,he looked around seeing the bright lights and the clean tables surrounded by chairs, Also the nice smell.

He took couple of steps in to see four females in the room, He took another look around raising his eyebrow and rubbing the back of his head making sure that he is the only guy in this room,He never met any of those women before,Of course he was new to the school and he barely know anyone of them.

Garen crossed his arms and looked at Margo talking in a loud sharp tone"This isn't the survival class, Is it?"he looked at the other girls seeing a neko,She was a cute one but she seemed to be freaked and afraid of something so he decided not to freak her more by looking at her much,Moving his head to look at the next woman Lillian,he found her charming and pretty, Yet he continued looking at the last woman Kalika She was pretty but he felt something strange aura coming from her.

He sighed shaking his head looking down"This is defiantly not the survival class" He looked at them smiling slightly Pretty women and drinking tea,thats not the class i am looking for" He looked around again as he didnt know who is the teacher so he just gave a slight bow Forgive me for interrupting you".Then he turned around walking towards the door leaving

13Day one Empty Re: Day one Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Her hands chiseled, her marble flesh contorted as her arms lifted in mid air. She was addressing her students, leaving the classroom, allowing the freedom to explore. Her head turned slowly as she smirked seeing one of the Lost Boys in search of his Peter Pan. Margo slowly brought her arms down along her sides as she shook her head. “I am afraid not. This is Formalities. Yet to survive in this class one must be familiar with their surroundings.” Margo sighed as she stepped to the side allowing him to see the students. “Girls I would like you to go on a mini quest, find this poor chap’s Wonderland and help him find that magical treasure that he seeks.”

Margo winked as she smiled at her girls. “Now take it as an adventure and a reason to interrupt a class. Oh I am sure a pass is needed.” Margo walked towards one of the tables removing the teapot. She carefully walked towards Garen. Her legs crossing slowly before her. Her eyes locked onto his face. Margo stretched out her hands as she handed him the teapot. “Now when you see Professor Shadwynn please reassure him that you were having tea with Formalities. Please girls, I will need the pot back.” Margo nodded as she allowed the students to leave. Margo leaned along the doorframe shaking her head.

“Poor boy, humiliated enough with the confusion…” As she spoke to herself she continued to giggle. Her hand cupped her mouth as she silenced herself. She wanted to see how long it would take for her teapot to return, if not than she would have to go get it herself.

14Day one Empty Re: Day one Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Garen

Garen
Bronze
Bronze

“I am afraid not. This is Formalities. Yet to survive in this class one must be familiar with their surroundings.”

He looked towards Margo when she said that giving her a slight nod while looking around. ”Formalities?! That’s good, maybe that’s why I don’t see any guys around here.” He said in a low voice trying not to make them hear that. Looking back at Margo still smiling slightly as he heard her still talking

“Girls I would like you to go on a mini quest, find this poor chap’s Wonderland and help him find that magical treasure that he seeks.”

He arched his brow looking at her then looking at the other three females whom she told about guiding him as their mini quest looking back at Margo shifting his looks between the four of them ”I….I think I can reach the survival class if you just tell me where it is, I don’t need all of them to guide me.” He thought that he will reach that class easily if she gave him some directions as he really didn’t believe that he has the worst sense of direction ever.

“Oh I am sure a pass is needed.”

That’s what she said when she handed him the teapot.He took the teapot looking at it not understanding what to do with it but he nodded looking at the pretty teacher ”Thanks I will take good care of it, don’t worry” He looked at the girls waving his hand and bowing slightly to Margo before starting to head out the room placing the tea pot in his pocket, he even forgot to take the directions from her or wait for any of the girls to show him the way

15Day one Empty Re: Day one Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:44 pm

As Garen spoke Margo nodded intently. Before he was given proper direction he than darted off. Margo tilted her head as she watched him through the doorway. Margo smiled as she watched the teapot vanish within his pocket. She gasped slightly, reaching out to protect her own form of treasure. Those pale pools swallowing his physical state as her eyes stalked him. Her heart was within the pot. As the steam boiled from out of the spout to signify the brew was ready her own attention became fixated on making sure her property was returned.

Margo went to the table picking up a lonely teacup before saluting the pot farewell. “ Adieu ma théière adorer.” Her voice shifted. Her words dancing in a foreign tongue as her mouth tingled. Margo never introduced herself to her class. She never stood in full introduction. She allowed, she yearned for her students to sing, to speak. Margo wiggled her free fingertips “Goodbye my adoring teapot” Margo bowed her head before relifting her head. Her lips coiling along the brim of the cup as she watched Garen’s back.

16Day one Empty Re: Day one Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Walking around the school for a while, Vixen groaned her head pounding. She needed to find silence, a place of solitude. Slipping into a room, with a sign out side that read "Tea Room." Titling her head, she blushed when she spotted the others in there."o..Ohh. Im sorry!" She squeaked in a light voice, which either way got to their ears. Maybe this was not the best place to go for silence." I..I just needed to get away from noise."

Looking around the room she spotted the tea cups. " What kind of tea? Mint is my favorite." She spoke with a smile now. Lifting her head she looked towards the girl. Holding her hand out Vixen blushed some." I am Vixen, I just transferred." She clicked her tongue some looking only to the girl, she knew there was a man in the room, yet the way she was raised you were not to look at a man till they spoke to you.

17Day one Empty Re: Day one Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Margo tilted her head at the damsel. As she mentioned she yearned for silence Margo stepped towards her. Margo placed her hands along Vixen’s shoulders as she brought her to one of the tables. Margo smiled as she poured the tea than handing it to Vixen. “Welcome my dear. You poor thing, this is my classroom, welcome to Formalities.” Margo sat down as she than placed her hands into her lap. “Freshly brewed Miss. Vixen. I am Miss. Danae.”

Margo smiled as she sat upright in the chair. She studied Vixen’s delicate features in her face. Margo than leaned forward as she pulled a few strands of misguided strands and tucked them behind Vixen’s ears. “This is a class of patience and refinement. If you are seeking a calmer tone than perhaps formalities might sooth that dreadful headache, now as for survival class I do believe it might intensify the pain.” Margo giggled. “You shall love Christine, Lillian, and Kilika. They are all stunning beauties that create a fine rendition of this class.” Margo took a long sip of tea as she watched Vixen’s expressions on her face.

18Day one Empty Re: Day one Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Vixen blinked before tilting her head." This is a class?" She looked around seeing the other girls, how elegant they were. Turning back to the woman her eyes widen." Umm....The only thing I really know about being a chick is that you gotta shave everyday." She wiggled her nose before looking towards the door trying to think if she could escape.

Looking back to Margo she laughed lightly." But thank you for the tea." She took the tea softly from the woman's hand. " I thought it would be nice in here. Which I was right. Your room is gorgeous Ms. Margo." She nodded before looking into the tea wondering what she was going to do.

19Day one Empty Re: Day one Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Lillian

Lillian
Bronze
Bronze

There was tension in the air that was for sure the new female in the class carried it within her, the lids of her eyes narrowed in slightly as she heard her speak. Kalika’s reflection continued to dance in the violet splashed orbs, there was something about her indeed. Of course she could tell of what type of court she was from, she did not need to look hard for that. Pressing one hand over the other in her lap she continued to sit there and listen to what Margo had said. Looking over at Christine every once in a while awfully tempted to scratch behind the neko’s ears.

Listening very closely to the instructions for the assignment so Margo wanted them to have an escort huh, she would think quietly to herself. Then her eyes turned towards Kalika once more as she started too settled in with her idea in place. Now, she knew that bringing Tristan for one, was pay but for two she wanted him with her because she could already feel the tension rising. If there was one thing she could be sure of Tristan knew his Formalities, but he would also keep a close eye on Kalika. Clearing her throat gently as Margo continued to give her the tasks at hand.

Dipping her head gently in a very respectful manner of the bow she whispered softly “Yes, Miss Danae…” Lids slowly opened and closed over the violet eyes as she looked towards the door at the young man that just entered, very curious to actually see a male coming into the class room. She quickly stood up hearing Tristan’s name she of course knew exactly how to find him. Moving forward way from the table as Miss Margo suggests she would offer to take him straight to him.

Smoothing her hands over the geisha dress she would carefully pick up the pouch that she had stored at her feet and pass the other girls sitting at the table. She for one was very curious about what exactly Tristan was doing with the students anyway this was the first time didn’t allow her in his class.

“ I can escort him to Trist….Mister Shadwynn. I know exactly where his class can be found.”

Eyes would slowly move towards the teapot and smirk as she held her hand out towards Garen, with a very delicate smile she responded.

“ If you would please sir Garen, just open the door for me I shall carry the tea.”

Reaching over she would attempt to pluck the teapot out of his hands and use the pouch to steady it so that it would remain level. Looking back over her shoulder to the rest of the class she responded gently.

“ I shall be seeing you all very soon. Good Day Miss Danae.”

Stopping just short of the door as it would open and another female came through offering a very light smile she stepped off to the side and out of the way. Once it was clear she waited for Garen to open the door and they would leave together walking down the hall in the direction towards the Survival Class.

(Moves to exit thread unless stopped)

20Day one Empty Re: Day one Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Margo turned to Lillian as she addressed the knowledge of the Survivals whereabouts. Margo had a feeling that Lillian was withholding precious information, perhaps a mental map of the destination. As Lillian went forward Margo stood beside Lillian. Margo’s chin resting at the base of Lillian’s neck. Margo’s nostrils flared as she smelled Lillian’s strands. “Be quick and be sharp. Much like the blades one would use to survive. Do send my regards my adoring Lillian, be safe.” Margo stepped back as she wiggled her fingers playfully towards Garen and Lillian. Margo watched the exchange of the teapot feeling as if her sacred possession was in careful hands. It was a minor distraction, a decoy…

As Lillian left Margo drew her eyes towards Vixen. Margo watched the exchange of the teapot feeling as if her sacred possession was in careful hands. It struck her, the duel started, weapons were drawn, the battle soon ended as her opponent left her with but a portion of a name….Trist. Lillian carried herself as if she was a darker form of Margo’s reflection, basking within the still water, Yet that name caused a disturbance, a ripple within the depths of Margo’s mind. A student who knew much more of a teacher.

Margo mocked the physical interactions with Vixen as her mind was curious, concerned. She wanted to know more of Trist…Mr. Shadwynn. To stalk the humble was a crime, to lurk within the shadows would be foolish, but to allow the student to teach a lesson of perhaps forbidden knowledge, untold secrets. Margo than thought of the purse Lillian kept so close. Margo smiled to Vixen as she shifted her gaze back towards the door. “Come my deer, let us frolic and play. Let us go bask in the glories of this school. With your new eyes reaching, your hands gripping and taking hold! Come let us go and see the depths of your new home.” Margo smiled as she stood up extending a hand to Vixen.

21Day one Empty Re: Day one Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Vixen looked towards the two women, their interaction quite strange." It is not your place Vixen." She turned her head away from them her gaze falling to her cup. Sipping slowly she looked up once or twice to watch the women. She could hear little of their conversation, and yet it was none of her business.

Raising her eyebrow to the woman she nodded some." Yes, Ma'am." She stood slowly, looking towards the door. Lillian was still waiting for the man to open it for her. Why does she not open it her self? Walking towards the door she opened it. She was not on to wait for a man to do something." Here you go." She smiled softly before looking towards Margo and the man.

22Day one Empty Re: Day one Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:24 pm

Margo shook her head slowly as she walked with Vixen. “Oh darling we have much to learn and much to talk.” Margo walked out the open door as she walked down the hall slightly. Her heels clicking along the stone as her feet greeted the space. “You see the purpose of the task is not to look at the simplicity, yet to conquer the deeper meaning. To open a door is simple, yet to have someone do it for you shows power. It shows respect, it shows kindness, it shows that you are willing to express those qualities before someone can express those to you. Formalities my dear is the proper way not the easiest.” Margo giggled as she placed her hands to rest along her lower back. She stood upright as the ceiling of the hallway towered over her short frame.

Margo turned her head as she nodded for Vixen to follow her. “Sir. Garen and Lady Lillian have a quest to complete, until than their departure shall be greatly missed, unless we two part. So let us go! I have something splendid to show you.” Margo winked playfully at Vixen before she looked down the empty hall.

23Day one Empty Re: Day one Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 pm

(Sorry it took me so long. I have been brain dead.)

Vixen looked towards the women her blue eyes searching for something,anything. Just nodding she looked towards the female that was standing near the boy. She shrugged her shoulders before walking out after the female. She was very proper. She bit back a comment before looking to the ground, it was better to keep things to your self then make a fool.
" Ms...What is it that we are doing?" She tilted her head, she felt the woman touch her, her eyes falling down to her hand. The woman in same ways felt motherly, warm, bossy. Yet she seemed to have an evil side to her. Licking her lips Vixen just let the woman lead her to where ever she wanted.

24Day one Empty Re: Day one Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:35 pm

As Margo continued to walk she nodded her head as her eyes looked ahead. “Please call me Miss. Danae darling. Keep your chin up and glide. Like this, if you stomp your foot others can hear you, they assume you are angry. When you walk on your toes they assume you want to be unheard, unseen, hidden.” Margo pinched the sides of her skirt as she pulled it up exposing her feet. Her black heels clicked as she stomped with force. Margo spun in a small circle as she lifted up onto her tip toes. She took a few small steps before settling back down onto her heels.

“If you wish to be known, you glide with grace, and care. You start with your heel and roll forward placing your toes down. By doing this you create a more cushioned connection between yourself and the ground. The tapping can be heard but not overbearing.” Margo smiled with excitement before she continued on the walk down the hall. “Now I want to show you something very dear to my heart, an adorable place within the Greenhouse.” Margo moved her hands to rest behind her as she turned to look at Vixen. “Do you dance my dear?”

25Day one Empty Re: Day one Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:33 am

" Good Job Christine!"

She glanced over at the woman she now knew as Miss Lillian. She was cheering her on, even though she had no clue of who she was. Well...that was until she just introduced herself. Christine watched slowly as the girl stood and introduced herself. She clapped slowly and felt slightly guilty for not cheering her on, just as she had done for Christine, but it was a slow and steady process.

-Nudge-

Christine blinked. She did not like to be touched by other people that were not Martha...she visibly flinched but did not want to make it too big of a deal, as she regarded the gesture as one of comfort and familiarity.

Martha did touch Christine, gave her hugs, and small pecks on the cheek, an affectionate head rub every now and then, but even Christine felt a personal boundary crossed when Martha would touch her tail or rub her ears...Martha had explained the mating...habits... once to her and Christine associated her ears and tails with the "naughty" places that people would consider to be left covered up, untouched and very private. It did not give her any source of pleasure to stroke her tail herself or rub her ears, yet they were her intimate items, all her own....

She let out a deep sigh and exhaled herself back into reality, catching the end of Kalika's introduction. She clapped and feigned a smile. Her trips in and out of her mind had to stop happening more frequently. She knew nothing about this stranger thanks to the trips she was taking. Now she would appear rude and disinterested and would need to repair this later. Her mind wandered, it was her Achilles heel. She enjoyed being inside her mind now more than where she was, despite her new teacher and the new friend she had made...if she could consider Miss Lillian a friend at such an early juncture.

Christine's heart still ached, and the memories and thoughts and daydreams about being at home with Martha, her special tarts she made for Sunday afternoon tea and the balls of yarn Christine would steal, play with and then hide in her room and make Martha furious, but smile her loving smile made it so much harder to concentrate. She wanted to be in that world, the world she created, the one where things were still the same and where her heart was still whole. She reached up and touched the pendant around her neck. This managed to break her concentration on her alternate reality, but by the time she was looking around the only other person in the room was Kalika, who seemed lost in herself and disinterested in Christine's presence. She could hear Miss Danae's voice in the hallway, speaking to someone, as it got further and further away.

Was class dismissed, was she free to go? Was there a homework assignment? Sigh. You idiot. You daydreamed yourself into a rut on the first day of class. Good going. She stood silently from the table, running her hand along the diary that she had received as well as the bloomed rose. She held them both close to her chest as she moved over to Kalika. Be strong.

"I'm very sorry if I seemed disinterested in your Introduction during class time. I seem to be slightly distracted today..." her voice is calm, smooth, collected and sweet. "...but I would very much like to get to know you better if you would as well. " She smiled a soft smile and gave her a quick bow then turned to leave the room, stopping just before she exited. "I hope to see you in class again soon." As soon as the words left her mouth she felt they were idiotic and phrased wrong and seemed inappropriate...but she left...thinking she would do more harm than good if she stayed any longer.

[Exit unless otherwise informed.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum