Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED//

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Vincent Tanibaze

Vincent Tanibaze
No Rank
No Rank

[Note: This class sets on the month of December as it is a joyous ocassion.]

The first day of music was a rather refreshing experience to say at least. Though it was rather surprising to think that the class went off without a hitch. Still haven’t got his chance to explore the grounds, but it is alright. When he has time, he can go out and simply explore the grounds himself to get himself acquainted or so. Those almond orbs starts to close sucking the air in with the use of his lungs only to exhale out a light sigh. A hand rise up to his oval rimmed glasses as a single digit push his glasses closer to his face. The almond orbs slowly opens to see the row of musical instruments before him. “Tis good to see all those instruments in good shape.” His British accent flows through his lips as Vincent continues to gaze at those instruments before him.

As usual, almond eyes check to see if any instruments have any blemishes or are in perfect order. Carefully looking at every detail of each instrument before looking on to the next one. From the old-fashioned guitar to the ever loving saxophone, these instruments are unique in every way and are cherished by famous musicians. A hand rise up to place against on top of his head of hair only to scratch it rather light and briskly. Other hand dangle to the side, looking…just looking and making an inspection. He already made on this class day works.

First, he‘ll tell them the brief history of how music came to be from the prehistoric age to the modern age.. Next, comes the project that he mentioned to the classmates the last time they were here, possibly give them a little assignment on the basics of the music. Finally, if there any time left, he’ll probably play a little melody for them. Those almond eyes are slowly closed only to expel a sigh that escapes from his lips. It seems that he has finished his daily inspection as Vincent moves right on over to the grand piano that sits right on the back of the classroom. The violin case is resting against the teacher’s deck. The classroom is still as it used to me since the first day.

Chairs are pushed close to the table and such and the chalkboard with chalk on the stand waiting to be written. His clothing is the same as any other day. Always dress with grace and elegance as father would say. A hand would glide across the sheen of it as his mind wanders back to the days where his father will sits down in his seat, while Vincent would sit right beside him on the stand. Watching the way he plays the keyboard would bring the smile to anyone’s face. It was a rather calm, soothing to be expected. He can simply be lost into this for hours on end. His hand would stop as a quick head shake returns him from daydreaming.

Maybe he should just play for a little while or until the students arrive. Vincent sits himself down on the stand as his hands would lift to reveal the black and white keyboard in front of him. His hands clasps together only to crackle a knuckle or two. Once it was done, his hands moves to the black and white key and takes a deep breath only to let the digits starts to press against the keys to start playing. It was rather rusty at first, but starts to produce a calming melody. It was almost the same melody as his fathers. Though one day, he’ll soon match his father for note to note and rhythm to rhythm. The music can be heard throughout the classroom, but outside the classroom it was just a faint sound that’s coming from this classroom. Once Vincent gets started playing, there’s no stopping until someone calls his name or just a tap of his shoulder.

Song that Vincent is playing: Sleepless Beauty

Last edited by Vincent Tanibaze on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

Spinning the flute in hand. Kouichi once more seemed to be opportune in his arrival. At the door, he removed his Geta sandals and walked barefoot. His foot falls became gentle and slow. So not to disturb the instructor. Finding and occupying a seat, he simply sat. His gaze lifted to the ceiling, and relaxation took over. His face painted with a smile. Flute finding a spot on the table before him, he could only get lost. This instructor was good for his subject. A grand performer of instruments, and wise on the subject at hand. Once settled in his seat, he once more placed his sandals back on. The soft clack of the wood landing as his feet were set back down, was merely drowned out by the music played. This brought an idea most would have found rude to the Asian.

Grasping the flute in his right hand once more, he stood and with no more noise than a cricket, moved towards the man playing. His body hunched slightly, and knees bent. Like a beast ready to pounce. His large smile was more a image of smoke and mirrors. Hiding all fact and showing only fantasy. The piano playing man came closer, and Kouichi's stance dropped lower. Like a game of cat and mouse. With such a sudden start, the game also finished. The flute thrust along the collar of his instructor's shirt, not as a threat, but more a simple joke. "Vincent-sensei.... Your lucky I enjoy your musical grace. Or my joke could have easily been cruel." His voice held a chuckle, but he did not release the flute. Instead merely withdrew it and stood close to enjoy the music. His eye lids parted, and a small smirk crossed his lips. It was no show of ill-will. Simply a joke to break the ice, so to speak. Not to show flaw, but to cause an opening for jokes.

"What is the name of such a piece? Or does it yet to be named by the great Vincent-sensei?" He joked, trying to lighten any hard feelings he had caused. His electric hues locked on the piano like some sort of odd device. He had seen them, heard them, but never played one. It looked rather difficult, like some magic was required. This didn't mean there was indeed magic, but it was a quite enjoyable logic behind the instrument. His head then turned and aimed around at the empty room. A rather confused expression covering his face. Unsure how to continue interacting when the man was so silent.

Vivian clutched her music textbook to her chest as she hurried down the hallway to her first day of class wearing a canary yellow dress with lace sleeves and collar. It was perfectly reflecting her emotions for her first day. She was flushed with excitement albeit a little nervous. She had always excelled in piano and singing but she was curious if she would be introduced to more exotic instruments. She longed to learn the mandolin.

As she rounded the corner, she saw a young man step into the room, leaving his shoes by the door. She stopped just short of the doorway, looking down at her
Knee high laced boots. Drat. Peaking around the corner she was relieved to see a man with almond eyes and round spectacles wearing shoes. He was playing Sleeping Beauty's Waltz in a way that showcased both his strength as a musician but also the complex melody of Tchaikovsky. He must be the teacher. The younger looking Asian man seemed to be trying to distract the professor with a flute, but she could see no malicious intent. She hoped he wouldnt assume the role of class clown and decide to single her out as his victim for the semester. Feeling a little guilty for making assumptions, Vivian took a quick peek at her things, hoping she didn't forget anything, before entering the room and finding her desk.

Lillian

Lillian
Bronze
Bronze

She was anything but modern the violet haired female beat to her own little drum, and perhaps that is why she always found it easy to show compassion towards others. Braided locks of violet hair with small tiny white flowers fell down to the small of her back, tossing back and forth every so lightly as she walked down the hall. She was supposed to meet the professor after class, but she had got caught up trying to save a girl’s life, and did not manage to make it to the place in which she had told him about. Her high hope was that he would not hold it against her, and she would tell him what happened after class and hopefully get him to join her for a spot of tea in the gardens later and show him what she meant by music.

A softened hue of pink faded over her cheeks as she was in a very simple and yet fashionable skirt, it was a tri-fold black lace skirt that went just below her calves. A black lace top was worn covering just the top of the skirt, and coming down to her elbows, it had a V neck and her Triskelion set nicely against her neckline. Her saddle bag hung off her right shoulder as she would carefully place her fingers around the door and push it open. Slipping into class she would look over towards the beautiful interlude of music being preformed.

Smiling brightly seeing Kouichi she would give a very light wave and slowly make it towards one of the desks towards the front to sit in. Once seated she takes the bag off and sets it by the chair a small clanking sound could be heard. She wound look towards the other woman in the class, she had not seen her before, she would wave towards her and gesture towards the desk as if in suggesting she sit there. Bowing her head lightly in respect towards the professor she spoke softly.

“ Good Morning Professor, that was a very lovely piece you were playing it reminded me of the ocean’s waves.”

5Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// Empty Random act of kindness Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 pm

As Vivian shuffled between rows of desks hunting for the right seat, she noticed the exotic woman glide thought eh door. Her hair rippled like waves of lavender as she walked towards the first row of desk, setting herself gracefully into the chair. She admired the cut of her skirt and the way it flattered her seemingly flawless figure. It was elegant but stylish of the times, which was something Vivian had yet to master. Of course she was breathtakingly beautiful. Why WOULDN'T she be. Vivian began to wonder if she had mistaken Caislin for a school when it was really a super human breeding ground for the powerful and unnaturally gorgeous. She sighed a little, as she put the envy out of her mind.

To her astonishment the woman seemed to be looking at her and waving. Vivian did a quick little glance behind her to ensure that she was indeed the only person the woman could be indicating towards. The bright eyes were kind as a small smile lit her face as she was beckoned Vivian to sit beside her. While still bewildered by this act of kindness, Vivian did not need to be given the invitation twice. Hurrying over, she gave a grateful smile back to the ethieral beauty as she settled into a desk beside he.

"Thanks" She whispered after the woman had complemented the man in glasses. She he was the teacher, she had assumed correctly. "I'm still quiet new, so i didn't expect to mingle with my peers just yet" She speak with deepest appreciation and warmth, hoping to convey her gratitude. "My name is Vivian, by the way!" She settled down in her chair as she waited expectantly for the woman's name. Whoever she was, she was a kind person, something Vivian did not expect to find in the first ten seconds of class.

Shuffle shuffle shuffle, pant pant. Little sounds echoed through the hallways as the form scurried against time to race from one class to another. Thankfully she had been taken out of Math Class, something she could truly without. The form clad in the drags of another day, devised leather and velvet hugged against the curves wrapping delicately along the form. Even her arms held a strip of leather around each wrist as if they were a souvenir of the dreary past. The sound of music, how pleasant and beautiful it could be the empty halls filled with the echo of music lost with the moments. The closer the being came to the door holding the music beyond it’s clutches, the more nervous she became at joining the class so late in their lesson.

Hands moved and carefully traced along the hip, adjusting the belt wrapped around her waist. Taking a once over look at her appearance, fingers diving into the long locks that curled around her face primping them and causing them to crunch then bounce back with volume. Carefully designed to mask the caramel skin tone, the creamy hazel toned hues darted to the door once again, this time with the shortness of a soft sigh she pulled the door open and revealed the room traced with musical instruments. Even students lined the room, enjoying the careful tune played by the apparent teacher. With a soft smile pressed against the darkened face, enjoying the last bit of the song before she moved to a desk close by and laid her books upon it.

With that same gentle smile pressed against her face, she moved across the room to look at all of the instruments that lined the walls. So many different instruments that she had never seen before, yet here they were to tease and delight her with every moment she wondered about them. She was being so rude, quickly she turned to face the class and studied her fellow students of this certain class. She had not seen any of them before, yet there was always time to make new friends, so with the gentle smile pierced on her face she stayed quiet for but a moment. Scanning across the room, the teacher seemed like such a quiet and shy fellow yet he was their teacher. Adorable. Then a face she recognized, almost immediately. It dawned on her that she had been so distracted by the class and what it was about that she hadn’t felt that jolt of shocking sensation.

With a slight grin on her face, her hand raised and slowly she waved to Aizawa-San across the room. Him, in this class. How strange, yet she would only grin as the form moved in a distracted lull back to the desk she had left her books on, quickly she pulled into the seat and sat with her chin in her hand staring off into the room, watching the teacher gather the students like bees with honey. She hadn’t known anyone else in here, so she sat quiet until the teacher and other students had made themselves comfortable. She had just slipped into her seat and relaxed just enough to hear the woman say her name, an adorable name she thought, mulling her own in through her head.

Everything seemed to be perfectly in place in this class, the desks so close yet given enough space for the students. The delicious melody of music to taste and teeth on as the mind wandered into the colors of the sound. Arms crossed quickly over the beige colored shirt, she looked more like a gypsy hunter than she did a student. A little too outdoorsie for the inside of this school, with a taste of the woods she sat like an unopened christmas present, waiting for the right moment of ease.

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"So the new girl does have a voice." Kouichi's words left him without the need for him to look at the girls. the flute was still in his grasp. Watching the instructor's fingers dance along the keys like magic. "Oh, Senpei...." Drawing square paper, folded multiple times from his pocket. It was presented in Lillian's direction. "I'm sorry for assuming, but I guess you enjoy nature. So please accept this as a gift of good-will." The flute slid under his arm, and he began to unfold the paper. Revealing an old picture, an imitation of an ancient painting. A mountain trail with a small shrine on the very edge of the trail.

His mind seemed to trail off. Body lowering to his knees beside the piano. Head lowering as though praying, maybe simply concentrating on the music produced by the wonderfully skilled instructor. His eyes did not open, his body didn't move an inch. It was like he was locked in a mental prison of the music. There was no fear, or sorrow in his face, simply bliss.

The sound of the door drew notice, but no disruption. Every student seemed far to focused. The silent voices were bliss in their own. None of his fellows were annoying, but to interrupt the music would be a shame. It felt odd though. There was another addition to their group. Another face to witness, another name to hear. His gaze lifted, though no sign of hues were offered. Mere shock to see who the addition was. Hunni had joined them? With a nod to acknowledge her, he went back to listening. Lifting a single digit to his lips, motioning for her to remain quiet.

Then there were three, Kouichi and the two females. The instructor was far more of a piece of furniture at the current moment. Though alive, one could argue he held actions of a mythical beast. A Tsukumogami of sorts. A shame their instructor was so lost in playing. "Vincent-sensei.... We have new recruits." He joked, trying to pull the man out of his trance. Followed by addressing Lillian. "Were we THAT early?" He joked, trying to be friendly. Setting the flute before his knees, a small smirk crossed his lips.

8Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// Empty Now begins the introductions Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Vincent Tanibaze

Vincent Tanibaze
No Rank
No Rank

As the graceful professor continues to play the melody, he is still unaware of his surroundings. Especially, the students that seems to come inside the classroom rather early. Those almond orbs are still closed as an empty nutshell unaware of the surroundings that’s going on. Until, a reaction occur, those hands came to a stop when the end of the flute is along the collar of his shirt. It was close to end of the melody, but all good thing must come to an end. The once so called trance that he has been in, awaken right back to reality. He wasn‘t rather shaken or stirred by this. No, he simply remain calm and casual as he normally would as lips part to speak, “Aizawa-san. A joke can be either simple or cruel depending on the person telling the joke. Still, it was rather or should I say I was rather…amazed to know that you have a sense of humor. Good to know.” The tone was mellow and meek, with no hint of his shyness. “Right. Now let see.”

He notice that the glasses is slipping to the tip of his nose when he opens his eye, so he pushes the glasses right close to his face. Those almond eyes sees the same faces from last class and new ones. Two new students to be exact and he has received a notice that there will be two new additions to class. The new students are rather exquisite to say at least, but he'll be the judge of that. His hands moves from the black and white keys as he stands up from the stand. Then, almond orbs turns his attention to Kouichi with the flute in hand. “I see that you are intrigued about the grand piano. Do not worry, no magic is involved. Just time and patience to master the instrument. It is just like the flute. It takes time and patience to master. I hope you that you take it to heart Aizawa-san.” His gaze veers away from him only to see the rest of the students.

A light nice smile of a professor is shown, “One day, you probably play a melody for that special someone. As for the question for the melody that I’ve played. It was not made by me, but perhaps it was someone who I admire long ago. It is more like a story to tell another day unfortunately.” Those almond eyes goes over to the Lillian and one of the new students beside Lillian. He hasn’t seen her before, but in all retrospect it is good to have some new addition to class. Vincent moves from the grand piano and goes over to the desk. Those almond eyes would gaze over to the two for a brief moment before he speaks, “Good morning to you as well Lillian.. You looking rather well.“ A smile seems to show on his feature, a nice kind smile showing on his lips. His gaze goes over to one of the female students, “Good Morning to you. You must be a new student that was sent here to class. Well, I hope that you are making good friends inside and outside of class.” That nice smile is still there before his gaze goes over to the other student that, too, is sitting. Now is about three female and one male inside this classroom, but it is a lively bunch. “Good morning. Are you the new addition or as Aizawa-san put it, new recruits? Well, either way. Good morning to you all well and it is a nice to meet you as well.”

His tone became a bit cheerful, maybe because of the new recruits. Vincent would move right on back in front of the teacher’s desk and look at the clock. It is 10:26 in the morning, pretty early for class. He’d soon wait for all the students are in their seats, so he can speak to them with his British accent, “Good morning to you all. I realize that we are actually early for once. So, let’s wait for a couple of minutes to get yourselves situated before class starts.” A nods is made while he waits for the students to sit down and…situated.

“I see that we some faces. Some that we have met last time and some that we haven’t seen. Still, it is wonderful to see new faces. Now for introductions. As you have noticed, I’m you music professor at Caislin Hallows. My name is Vincent Tanibaze, but call me Vince or Vincent if you suffice. Even though I’m your professor here Today, I thought that we can travel back in time to how music got introduced. Meaning, I want to talk about the prehistoric era where drums are just bones beating on the rock to make sound, but first. The melody that I was playing…its called Sleepless Beauty. it’s a song that’s written to someone famous long ago. Actually, it is more like a story that my father told me long ago. Unfortunately, I’ll tell you about it some other time, but it is really a good story. Quite. Let’s start with introductions. So, we can know one another while we are here.. That and the last time that we were here. I‘ve forgotten to ask so forgive me.

His almond orbs gaze at the new students as his gaze before going over to the one that female student that seems to be dress a little more outdoors. Then, he would turn his attention to Aizawa-san, “Seem that you are eager. Let’s start with you. All I need is a name and the reason why you are here in class. Once you have finished, simply point to the next person. That person will also tell his or her name and the reason. And so on and so forth until the last one is done.. Once introductions are done, we’ll start our lesson on the history of music.”

Lillian

Lillian
Bronze
Bronze

The never ceasing smile evaded her lips as the woman seemed to catch her attention and she was happy to see her to start making her way over. Her attention though would move back in the direction of both professor and Kouichi as he addressed her pressing her hands against the slight chill of her desk she would stand back up in her charcoal black attire. She had been thinking about making a fashion club but so far she had not done a very good job at making new girl friends. She had her reasons but she would attempt to branch out this time, and hopefully not have a repeat of Black Lotus.

With every step taking the tri-fold skirt would flare outwards showing a little bit of her legs but not enough to be some type of eye candy over. She had taste expensive taste, but taste all the same out of habit she would reach up and touch the bronze Triskeloin against her neck before reaching them both. Turning her eyes downwards towards the piece of paper that was presented to her with a smile she looked at Kouichi with a softened smile.

“What’s this?”

Stepping inwards she would look over his shoulder at the painting she was showing her, she was very close to him but just barely brushing up against his frame. Reaching over his shoulder she would point at the picture and look at it in amazement she loved the world of old and this seemed to have that type of feel towards it.

“That is beautiful Kouichi! Where did you acquire such a piece?”

Lifting her eyes for a moment from the painting she would look at the professor once he started talking, as he addressed the new students in the class. Turning just slightly over to the direction of another new female entering the class her head would tilt to the side a bit. A very interesting mix of people she would think to herself, as her attention moved back over to professor. Smiling, she watched him almost as if she knew something he didn’t but she said nothing and slowly started to make her way back over to her seat. Giggling softly at what Kouichi said and then hearing the response of the professor, she tossed the braids of hair against her back lightly.

Passing Vivian she would take her seat once more and rest her elbow against the desk placing her chin in her palm and smiled to her.

“My name is Lillian Dashelle, though most people that know me call me just Lilly.” She would wink playfully at her with a grin “I think that most of us are new here, at least all of us were in my formalities class! “

Suddenly she would sort of fall silent looking back up to the professor afraid that she was speaking when she wasn’t supposed to.

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

Not a twitch, not a jolt. He merely chuckled. "My name is Aizawa Kouichi, but please do not get confused. Aizawa is my family name. Please feel free to call me Kouichi." His lidded eyes scanned the classmates, before he nodded. "I'm here not for the love of music, but because music has always been part of me. From the plays I have been part of, to the tales of history learned only in music." Still kneeling beside the instructor. Kouichi's right hand lifted and his index finger aimed towards Hunni, the last to enter. "Oh, Lil-san... That shrine sits on the edge of the forest in my homeland. Shrines like that, and many more are scattered across the land there."

His head lowered, so to keep quiet after that. Awaiting to hear from all his colorful classmates. The only sound that came from the small framed male, was breathing. Soft and almost inaudible. His lightning locks were laid back, as though he had gotten 'dressed up' for the class. Still a smile rested on his lips. As though he was in bliss being near the music, near the instruments. He wanted to hear the music of everyone's lands. Tales only able to be told in the musical notes. Stories were the best, from myths to truth. A fairy tale, with light tunes. A recount of war, with hard beats. He sat in silence. Awaiting any response, any other person who would speak. He did have more thoughts to voice, but they were for other times, and better places. This moment was for introductions. Though, Lillian and he had been students from day one. Introductions always were pleasant.

With a smile she would try to listen to Vincent Tanibaze, the way he spoke of certain things pulled her interest in towards him. Yet, so did the old un-used violin that sat in the corner of the room. There was a moment where she could hear nothing but the sound of laughter coming from a few seats to her right. Eyes rolled and focused on the two that were chitter chattering back and forth. This was nice, yes, but must they while her curiosity perked at the mention of history of music and forced her to lean forwards against her desk to listen to every word that fell from the thinly man that stood before his own violin case. Then the sound of another spoken above the others once a slight hush hush came down around the room. Once she would recognize immediately and the force of it moving her eyes onto Ai-Za-wa, even in her mind she had to split it up into syllables for her amusement.

Then the sudden point in her direction made her body shake against the desk itself, eyes grew large as she composed herself. As if a cue for her to introduce herself as well, she took a moment to compose her thoughts of how she would do this. Yet the pull of the old violin that sat in the corner forced her body to pull from the seat, hands moving across to smooth the wrinkles out of the adventurer’s outfit of khaki shorts and white shoulder tank top with accessories adorning the garments. Not a moment after the sound of her heavy boots made only a slight sound as Kouichi still spoke as she snaked her way through the desks to the violin, picking it up from it’s place her fingers ran smoothly across it’s wooden worn surface.

As he finished speaking, she laid the violin gently across her propped forearm and bicep her head turning up to look at the others with a slight curiosity to their customs yet she held that thought for only a moment before it fleeted away. A gentle abrupt voice broke the silence, ’’Excuse my manners, I am Terrence Genova. Some here have come to call me Hunni.’’ With a gentle smile breaking the solemn face she bowed her head to the group. ’’I am here because the history of music has always been a part of my life, and I enjoy the sounds of something new.’’ With this silence over came once again and she quickly took a seat against the wall as she shot a smile towards Aizawa for just a moment before her eyes fell back to the worn surface of this violin.

12Music Class: Day Two - The History of Music//CLOSED// Empty Onward to the lesson! Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Vincent Tanibaze

Vincent Tanibaze
No Rank
No Rank

Listening to the student’s introduction is like getting to know them by their introduction. That made him interesting to say at least. The first thought was that Lillian introduce herself right before Aizawa-san. Now that was a shocker as the lightest of sighs expels through his thin lips. A hand rises up only to ruffle through his almond strands of hair. At first point she was speaking out of turn, but Vincent just say not a thing. Maybe the professor is just being lenient for now. Still, she did introduce herself which is good on his book. Next, came Aizawa-san’s introduction. He did remember him from the first day and he’s a resounding individual. Waiting and willing to learn about the world of music.

Just as his introduction came to a close, almond hues turns over to a new student holding an antique violin. The lightest of nods is made on her introductions when she spoke. Just as soon as she finished and took her seat, he could wait for a few moments to composure before looking at the another student who’s name he didn’t know. “Well, thank you for your introductions. Well, almost all. Though, I never expect to see that each of you are interested in music. I must say that I’m…impressed.” He spoke with an aspiration of his British accent as he turns to look at each of the students before continuing, but not before looking at the antique violin that Hunni is holding.

“The violin. The bow string musical instrument that goes back to the 9th Century of the Byzantine Empire, but during that time it was called a lira. Then, the instrument first emerged in northern Italy in the early sixteenth century.” He soon realizes that he’s straying off topic, so he’d clear his throat, “Right. now, let’s get started on how it begins shall we?” Vincent would move over to the chalkboard as a hand picks up a piece of chalk and begins to write this:

Prehistoric Music

He puts down the chalk and begins speaking, “There are several assumptions on how it was actually created. Some explained it as how music is defined. If we are to assume that music is a form of intentional emotional manipulation, music as we know it was not possible until the onset of intentionality. Now intentionality--” He writes the word underneath prehistoric music, “means the ability to reflect the past and the future. Meaning, when something is presented to you, you feel oblige to accept or reject it. The love are loved, in hate hated, in desire desired and so on and so forth. Back to the topic at hand, if one would view from a psyche viewpoint. Music evokes strong emotions and changed states of awareness. Though, no one know how difficult it associates with the emphasis of survival. Now,”

Almond hues gaze over to the class, “Do you know what’s the very first instrument during that time? Simple, the human voice. Because it can make a vast array of sounds. Then, throughout the era, the first percussion instrument involved the clapping of hands, stones hitting together, or other things that are useful to create rhythm. After the Prehistoric music, actually I’m gonna skip right to the Baroque Music where we know the composers like Bach. However before we go any further, do any of you have any questions or comments?” Almond hues gaze over to the student before him to see if they have any questions or comments.

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

Listening to the instructor closely, Kouichi stood and began to wander around the room aimlessly. Once more allowed a chance to speak. "So, what you're saying is music back then...." Stepping next to a smaller drum. Grunting with a very rough and aggressive tone, he then began to just sequentially beat the drum once or twice in random patterns. His actions were not drawn out or focused on. "That was music? There has to be more to it. Something was felt, or found to ignite fun. There can't be just grunts and banging." Spinning for a moment, he examined the room. What could he think of? This was a fun one. "What about winds? A hollow stick. Blow through make a noise. Strings were a bit too elaborate but still..." He trailed off and began to think for a moment. His hands once more began to beat the drum in a very steady beat. Simple with little thinking involved. "How fun would you think it was just this beat and me talking? I think we should explore prehistoric music for a bit."

He didn't wanna make trouble, but this small lecture would not due. Hell, anyone can talk. What about exploring all angles and varieties? Looking beyond the box of logic, only to find the cracks to escape it. His joy was visually expressed as he questioned the instructor and the lesson being taught. "What fool would simply accept that? Voice and percussion? That teaches me nothing." His drumming hands began to roll to a faster beat. It was so simple, a child could follow it. Well, that wasn't saying much. Kouichi seemed easily distracted, or often enough foolish like a child. Once more he turned his attention to their instructor before looking around the room. "Sensei, what use was music back then? How did it increase their chance of survival or anything?" A genuine question from the young blond who seemed far too attention deficit for this or any class. Always moving. Growing bored with the drum, he blinked and set it aside. Walking away as though he never noticed it.

As the teacher would finish speaking, only a grin would slip across those tendrils of petals, pulling in a way that it would seem she could burst into laughter at any moment. With a deep breath, shuddering as she exhaled she listened to what was called ‘’Prehistoric Music’’. To her it sounded more like ‘’Prehistoric moaning’’, but she wouldn’t question the teacher she was here to learn, no matter how mundane something seemed. With an open mind she would have to take in this sort of teaching, as strange as it was, grunts and moans were considered music. But when did music cease to be music, and become just sound or noise?

Questions that she would hold for her own sake for just a moment. A smirk on her lips, a smile on her face as she stared into the abyss of blonde hair that consisted of the teacher before the class, then of a recognizable face she would secretly steal a glance of from the corner of her eye. Grinning only slightly at the corner of her lips as she once again pulled her attention to the teacher that spoke of the contents of his course so far. Aizawa… Hmm.. He was quite the spirited lad, as quickly as the teacher stopped speaking, he jumped in and started questioning the teacher with the same logic that she was holding within. Yet as she remembered the teacher asking for their questions or comments she couldn’t help but jump at the chance to start a debate on the sound of music in this mundane prehistoric bit.

’’Ai-Za-Wa-San…’’ The tone of voice taken was smooth yet direct with her questioning of statements to come ahead. ’’It’s not just the beat of a drum, the scaling of rocks, or the pitter patter of rain against the steaming hot rocks..You must also take in that in prehistoric times, humans did not speak with direct words. As they spoke in vocally toned grunts and groans, consisting of a small piece of sound, which at first is noise.’’ She pulled from the corner for a moment, adjusting the clothing that clung to the form, pardoning herself through the desks and to the black board, she picked up a piece of shock and drew a jagged line.

’’Let’s say this is one grunt, it’s loud, obnoxious and very out of tune.’’ As she spoke she drew a series of the same jagged line around it, forming it into a soft wave drawing. ’’This is what it would be with a few others coming in, with different pitches and different tones that would grunt either in sync, or in rhythmic tune to the fore-most grunt.’’ She let out a deep sigh as she placed the chalk back down into the crook of steel and turned to face the teacher, Aizawa and the others that sat in their desks. ''Here it goes from being noise, and dull sound, to music.''

Lillian

Lillian
Bronze
Bronze

The violet eyes danced around the room, and then her head quickly turned to see Vivian leave. Lifting her head up a little she heard the door closed and shrugged her shoulders looking back at the professor a little unsure of why the girl just decided it was time to leave. Maybe, she had scared her off which was not her intention though; there are those out there who did fear her for whatever reason. Brushing the tips of her fingers through her long locks of hair she looked back to professor with that ever endearing smile.

The fluidity of his accent was just like music to her ears, and only made her cheeks flush as she listened to him speak, turning in her chair a bit placing both of her legs out to the right side she would cross them and continue to listen. Taking her pen within her fingers she began to doodle on the paper on the desk she copied what he wrote on the board, but she started to draw flowers in each corner of the paper. She was barely paying attention at this point trying to get the petals perfect.

She in the back of her mind heard the professor’s voice tail off, but it was Kouichi’s that brought it back to her attention. Her pen would lift from the paper and idly start taping against the desk, almost as if she was waiting on someone to comment. Listening to the other girl speak she would smirk, a bit curious to see what she would have to say. Softly very lightly she would hum as she started to once again draw on her paper, and write down what she thought early music sounded like, at least the girl knew about the music of nature.

Looking up every now and then she watched the professor idly, and then smiled gently at Kouichi before she went back to doodling, her mind wasn’t all there to say the least she was thinking about some other things at the moment.

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"So what you're saying, is that we are talking about some sort of ancient choir?" He chuckled, slowly standing as though he had no energy. It was wobbly and slow. "I don't buy it." Upon straightening up, he yawned a bit. "If such is the case, then the groans of death, the moans of pleasure, and the screams of fear all count as music." Taking a second piece of chalk, he began to scribble a single vertical line of kanji. After it was scribbled, he tapped under the line. "This is one of three laws taught by the school of kenjutsu I studied." His eyes closed, and he drew in a deep breath. Eye lids parting, the electric blue of his eyes sparkled slightly. "Take no pleasure in suffering..." With this said, he turned to look at the teacher and Lillian before turning back to Hunni. "If no record holds hints. I'd stand to argue that such sounds can not count as music."

Those electric hues sucked in everything. Aimed directly at Hunni waiting for a reply. There was no sign of standing down on this subject. His lips curling into a wicked smirk. "Each society has ancients... With them, we have records of suffering they endured. Plagued by millions of 'unknowns'. If plague means the same to you as it does to me, that could only be taken as suffering." His entire expression changed. Going from cheery to rather serious. Setting the chalk down, he returned to where he had rested before, and took his place once more. "Each tribe had their own form of communication. I do not deny each tribe may have had some form of music, but this simple explanation is not enough."

Vincent Tanibaze

Vincent Tanibaze
No Rank
No Rank

As much as it may seems, this class is getting greater and greater by the minute. Unfortunately, Vincent took a glance over to Vixen, who unexpectedly left the class on such short notice. Maybe she’ll come back here someday. Almond orbs retreat from her only to listen to Aizawa-san and his argument about music in the primitive world. To think that there are people that wants to know about the history of music. This was all to exciting for one such as him. This professor continues to listen to Aizawa-san about how voice and percussion teaches nothing, and yet it was the music that happen back then. To the actual primitives making each tones and rhythms with the sounds of their voices. That, and basically to demonstrate Charles Darwin‘s Survival of the fittest.

Just as the music professor is about to speak on his turn. It appears that Hunni stood up and spoke. Vincent would clearly listen to what she has to say, while those almond orbs clearly sees her stood up and going up to the chalkboard to provide a representation. Apparently, he was completely shocked that he was about to say the exact same thing that she‘s saying, but with a different approach. After Hunni gives her explanation to Aizawa-san, those almond orb gaze on over to Lillian. Seeing her there brings a smile to this professor‘s face, and yet. She doesn‘t have something to say about this. No retort, or any type of argument to show. Just then, he‘d turn to see that energetic young lad taking a stand and says his piece about his form of communication. Surprisingly, it was rather astonishing to say at least. To think that there have been records of suffering that happened years and years before. Vincent starts to close his almond orbs only to take a deep breath and exhale softly.

A hand rose up just to clear his throat for attention. “Both of your argument about how music came to be is rather astounding to say at least. As much as I want to love to see you two bicker about it. Class must continue. Now, Aizawa-san. You want to know what was music back then and how it increases their chances of survival. As I said before, music evokes strong emotions and changed the states of awareness. Generally, strong emotions are associated with evolution. However there’s no clear link between the two. When it comes to survival, societies with a musical culture may be better able to survive because coordinates their emotions, helps important messages to be communicated within the group (in ritual), motivates them to identify within the group, and for support. Still, music have made an impact into society whenever it comes to culture, survival, or rarely instinct.”

He takes a minute or two to recollect before continuing, “Human has been using car cries and military songs from the prehistoric times in order to raise confidence and to intimidate the opponents during ancient times.” Once again, his throat is cleared, “Anyway, you both did exceptionally well on your arguments, so let‘s us continue on to the Baroque period.” Vincent would pick up the chalk and starts to write the name ‘Baroque period‘ on the chalkboard, “Now, Baroque happened after the Renaissance period. During this period, it expanded in size, range, and complexity of instrumental performance. Plus it also established opera as a musical genre. Well, let’s just say that it became less prehistoric and more modern era.” Under the Baroque period, he wrote a name under there, ’Johann Sebastian Bach’. Once done, he’d put the chalk down and turns around to the class, “Johann Bach is said to be the towering figure of Barqute music. He was better known as a teacher, administrator and performer than composer during this age. Do anyone know why he’s what he’s used to be? Because of his style, his influence, and the way he interpret the meaning of music. Now, do anyone have any question or arguments on this before continuing?”

Lillian

Lillian
Bronze
Bronze

It was only when that Kouichi voice filled the air with a bit of frustration, did her pen stop and she look up. Her head turned towards the girl named Hunni and then back towards Kouichi, the seelie was very tempted to speak up. Yet, it was the tone of the teacher’s voice that made her not speak or say a word. Remaining silent was something she did not do so easily, but her attention would remain on the teacher every now and again her gaze would move back over to Kouichi with a smile on her face.

Tossing the long lavender locks off her shoulders, she looked back at the girl and wondered exactly what her nature was. She did not seem like the others and the in fact she felt almost slightly familiar with her for some unknown reason. Shuffling her feet lightly under her desk she would look up towards the professor with almost this teasing yet, sinister smirk on her lips. The vixen was planning something, but what that something was at this point only she knew.

Smiling gently she would look at the professor with her violet eyes and speak directly towards him ignoring the past events of the arguments.

“Johann Sebastion Bach, from what I remember use to be an organist, but he could also play the violin and harp. If I am not mistaken his mother died at a very young age and he was an orphan for almost a year until his brother took him in under his wing.”

Before she continued she looked up and waited on the professors response, due to her lifestyle Tristan instilled the knowledge of music into her. If there was one thing she did know and understand, was that every life form had and moved to its own beat of music. Even the bug on the ground added to the arrangement.

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

It was like an automatic reaction, standing and walking to Hunni's side. Taking a seat beside her at a desk. "All shaman are hunter's as well?" His voice held a slight chuckle. Joking with how she seemed to find him. His gaze never turned to her, in fact it jumped from Lillian to the instructor. This lavender haired female was a smart one, she knew large amounts of information and how to present it. The instructor was another one who Kouichi held a good opinion of. Like a good instructor, he gave subjects to his students that would ignite some sort of questions or statements.

Listening to Lillian's words with a smirk. A soft breath became a gentle sigh. "Lillian-senpei, your knowledge is impressive." A rare moment, a compliment out of nowhere. With eyes that were hidden behind those curtains of flesh, his gaze still moved along the class again. From each person, as to make one last note.

With a soft sigh, she’d contract her earlier need to argue with the young lad about what sound and noise was, the difference between irritation and music. He’d only drag into the depths of the demons and culture back into the conversation. With a deep breath the girl removed herself from the front of the class, swooping back into her lovely corner desk. Her chin resting on the palm of her hand as she stared into abyss of the teacher’s face. He spoke of Bach and the way the man articulated music back in his days of glory, the only thought that crossed her mind was, in his time of music he wasn’t a very impressionable person until he was on his death bed. The story of music was quite a strange and amusing one.

So she would sit quietly in her chair, adjusting the straps along her boots to figit slightly once more before she finally let her eyes land on Aizawa. Her smile said she wanted to laugh, yet the roll of her eyes said she couldn’t believe he’d say such a silly thing. With a deep breath, she leaned back in her seat fingers softly and inaudible tapping on the surface of the desk before her. Waiting for the teacher to continue his lecture on music and its history.

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"Awe, you're gonna ignore me now?" With a perked brow, he shrugged and laid his head on the desk. Staring ahead with a bored expression. He didn't understand the technicality of music. He knew the beauty and emotion, along with the skills needed to play. Still he listened on, at least this instructor knew his stuff. This Vincent, though he was kind and very elegant looking, had a very strong presence. His job was serious, but he also seemed to have a more relaxed side. A very respectable man in Kouichi's eyes. This Bach seemed like he was a pretty good musician, which held a hold of Kouichi enough to stay awake.

When Lillian spoke, his stare stayed still, yet he caught every word. She was pretty well versed. She also seemed common in his daily life. She knew quite a bit too. His body seemed to relax even more. Trying to think of things he could ask to understand more. His expression becoming very discouraged. It made him want to understand more.

Not a single thought came to mind, and his head turned and laid down. Speaking once more to Hunni, since he had nothing he could contribute to the instructor and Lillian. "Well, whenever you wanna study, just tell me, ok?" He smiled for a brief moment before drifting into a light nap. Still fully aware of what was said.

With just a slight grin on her face she only shook her head a moment before leaning against the palm of her hand and letting out a deep sigh. She did enjoy this class a lot, but going through the classical music stage was just something she wasn’t ready to pay attention to. Now if Opera or Jazz had come up for the first subject she would have jumped on it with as much gusto as she did with arguing with the young Aizawa about sound and noise. His comment only made her smile, then quickly her hands raised up and created a blockade so that the others in the class couldn’t see her make a face at him and stick her tongue out at him.

She leaned towards his seat as he decided to hide his face in his desk and she whispered to him. ’’How could I ignore you dear Ai-za-wa-San.’’ This made a grin smear across her face before quickly removing it and looking back to Mister Vincent and Miss Dashelle that were also in the class. She started to pay attention again as they spoke back and forth about the artist Bach and what it all meant behind reasoning and faults.

With a soft sigh her eyes once again resumed placement upon the blonde haired boy that sat not too far from her own seat. Once again she leaned over towards him, keeping her voice a whisper not to bother the teacher or the student that was having a conversation about music at the moment. ’’You know where my dorm is dear fire-cracker, don’t have to be shy the rest of your life.’’ A simple wink of her eye before she leaned against the table part of her desk crossing her arms and laying her chin against her fore arms.

Vincent Tanibaze

Vincent Tanibaze
No Rank
No Rank

A light, contempt sigh escapes through those lips of his, wondering if the class is becoming boring for them. Maybe I’m being hard or strict to them. Thoughts runs through the mind of the professor. A light shake of his head indicating that it was just something else. Knowing from the famous composers such as Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin with his famous piece. Just as his mind continues to drift, his attention goes to Lillian only to listen about Bach’s childhood. Vincent makes a light nod follow by a response, “That's correct, Lillian. I didn't know you have a knack for musical history.” A hand moves close to his specs only to push them close to his face. “Johann Sebastian Bach was introduced to the art of organ playing. Thus, around 1735, he drafted a genealogy, 'Origin of the musical Bach family'. His father, Johann Ambrosius Bach, taught hi to play violin and the harp. Sadly, his mother died while he was 10 years old, his father died eight months later. So his older brother, as you said correctly, took him under his wing.”

He didn’t know that Lillian has knowledge of the history of music. Those almond orbs looks a both Hunni and Aizawa-san with a light nod on his head. “Now then. Moving on to the next era.” A hand picks up a white chalk from the tray as his hand begins to write the words, 'Classical Period', across the chalkboard in clear handwriting. “That’s right. The classical period that between the 1750-1830. Along with it came some famous composers, or should we say best composers.” Underneath ’Classical Era’ he wrote three names underneath them, 'Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Ludwig van Beethoven'. Just as he is finished, Vincent wrote a note beside Beethoven that ‘he’s sometimes regarded either as a romantic composer or a composer who was part of the transition to the Romantic'.

Once he was done, he puts the chalk down and moves away the board so they can see what they wrote. He gives them a few minutes before speaking with his British accent, “Wolfgang Mozart and Ludwig von Beethoven along with other composers brought the heart to Classic. Classical music is serious or conventional music following long-established principles rather than a folk, jazz, or popular tradition. Classical gives it form to others. It was makes music what it is today. Some people likes them, some people don’t. I, for one, like classical music. Its rather calm and soothing for me. Anyway, Mozart was a young genius in his time. He became acquainted with the works of Johann Sebastian Bach, and George Frideric Handel. He brought his genius to Haydn’s ideas and applied them to the two major genres of the day: opera, and the virtuoso concerto. Thereby, they became acquainted with each other. Bach and Haydn. They bother came to attention and somehow inspired each other.”

Both of his hands rests against the edge of the teacher’s desk, “Mozart learned something from Haydn and Haydn learned something from Mozart. In 1786, he returned to opera and made to famous pieces. Don Giovanni and The Marriage of Figaro. These two are among Mozart’s important works and maintains of the operatic repertoire today.” Vincent, with chalk in hand wrote a dash across from Mozart and wrote 'Don Giovanni and The Marriage of Figaro'. He puts the chalk down and speak with his British accent once more, calm and clear. “Let’s move on to Beethoven. Though, he may be deaf, he made excellent pieces.”

He begins writing down the name ‘Quasi una fantasia’ before putting the chalk down. “Now then.” His gaze goes over to Hunni for a moment before continuing, “You seem to be lax there, Hunni. Well then, let's see can you answer this question about Beethoven.” Vincent moves to the side a couple of inches before point the name ‘Ludwig von Beethoven'. “In 1801, he completed what famous that we listen today? Hint: Its dedicated to his pupil who he’s been in love with.” A simple question, and he did give Hunni a little hint about this sonata.

Lillian

Lillian
Bronze
Bronze

She continued to wait for the professor to make sure that her statement was either correct or wrong.
Locking her ankles against each other in the desk she began to swing her feet gently this was a bit of her nervous technique she didn’t like to be wrong. Yet, her attention moved itself from the professor and back towards Kouichi, raising a brow as she rested her chin on the palm of her hand that rested on her desk.

She was curious to know, and hear what he had to say, and also what Hunni seemed to appear to be saying. Yet, she knew there was something else floating in the air, and she wrinkled her nose up to it.
Watching the behavior of Hunni towards Kouichi she would tilt her head ever so slightly, and look to the professor. Smirking a bit listening to the woman’s words she would shake her head, and look the other way. Muttering softly under her breath “You lay it on far too thick…”

Doing her best to ignore the female, she would begin to look down at her paper once more and listen to the professor go on with the musical legends. Her favorite was Beethoven even as the professor talked about him a small rose color would hue over her cheeks. The man she thought was absolutely amazing, to overcome the odds of the cards that life had dwelt him was just such an admirable trait. While the professor’s accent filled the air giving the story of his live an even more delightful little twist.

Smirking she would peer upwards towards the professor, from her paper she waited to hear what Hunni would say, and if she was incorrect she would take the time to point it out and correct her.

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

Cringing at the somehow passive aggressive answer to ignoring him, his back shuttered. This simply forced his face to hide deep within the cavern formed by his crossed arms. So unsure of how to react, that it showed in his body language. Stiff as stone. Blinking in the darkness of his hiding place.Then the sounds of the male instructor once more filled his ears. Again inflicting an insecure sting in his brain. If he had known it would be more like a history lesson, he would have just brought a pillow.

Even though he could not add in, he figured if he listened carefully enough, something would stick. He couldn't be so bored with it that EVERYTHING just slipped away. Shoulders lifting and falling with every breath. Withdrawing from the situation, using his newly found cave to hide. It dawned rather slowly, he was the only male in the class as a student. Still, his deep breaths did not calm his soul. His trembling heart showed within the body language. It was both offensive, and shy. Silently he repeated bits and pieces of information he heard. Trying to remember it. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven. Though that was where he lost it. Those were the first three, and only three he caught. And therefore repeated over and over again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum