Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Quiet Tea I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quiet Tea

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quiet Tea Empty Quiet Tea Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

He sat in silence in his completely natural form. His right leg crossed over his left, his ankle resting on his knee as he read. Beside him a steaming hot cup of sweet smelling tea waited as patently as the nearly silent fire burning a few feet from him in the hearth. In his hands and taking up seemingly all of his attention was an old leather bound tome. Nearly a foot long, and almost as much wide, it rested on his lap as he pondered the arcane images on its yellowed pages. Slowly and carefully he turned the page letting this one page leave the several inches of text on one side to join the other third of its colleagues as he rubbed his chin in an oddly human gesture.

Few moments later hat same hand moved over and lifted the small cup from the sliver of a plate it rested on. A long sniff of its aroma and he took but a small taste of the liquid contents to his lips to swallow. Then he lowered the cup back to its resting place. Not once however did his gaze divert form the pages of the manuscript he was reading. It had very much of his focus on it.

Save for having a book in hand he was indeed normal for him. The same black and dark red leather surcoat he always wore draped over another stylish silken swordsman’s shirt. Tooled bracers, leather breaches of impeccable quality and soft sided and soled leather boots on his feet that went up to just below his knees before being folded over themselves several inches. Much like everything he wore even his boot uppers were covered in decorative embroidery and tooling work in silver and red to accent the black background of the undecorated portions.

Taking another much smaller diary sized book out he started to trace and draw similar runes and inscriptions on the blank cream colored page before him with a charcoal pencil. As he drew there seemed to be a soft green light coming from his pen on the paper and it left a small short lived trail behind it on the page before him. After tracing and drawing the various glyphs that seemingly interested him he returned the journal into his pocket and turned the page again to repeat the process he must have done a hundred times by now. Slowly turning the page, lifting his cup, taking a small drink. It was almost as if he was caught in a time loop.

http://www.freewebs.com/phydoux/

2Quiet Tea Empty Re: Quiet Tea Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

The halls of Caislin Hallows offered little to no privacy with the big open windows that allowed sunlight to peer through like water through cracks. Wide open hallways bigger than most rooms in everyday homes or businesses, offered little places to hide and sneak around in. So those who were…To say the least, normal, had to find new ways to move from one room to the next without being intrusively loud and obnoxious. MerisaAnne a student for nearly a year now in the school, found her ways through the acts of others. Like Lillian, she had grown fond of not wearing any shoes, instead she wore beaded patterns that tied from her ankle to her middle toe, adding some flare in the area that lacked coverings. From Miss Margo, she had become obsessed with gorgeous dresses and had filled her closet to the brim with different styles she had found on the small island of Ireland.

So here was the young woman, stepping lightly over the marble floor draped in a long dark red dress that streamed in a small line behind the dainty form. She had changed only slightly as the time had gone on, her hair now dawned a new fashion. Short yet still some curls lived even though her hair now only touched to the tops of her cheeks, some would see her and set in resemblance to Shirley Temples childhood haircut. From the elegant dress, to the beaded pattern on her feet, there was only one very strange thing about this young woman. Over her shoulder, held by one gentle finger was a long dark brown trench coat that laid on the end tail of her red dress as the coat was a tad bit longer than her bodies height.

There was a feeling within her that she had to have this coat on her person today, that she would run into the owner and present him with the gift of repair that she had owed him from saving her from the rivers deadly touch. The halls seemed to only go on and on into the oblivion of nothingness, so she took the first main door that she walked past. Pressing open the wooden door, into the library she had met sights with stacks of books and desks for students to sit at. She had seen this part of the school many times before, the one thing that made her memory jog. Was the hidden secret behind the fireplace that reminded her of her time with Garen.

Garen…Someone she had not seen in such a long time, and had began to miss him dearly. But as time moved on, she had learned to find new and strange things to keep her attention strong. With a deep breath her form moved to the stairs and started to bring herself up to the second floor of the library. From here she could see the entrance way to the Hall Of Secrets. Perhaps her reasoning for carrying this coat around would be hiding where things became interesting. So this is when Merisa popped her head into the Halls Of Secrets, from left to right her head turned before she finally slipped into the room and allowed her eyes to adjust to the new light once again.

Then a grin plastered against her face as she took a few steps in towards the main room, a familiar sight, yet strange in its own way. Was he yet another that used glamour to hide their features? Perhaps it was the night they had met that made her see him such different light. But he did look as human as she did that night, and now. Her head tilted with curiosity as she stared in silence at this Elven man, she could pick this out only because of the way his face look, the curve of his ears and the soft delight of his features. She softly cleared her throat, as to not completely surprise Tristan, her head bowed and she stayed in this position for the moment. ’’Hello again.’’ The voice was gentle, yet loud enough to be heard even with the distance between them

http://www.freewebs.com/smokingscharacterprofiles

3Quiet Tea Empty Re: Quiet Tea Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

Eyes darted towards the door even before it had opened, yet returned to his book and drawing casually. Indeed as if he was repeating the same actions over and over in some form of trance or spell, however as she entered the room he drew a small smile. It was not his Mistress, yet another bare footed darling in the library. Feet as soft as petals fell to the floor as the crept up closer and closer, he didn’t mind. It had been a while since he had seen her, and was glad to know she was still doing well after their first meeting. His minds eye flickered to that first encounter. The warm steamy air seemed to surround him again . As with the cool chill form pulling her form the very brink in so many ways.

““Quel re Melamin” He replied in his Elvish. His words cooed and soft as her foot falls, but perfectly audible at the same time. The flowed slowly and perfectly like honey, and traced along her hearing like a rose traced over a lovers lips. So provocative, so soft. So warm. “Hama sinome” he spoke again as he closed the book carefully and looked up at her beholden like a warm breeze, and as fair as a spring Lilly. It was only after he gestured to the chair beside him that she would likely know any of what he had said to her. And if he saw the look of confusion in her friendly eyes he wold start speaking in English for her.

“Forgive me, your grace reminded me of another Merisa Labelle, Please join me” he smiled again and set the book down nearby on a table that did not appear to enjoy its heavy load, odd that he managed to handle it one handed so easily, but then again as she knew he was more than he appeared. “For a maid dressed as fine and upstanding as you, you seem to carry a heavy load. Might as ask what you have slung over yous shoulder so needlessly dear-heart?” Tristan already felt the familiar magic of his coat, and the love and care she poured into it fixing the tears that worte deeply into it when he saved her from fates cruelty. But that didn’t mean he didn’t want to hear her say it.

Even before she spoke however his right hand dipped out of view towards the ground like he was lifting something form behind the leg of the old chair he rested in. and before it became visible the soft odor of chocolate would permeate the room as a similar to his cup was lifted up on a silver seeming platter. “And would you join me for drink?” the same fragrance of hot chocolate as he made for her by the rivers very edge when they first met. He was after all a Fae and they had their own strangeness to them as she no doubt learned form his darker counterpart that roamed in the guise of a student.

4Quiet Tea Empty Re: Quiet Tea Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

A sudden blank stare came over her face, as the words that Tristan had spoken were of something she couldn’t pin point, but for lack of better understanding she could only guess that it was something of his origin that she wouldn’t be able to comprehend right off the bat. With that soft smile crossing her lips once again, her body bowed at the hip and then took a few more steps into the room towards him and his large heavy book. ’’Sorry to disturb you Tristan, and it’s quite alright M’lord, I should really learn to knock before I intrude on someone…’’

She’d only smile before she pulled his long coat from behind her shoulder, folding it over her forearm and adjusting it so it wouldn’t crinkle too much while resting on her arm. She took a few more steps forward and than took a seat at a chair just off to the side of Tristan. His comment on how a maid is dressed only made her lips part in a smile, letting out a gentle laugh before a shake of her head occurred. ’’Oh Tristan, you’re too kind, I’ve come in search of you to return something I promised I would in almost new condition.’’ Her fingers moved over the fine material of the jacket before she held it over both forearms and held it out towards him.

’’At last I’ve come bearing gifts from the past, and I must say, what a fine coat it is I’ve never been more honored than now to be able to return something beautiful to it’s owner.’’ Her arms held out towards him, ready for him to take the coat when he was ready. Then her head turned to the silver platter that sat just off to the side with a new cup finding it’s place on the silver platter. ’’Such a darling, I would love to join you for a drink, it’s wonderful to see you relaxed and.,..Please don’t take offense, for a better lack of words…In your own flesh..’’ She’d flash him a gentle smile before sitting up in her seat once again, folding the soft woven dress around her legs, tucking it beneath her form gently.

5Quiet Tea Empty Sorry for delay) Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

“There is no disturbance in your presence Miss LaBelle” Tristan smiled to the youth before him that was nearly bubbling it seemed. Miss Margo's class sat well with Marissa, and he felt that even though manners like this did not need complicate affairs between them, that they were honest and very sincere. And he with graceful actions sat her cup and platter down on the table between them so that he could scoop the mended jacket form her soft hands. Truly touching it showed him how much care and emotion see placed in his jacket ad he could only smile happily for the love and joy it brought her to return it to him. Human's were such wonderful creatures because their short lived lives were filled with so much more than the lasting existence of his Fae kin.

Hundreds of years of joys and sorrows and revelations were crammed into the short years of human existence. They did not share the long years that turned wonder into normalcy, joy into routine, pleasures strung together for so long that only bitter defeats could show what was for its true value. Thankfully Tristan was not weighed down by the same complacency of his kin Underhill. In the mortal world there was so much chaos around every corner one could not grow accustomed to it, not even after the several hundred years he had been here trying.

“It is superb Miss LaBelle, even in better condition than before I left the castle that night.” He smiled warmly yo her “Surely I must be indebted to you now for spending such time and emotion on this.” He chuckled. And set the jacket carefully across his lap and looked over it with soft eyes as his fingers traveled over its seems, original and added during the mending. “thank you” he said again . Thou this time it was not because of his jacket at all. He had honestly grown so comfortable in the monotony of his duty that he had never noticed his seeming slip away and leave him so improperly exposed. But then again she had seen him such before.

“I am growing more comfortable in my own skin here then I have been in years. This castle seems to be a bridge between worlds. The fantastical meets the modern very easily in these grounds. I have oft found myself forgetting to hide my nature form the newer students while I am out gathering or lecturing.” He lifted his tea cup gently back up and took a small sip of his camomile with a smile. The mint and jasmine blending in the air happily in a soft dance to ones nose. “Please, tell me of your journey so far through these walls. Humor a story teller by gifting his ears with your views of this place?”

6Quiet Tea Empty Re: Quiet Tea Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

Giving a nod of her head to the creature that sat just beside her in the other chair, she watched as he poured her a cup onto a beautiful platter. Carefully yet quickly thinly pale fingers moved out and wrapped around the cup lifting it and pulling it towards herself. Sniffing the mixture carefully, eyes fluttered slightly before once again watching Tristan take in his jacket that she had finally returned to him. Taking a short tasteful sip of the mixture she let out a soft breath as she watched Tristan, he always seemed to be thinking, always pondering life and its extremities.

He was quite the man, strange yet a familiar strange which was unthreatening and comforting. As he spoke she jumped only slightly before grinning a gentle smile. ’’I’m so glad you approve of the job done, it was quite difficult finding thread that would not diminish the magical aura of your jacket.’’ Her smile didn’t fade as once again she lifted the glass to her nose and took a deep breath in and enjoyed the soothing smell of the mixture. His hot chocolate was something to die to for, so delicious from beginning to end. Perhaps it was his roots that made everything he touched seem that much better.

’’You aren’t indebted to me for anything, if anything it is just a token of my appreciation for everything that you did for me.’’ It was the truth, for everything he did for her, pulling her from the warm waters of death that came all to quickly. She listened carefully as Tristan spoke, of how he was becoming more comfortable in the skin of his own as the time had gone on. It was nice to see something beautiful instead of blood-hungry vampires and creatures of the woods. ’’I’m so happy that you are becoming more comfortable Tristan, it’s good to see your true colors shining through.’’

With a smile on her lips, the smell of mint caught her attention once again as she played with the glass that held between her palms. Shifting slightly in her seat, she gave a little shrug ’’Well… Classes have been pretty good I suppose, even as sparse as they are. So there is little to complain about. Oh! I started my job as the Castle’s maid, so you just holler anytime you need anything cleaned up or any iron casting removed.’’ She gave a wink of her eye playfully before taking another sip of the delicious mixture.

7Quiet Tea Empty Re: Quiet Tea Thu May 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

“That might be because it was created by magic” he answered almost blase about the fact he used magic for even the most mundane tasks, such as inventing a jacket in case the weather was cold, not that he ever seemed to get cold. “It is to late now, but it more likely that the emotion and dedication you used to mend it was as powerful as the magic used to create it dear child” He smiled “ I am willing to wager anything you would have found after taking such care would likely have been absolutely perfect, even if it had been discarded once or twice before for its imperfection. Magic is as much desire, and will as it is wonder.”

He of course smiled the entire time he spoke. “I did nothing that no other knight would have done, a Damsel in distress, in a place such as this, it is equally as likely you willed me to you, as I stumbled upon you. Youth and innocence have a way of preserving themselves on such hallowed grounds as this castle.” He lifted his tea to his lips “The castle itself seems to prevent harm to her students, like a mother loving and protecting her own children. Readying them to enter the cruel world outside her arms, yet even then protecting them when they least expect it.” He wasn’t exactly rambling, there was always a point to his words when he used them, one just had to gather that point from them.

“I am happy class is well, t'would be a shame if such a flower was met with harsh cold, and not warming sun. “He set his cup down “A maid? A title that fits you more so than the humble actions it takes to bear such a title.” he tilted his head to the side for a moment “Thankfully such base physical labor has been preformed by Gunnar ages ago. I would hate to ask such delicate hands to touch such vile material. No I would ask anything of you before that.” It was true, Gunnar had removed all the iron he could from around Tristan’s suite in the female dormitory, in fact the reason he was over there was due to their being less of the vile metal for some unknown reason.

“Perhaps instead I cold use you as an assistant instead of a cleaner? The care you use in mending a simple jacket could show great advancement in potions and alchemy dear Merisa, plus the time spent outdoors hunting and seeking herbs is most gratifying.” Or at least was to him, a creature of the very wild the time was spent in. No he was far more at home leaning on a tree than he ever would be in a library, even one as old as this. Tristan was a creature of nature and was best suited to being surrounded by it.

8Quiet Tea Empty Re: Quiet Tea Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

Every time he spoke her eyes would widen and concentrate on the new look that this beautiful creature had taken, such a dream wrapped in a skin that was not his own. He always spoke of magic and delicious remedies, what a interesting one this was. ’’I do hope you enjoy the work and effort I put into it. I tried to very hard to make sure that nothing was ruined or torn.’’ He spoke of magic as a desire, yet the only desire she ever felt was one of simple touch, of gentle remorse.

Only a gentle sigh escaped through paling lips before letting her head fall and stare back into the mixture of drink that laid in her tea cup, stirring it with gravity for a moment before lifting it back to her lips and taking a drink from it. Licking at her lips for but a moment before setting the tea cup against her lap once again. ’’That seems to be true, no matter the trouble, there is always one calming spirit to come and steal the danger away from the light of heart… Always such a tempting daze to walk in this realm of Hallows…’’

Her head tilted, her fingers raising up and brushing through the newly cut and shortened light blonde hair that seemed to curl still around her face. His compliments covered her face in a soft rouge which seemed to only be masked by the blonde curls that needed more sunlight that fire-light. Her smile seemed to burst from no-where and cause her eyes to light up with that beautiful mis-matched hue of blue and white. Such a strange creature she was, but here is where she fit the best. ’’An assistant? Hmm… Well for you dear Tristan I would help you with anything you could desire. Besides, I’m sure I could do well with more time outside being one with mother and not stuck inside of this stone walled prison we call home…’’

The color on her face started to fade back to the paling white color which she belonged, once more lifting her cup to lips, to retrieve the last drops of the delicious serum that seemed to spill from the heavens above.

9Quiet Tea Empty Re: Quiet Tea Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:42 am

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

“I do not enjoy the effort at all, that doesn’t emphasize it clearly enough young muse. I love it Merisa” he smiled softly and shifted how he sat in his chair, but did not retake up his tea cup “I do not think under your loving attention anything could stay ruined.” He smiled to her sweetly as he usually did and he scooted forward slightly in his chair. His relaxed, yet proper posture declined as he leaned forward into a more anticipatory manner of sitting. He would wait for her to finished the drink but then stand, donning the jacket so much care had been spent in mending he smiled and then reached down to offer her a hand for her to use when standing herself.

“Then come dear child, there is never a time like the present when mortal life is concerned” He was to trying to be rude, but indeed time was not a constraint he might ever know. And he usually did enjoy spontaneity when it crossed his aged mind. “To the gardens and maybe the woods we shall travel. Possible further if you have time between classes enough?” he didn’t know her schedule, nor was he going to impose on which ever teacher might be expecting her next.

The thought crossed his mind to take her out about the city, but he was still intentionally poorly acquainted with it since it had changed... the former student that was bankrolling everything was not the type of character he wanted to indulge his time with, and he had a feeling that they would eventually be drawn towards each other. One standing for progress one standing for older values... much like the school headmistress.

Assuming that Merisa took his hand and rose gracefully from her seat he would wrap a gentlemanly arm around her and start escorting her towards the doorway she entered from and then of course slowly out from the library as they would indeed start a small adventure looking for …. well he didn’t know yet, but he was certain his apothecary supplies were running low on something or other no doubt since Lillian used them as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]