Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Just Like Home I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just Like Home

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Just Like Home Empty Just Like Home Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:12 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

The air. That was the first thing Celestine noticed as the library doors shut behind him. He was still, taking in the air, the silence, and the sheer size. The library was huge for a high school. Two floors of books, tables, chairs, booths, and it went so far back. The air was not tainted (yet) with computers. It had that 'book smell.' The smell was strong. The age of books probably older than he with knowledge and wisdom of all manner of creatures. It was perfect.

After minutes of pure untarnished enjoyment of the very entrance of the library, Celestine put the cage down and opened the door, letting a stiff British Blue Short Hair. Poe took a few steps out of the cage, stretching both front and back paws. Poe looked up to his master in a look that probably said, 'About damn time. Are you going to marry the front door?'

As Poe began to explore his new home, Celestine called after him, "Hey, I just like the front alright? Seesh." Then under his breath, "At least I let you out before I explored the rest." He pushed the cage off to the side, taking his suitcase for the time being. He rolled it to the front desk, moving behind it. "This place is amazing..."

The wheels of the suitcase made little noise against the wood. His steps gave a delayed echo as the sound reflected on the ceiling. Finally letting go of the suitcase, Celestine put both hands on the front desk, facing out to where students would sit reading books, drinking tea, and making idle chit chat. "Welcome to the next chapter, Celestine."

2Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica had wandered around for what felt like ages. The halls were so quiet, and there weren't a lot of signs to tell someone where they were going. But she had managed to find the library. She had promised the new librarian and his kitty that she would visit as soon as she was settled in her room.

She thought back to the small room. She'd unpacked her 3 pairs of jeans and 4 shirts, hung up her dress and left her staff in the corner. She'd even turned down the bed and studied the room briefly. The solitude was a little much for her right now though...she had a whole castle here, and it was begging to be explored.

Quietly she pushed the heavy oak door to the library open and stepped inside. She let it close quietly, and looked around with wide crystal eyes. "Wow...this place is huge." she mumbled softly. She looked over the nearest shelf of books to her, and smiled. Her crystal eyes finally fell away from the shelf of books, and scanned the room.

"Hello?" she called out quietly, barely above whispering. This was a library after all. She was always taught that you should be quiet in a place like this. Her heart was suddenly pounding hard and she had a strange feeling shoot up her spine. One that had her rigid for a moment. She swallowed hard and looked around again. She wasn't alone...she could feel it, but she didn't know where anyone was hiding, or perhaps not hiding, just unseen. She shifted again, and moved forward. She was just a few steps inside the chamber now.

"Hello?" she called again, a little louder this time, hoping Poe would pop out somewhere or even the new staff member.

3Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine thought he heard someone enter. Standing upon a latter, looking through a few plays and written musicals on the seventh shelf, Celestine had easily heard the echo of the initial "Hello" as it bounced through the silence. He turned his head, green eyes catching the sounds direction and without sound, he managed to climb down the firm ladder. He saw Angelique, though he knew it was more a simple nickname, wander in her shy and unsure way.

He didn't mean to not make a sound, but it came naturally after hearing enough of his own footsteps echo through the library. She didn't know he had seen her? Was he that quiet already or was she too focused on everything around her not to notice? Eventually, he stepped out of a series of books and cleared his throat to interrupt the silence.

"Good to see you again, Angelique. Are you looking for something particular or merely becoming acquainted with the grounds?" His accent gave age to the place and his tone a sort of wisdom.

In response to his master's sudden voice, Poe had come from a resting place elsewhere in the library and began to rub against Lillith's leg. "Poe be good," Celestine quickly commented. "You haven't even been introduced properly...and before you say anything, cages don't count."

4Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She almost jumped when he spoke up. She did whip around to look at him with those wide crystal eyes. Her heart was pounding in her chest, so hard she was sure that he could probably see it thru her white shirt.

"I uh.." she seemed lost for words for a moment, her heart still pounding. She took a deep breath to calm herself. "I promised I'd come visit as soon as I got settled in my room." she told him with a soft smile. Her crystal eyes weren't wide anymore, but she did examine him again, only stopping when Poe appeared.

She immediately sank to her knees to pet the cat, smiling sweetly. "Oh, you are a good Poe, aren't you?" she cooed to the cat, grinning now as she scratched under the cats chin. She looked like a child with her favorite toy, the way her eyes lit up when she played with the animal. She just couldn't help herself...he was so damn cute.

It occured to her again that she needed an animal companion. She suddenly felt very stupid for not getting one earlier. She continued to pet Poe though, happy to give her attention to someone, but she did glance back up to the librarian.

"I'm not sure I caught your name..." she told him, still smiling.

5Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:50 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Poe purred loudly, happy to have attention from someone new. He had another person to call his own. Now...if only he could tell them to get him some fish. "Meow!" He purred and nuzzled her hand, looking up expectantly.

"Bloody flirt..." Celestine muttered under his breath though he was anything with upset with that cat/ His eyes roamed to the woman's crystal. He noticed Angelique had managed to calm down a bit; though Celestine had to admit a part of him felt childishly deviant and pleased to have sneaked up on the girl. Figures he hadn't completely left his old ways.

"Oh my apologies, Angelique. Where are my manners? I'm Celestine Johan Ravnos," he bowed at the waist, a hand coming across his chest in a showy gesture though his eyes stayed on her own. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. and I'd be careful with Poe. He'll have you wrapped around his tail in no time."

The librarian stood up straight and knelt next to Lillith on one knee to pet Poe.

6Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She grinned down at Poe when he meowed, her crystal eyes lighting up further. She liked to make people happy. She really liked to make people laugh too, but she'd been so depressed lately that she found herself unable to laugh, or even smile. It struck her that today was the first time she'd smiled since Nana's death. Sadness washed over her for a moment, thinking of Nana. She missed the old woman. She was the closest thing to a Mother or Grandmother she'd ever had.

She was brought back to reality when he started talking again though. "Don't think yourself the worst for it. You probably told me, and I most likely forgot." she blushed softly, the crimson color spreading across her cheeks for just a moment, and then disappearing.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too though...I apparently already told you my name. Angelica." a thin white eyebrow raised when she said her own name. She felt so strange, calling herself by her middle name. But she'd done it for almost 3 years now, so why would it feel strange? She shifted slightly, one small hand reaching back to scratch Poe's hindquarters, right above his tail.

"I don't think you'll have to worry about that. He's already got me pretty tightly bound. Where did you get him?" she ask him curiously, wondering if there was a pet store any where around this place...some place where she could acquire her own animal, so she wouldn't have to bother Celestine all the time, to play with Poe.

7Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:27 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

The librarian chuckled at the young student, "Well I wouldn't worry about not remembering my name. It's rather strange to people outside wells. Besides, yours for me was easy just because I call you, 'Angelique.' I hope you don't mine...it's just a fitting nickname."

The woman next to him seemed more relaxed than the last time he saw her. He only guessed she had been introduced to this whole different world all too recently. He remembered memories of shock and fear when he was introduced to it alongside awe and wonder.

Poe's hind raised up, making further loud purring. He quickly turned around and rubbed against her thigh then proceeded to lick himself clean of loose hair.

Celestine laughed at Poe, "Silly boy." He rubbed Poe's head a little roughly but the cat didn't seem to mine, "Eh?" He had to recall the story a little himself, "Oh yeah. Well I got Poe as a kitten from some demons who liked to play poker...and bet kittens. They were the meat eating kind of demons and I while normally peaceful, this band had been causing mischief around...so... kinda kept him."

8Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She knew she should have protested. Angelique was not her name, and while it was close, it did rub her a little odd that someone she just met would already assign her a nickname. Especially when he knew nothing about her or her abilities. She shifted though, deciding to let it go, and smiled sweetly.

"I find it wonderful that you've given me a nick-name. But it should be our secret. I don't want everyone going around willy-nilly, calling me different names." she laughed softly, like a child, soft and sweet.

She continued to pet Poe, only glancing up to Celestine when he began to speak, her eyes focused on him. She listened quietly, a look of shock coming over her face. They would have eaten poor Poe? She almost gagged. But she quickly drew in a deep breath. Who was she to judge? Wasn't she strange to normal people? Wasn't her white hair and crystal colored eyes deemed as disgusting or grotesque?

She shifted again, having stopped her petting while he told the story of how he'd won Poe in a game. She resumed her petting, moving to sit down Indian style on the floor. Her frown moved to turn upside down, a genuine smile crossing her rosy lips.

"I can't tell you how happy I am that you managed to save such a wonderful little kitty.." she told him. "I am hoping to get a companion of my own, somtime soon." she confessed, another soft blush blooming across her face, as she looked up at him with shy eyes. "An animal companion, that is." she added quickly, hoping that he didn't take her to mean a person. "I tend to get lonely..." she whispered softly, still blushing.

9Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:46 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine didn't quite know how to respond. Angelique had thought he won the cat in the poker game when there were other kittens...and it's only because this group had been causing a ruckus with the normal population had he and his mentor stepped in to deal with them which didn't involve poker.

Sensing some hesitation, Poe walked up to Celestine and drew some attention to himself. "Yeah, well, I guess I happened to be at the right place at the right time," he gave a partial truth, but it was better than lying to her. Besides, she didn't exactly ask for the specifics even if she did come to the wrong conclusion.

Celestine did take her comment as something a little different. He cleared his throat and stood up, making Poe a little sad no longer to be on the end of receiving pets. "Well, you know what they say. When the time comes, you'll find the right partner...pet or otherwise. It's like a bullet train, I've been told." Weird how he heard something similar from other species. Even vampires could love, he found out, and it was just as strong of an emotion with them as with humans.

10Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:46 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She turned her head away from him for a moment, her crystal eyes closed now. She inhaled deeply through her nose, and let out a deep breath. She turned back and stood up herself, smiling now. The blush was gone.

Even though she was listening to him, her eyes scanned the library. The shelves stacked with so many books. Old books. New books. She wondered if there were any spell books...or perhaps any books about an elemental.

Nana had said that she might live a longer life. She could have a shorter life. The old woman hadn't known too much about elementals. Perhaps there was even another name for what she was. A human who had some strange genetic mutation that caused her dull brown hair to become white, literally over night, and her clear green eyes to turn an almost transparent crystal color.

She shifted again, crossing her arms softly over her chest. "A bullet train?" she almost laughed. "I will have to choose carefully...my partner, pet or otherwise, will need to be understanding, and sweet." she grinned now, completely at ease with him.

"Tell me...how much of a chance have you had to explore this wonderful sanctuary of books?" she ask him, still looking around. She felt a shot of adreline rush through her. Could this place hold the answers she was seeking?

11Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:12 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"Choose carefully huh?" He nodded in understanding. To be truthful, she didn't see her as a cat person. Perhaps a puppy. A breed that would grow large like a Golden Retriever or a Black Labrador to compliment her white features. Both were very noble, loyal, and dare he say it aloud, hugable creatures.

He was suddenly caught off guard by her sudden burst of enthusiasm. He hadn't been at the school for too long so he hadn't memorized the places of every genre. "Eh, I've been able to look around now and then, but I haven't memorized locations yet. I remember where demon lore, wicca theology, and I think a compilation of prophecies is located, but I guess it depends what you're looking for, Angelique."

12Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She smiled playfully as she cut her crystal eyes over to him, one thin white eyebrow raised. "Where would I find something about people like me?" she bit at her lip, wondering what he thought her to be. Wondering if the color of her hair and eyes gave her away as to what she was.

She looked back over to the large bookcases, her smile fading slightly. Oh sure, she'd tried dying her hair, even wearing colored contacts to conceal her strange mutation, but the dye never set in her hair, and the contacts gave her eye infections. It really was the strangest thing. In London, she had to convince people that she a Goth kid, she even wore the strange clothes that gothic kids wore. But personally, she much preferred the jeans and T-shirt she was in now. They were comfortable, and simple.

She shifted again, to look back to him, a sweet smile formed on her lips. He was really nice, very sweet, and reassuring. She looked him over again, wondering why he'd need the piece that he wore. The weapon. Did he have powerful enemies or was he one of those people that Nana told her about? Supernatural bounty hunters? Or maybe he was one of the bad guys? Somehow she doubted that. She couldn't see Mr. Ravnos as a bad guy, he was far too....charming. She supposed that might be the right word for it.

But she didn't want to appear to be staring, so she looked away, a faint red blooming over her cheeks. But she focused on the books, and her curiosity of what he thought she was...her supernatural ability. "What exactly do you think my abilities are?" she ask, still smiling.

13Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:16 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"People like you?" He tilted his head slightly to the side in thought and made the realization, "Just say it and be proud you're an elemental. Nothing to be ashamed of." He admitted with a shrug and signaled for her to follow him through the library and up a flight of stairs as he began a small lecture not noticing her gaze to his carried piece.

"Elementals have been around for quite a while including the Gnomes, Salamanders, Ondines, and the Sylphs. The first, I believe having existed as soul less creatures until marrying and bearing a child. I don't know all the details yet, but I believe the magic of the original elementals finally made their way into humans."

When she asked him about her abilities, he stopped and turned to her, leaning against a book shelf while he looked her over again. "Hmm...based on your eyes, I'd say ice." He gave a reassuring smile, "But I'm no expert. I'm willing to bet that each elemental is different....but then, you'll probably be able to chill the air and water around you at first. I just have to wait and see what happens."

14Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:46 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She would have cursed if she hadn't bit her tongue. Damn him. Was it really that obvious? She reached up with a small hand to touch her hair and look at it with her crystal eyes, while she walked. She would follow him. This was his home, so he would know it better than anyone. Even though, of course, he'd just gotten there around the same time that she had.

"I'm not ashamed of what I am..." she told him, a little defensive now, her crystal eyes narrowing slightly. Truly she wasn't ashamed. Back in the US she might have been, especially when she first found out. But Nana had taught her that her abilities made her special. She had told her that she had a higher destiny than anyone who was "normal". The thought of that old woman coddling her like she was a child brought a faint smile to her lips, and a misty look to her eyes.

"And you're right. I'm an ice elemental." she grinned, still looking a little misty-eyed. "Do you have the books or any kind of history for these creatures?" she ask him, a little anxious. She'd never been able to find anything about what could cause her powers. X-men just didn't seem to cut it. Although...if Iceman wanted to hookup...she'd be the first to volunteer.

"How do you know all of this? Do you just read a lot? Or...are you something a little more? Like...a bounty hunter or something?" she ask playfully.

15Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

( THIS POST IS VOID.)

After filling out all the necessary paperwork, and getting a little anxious, he decides to roam the castle a bit. He takes the paperwork and places it carefully in a binder, then walks out the door and sniffs the air. It doesn't take him long to catch the unmistakeable scent of old books. Its an aroma he hadn't smelled in a very long time, but one that excited him none the less. He followed the scent, his boots making no sound as he made his way quickly to the library.

When he finally found the double doors, his hand stayed on the handle for a brief moment, then he quietly turned it, and opened the door slowly. What he saw amazed him. He had never seen a library so big. With the rows of bookshelves as far as his grey eyes could see. He heard two voices talking quietly, so he decided to leave them alone and make his way to the shelves.

The scent was entoxicating as his hand slowly browsed across the first row of books he came too. His long trench sliding across the polished wood floor slowly, as if even it didn't want to stir up anything in this hallowed place. As he took a deep breath, inhaling the aroma around him, a new scent caught his attention, one that he hadn't smelled since his time in Pennsylvania. He quickly turned and looked around, then headed towards the two voices.

16Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:12 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine chuckled, "I never said you were. Just telling you there was nothing to be ashamed IF you were." His childish smirk was enough to show he'd given her enough thought, "Trust me. I'd know if you had any shame about it."

"Now let me see....I'm sure I've got something around here about elementals." He commented aloud more to himself than Angelique. He started climbing a latter to find the proper documents. "I know you'd be interested in the Ondine's since they're similar....now what about Ice Elementals....Celsius perhaps? Yes, I'm sure that's the Elemental you want to research!" He said with a triumphant sound, raising his voice before lowering it agian.

"Catch." He called before dropping the book towards her. As Angelique looked at the book, the question she asked only phased him a moment as he walked down the steps. Releasing a small laugh, Celestine, continued down and answered her query.

"Well let's just say I have some sources after years of discovery of what lies behind the veil of reality."
He answered mysteriously with a finger in the air and a wink. "It's just one of those things."

17Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She licked her lips, still grinning now as he talked about IF she was somehow ashamed of what she was. She nearly rolled her eyes at him, her crystal eyes looking him over. This wasn't the first time she'd noticed that he was attractive, or noticed how his smile seemed oddly in place, there on his face.

She looked away from him quickly, glancing over all the books they passed, all the shelves that were so full of books, some almost sagged. The slight blush that crept over her pale features quickly vanished. He was the librarian, not a student she was in class with. And besides, Gaia only knew how much older than her he was.

She stopped when he did, and watched him climb the ladder. She tilted her head slightly, and glanced around. How strange that there were completely alone in here? Surely other students were working hard on studying or tests? She shifted again, smiling when she saw Poe hurrying down the isle way towards them.

"Oh Poe. Couldn't stand to be alone, could you?" she giggled leaned down to scratch the cat under the chin. She grinned playfully and stood back up, only paying attention long enough to realize that he said for her to catch the book he dropped down for her. She held out her hands and managed to catch it with a muffled "thud" as it hit her hands. She turned the book around to look it over, and grinned.

She looked up at him, her crystal eyes practically glowing. She'd never had any information about others of her kind. She'd never come across anyone like herself...no one who could do what she does. She shifted, still watching him. Sources...yes, she had no doubt he had sources. Perhaps those sources he'd met in back alleys or rowdy taverns in this back-ass country, that she was growing to love with every minute she spent here.

"I'm terribly excited about this...can I take it back to my room and then bring it back? Do I need a library card or anything?" she ask him excitedly.

18Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

After spending almost an hour searching for his room, He finally gets settled in and decides to search his new home a little further. He leaves his bag in the room as he walks out the door. There were key places he had to find, his classroom being one of them, but that would have to wait. There was another room that Jarrik had caught the smell of that intrigued him greatly. He had always been an avid reader, so when he caught the scent of old books, really old books, he knew he had to find the library.

Not taking nearly as long as it generally would have, he found himself standing in front of a huge oak door. He raised his hand to knock, but stopped himself, remembering that he was a student now. He placed his palm softly on the oak and pushed it in. The scent of centuries old books enveloped him as he looked around the huge hall. Rows upon rows of old and new books alike lined the tall shelves. He smiled to himself as he entered the room, but stopped just inside the door as another scent caught his attention. One that he had not smelled since his time in Pennsylvania.

As he truely looked around, he saw two more people in the room, and a cat. One of the people was a male. It was hard to tell how tall he was as he was standing on a ladder. The other person though, was standing on the ground, looking up at figure on the ladder, holding a book in her hands. Her back was to him, and though he could only see the white of her hair, different from their last encounter, that entoxicating aroma was definitely her. He cleared his throat, but other wise made no noise to interrupt the two as he stood by the door, waiting for her to turn around.

(post is good to go admin)

19Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:53 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine pushed the rollable ladder aside when he plopped his feet to the ground, finding the thought of hitting his head on it by accident unappealing. He looked into her excited eyes and down to Poe. Kneeling, he scratched Poe behind the ears and let the cat move his head as the scratching continued, informing Celestine where he wanted the attention.

"Don't let him fool you. He's just a busybody attention grubber." Despite the words, Celestine was smiling, "But I can't blame him. It's in his nature as a cat; isn't that right, Poe?"

Celestine wrapped his arms under the cat and picked him up. Because he was a short-hair cat, Poe had little chance of leaving any type of hair on Celestine's clothing. that meant both always looked in pristine shape. In response to being picked up and lifted to his owner's normal height, Poe purred and closed his eyes, resting against Celestine's shoulder.

Celestine's eyes laughed. "You're going to need a library card so we can keep track of those things. Pen and paper still here so it's only a few minutes for you to do so. I hope you can contain yourself that long."

20Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She watched the gentle way Mr. Ravnos moved to pick up Poe. She held the book tightly in her hands, her head tilted slightly. She almost laughed, watching the animal. She wondered idly how long the two of them had been together. It seemed like they would have to have been together for years to develop that amount of comfort with each other.

She smiled sweetly, and still clasping the book in her small hands, she let her eyes roam over the cover. Could this book hold the answers she's tried so hard to find. All she could find was mostly mythical nonsense about Vampires and Werewolves, but very little about Elementals, like herself. She took note of the "Celsius",written on the front cover, and how unworn the book looked. It looked a little old, but it also looked as though it had barely been opened.

She looked up at him, her eyes anxious, but she still wore her smile. "Of course I can contain myself." she laughed playfully, and nodded. "Let's get this bad boy checked out under my name then." she told him, looking around for the counter, where she could fill out the necessary paperwork and get her library card.

21Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:06 am

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"Righto," he cheered and put Poe down so he could go off and explore, hunt, or look for other students to subdue. Celestine watched his partner go and motioned for Angelique to follow. "I haven't seen you so excited in...well I guess this is the first time. I'm glad you're ready to learn. Just don't go too fast. Learning takes time."

He tried to sound sagely though in his past he would speed-read for the crucial points so he would past tests in school only to miss a few of the finer details. He chuckled aloud at the thought, not thinking how others might take it. It was one of those things in life, he supposed. Learning from one's youth. Still - he looked over his shoulder to the young woman following him - there were some things he might never learn.

He walked behind the counter and pulled out a small application. "Just fill these in," he said, indicating the NAME, ADDRESS, he was surprised to find a recent addition for E-MAIL address...perhaps Celestine would have to invest in a computer or one of those high-tech phones. Finally, there was a place for her STUDENT ID NUM, and a disclaimer stating she would be responsible for all fees and the returning of books, and payment of replacement should book become lost or stolen.

"Now...I just need to see something with a picture...student id if they issue those here. It's not required, but I want to keep a record of these things while I'm here."

22Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She shifted again, blushing now. She was anxious to learn, but it was for her own purposes. This might give her some idea of how her life would go from here on out, her powers at least. The rest she would be free to decide. She was still really unsure of what she would do once she left this place...but that was a few years away, so she had some time to figure things out.

"I'm just really excited to finally learn something about people like me..." she told him, the blossom of her blush starting to fade from her pale cheeks. She gave him a very sweet smile though and nodded. She was so grateful for his help, she wasn't sure if she could ever repay this deed.

She quietly followed him to the counter and reluctantly laid the book down. She took a pen and began filling out the necessary paperwork. She wasn't given a student number, so she left that blank, she did write her full name and for her address she listed the University. She had no e-mail address, so there was another spot that was left blank. She did write her room number though, so if he had to come looking for the book, he would know where to find her.

Once she was done with the paperwork she would hand it back to him, her crystal eyes aglow. The opportunity was so close, and yet she seemed so far away from really learning anything about her origin. When he ask for something that had a picture of her, she almost told him that she didn't have anything. She chewed on her lip for a moment, and after a moment she reached into her back pocket on her jeans and slipped out a little card. It looked like it could have been a credit card, but it was indeed a licence for the state of Pennsylvania.

In the picture, there was a very happy girl, with plain brown hair and sparkling green eyes. Her life was just beginning. Her skin was tan, with just a slight blush from the excitement. Angelica looked it over a moment before she offered it up to him.

"It doesn't really even look like me anymore...I suppose I should get a new one." she put her head down a little. She wasn't sad for the life she left behind there, she was just sad she never actually got the chance to really live it. She shifted a little and after a moment, she looked up at him with her clear eyes. She just had to remind herself that what she had now, what she was now, was so much better than that girl in the picture.

Her frown quickly disappeared, and a smile replaced it. "Will that one work for now?"

Last edited by Lillith on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

23Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:27 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"It'll work like a rabbit in a carrot garden." He said, taking the card and information written. After making copies, he took a little card from a drawer and wrote the number on her information sheet, linking the card to her. He handed her the library card, stamped the book and made a note of it's checkout owner.

"Funniest thing is people have to have other people no matter who they are. Race, religion, shape size. Yet, it's also looking for yourself that makes life as much fun as looking for people to associate with. Trust me when I say 'you're as normal as the next gal down the road.'"

He meant it too. She was as human as he was. He looked at her license which she had yet to return, "Like this girl here." He said, giving her driver's license back. "Just remember that it's you too. You just had a makeover and came out better than before. Cocoons and Butterflies and that sort of thing." He gave her a wink, trying not to think some of the thoughts his teenage self was pushing on him...repaying him indeed...stupid hormones.

24Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She shifted again, a deeper red covering her cheeks. Cocoons and butterflies? She hadn't been ugly on any account before this magical transformation had taken place over night, but did he manage to find her slightly attractive? Is that what he'd said...that while she'd been pretty before, she was now a beautiful butterfly now. She remember the day she'd found out she was so different. Could remember that morning so well, almost like it was yesterday.

She'd woken up just like any other day. It was summer, and even though it was Pennsylvania it was warm, and sticky for summer. So sticky that her yellow shorts were sticking to her legs, and her hair was wet. It donned on her that it wasn't actually that warm outside, but she felt so sick...so sick to her stomach and weak. She had to crawl into the bathroom just to vomit. She called out for her Mother, but it was more like a croak. It was only when her Mother came into the bathroom that she discovered something was seriously wrong, something more than her stomach ache. The brown hair and green eyes she'd been born with were gone, her tan skin had turned to cream. Her hair was white as snow, and her eyes as crystal clear as water. She could still hear her Mother scream sometimes...

Angelica was drawn back to reality when the library card appeared before her. She reached out to take it, a little shaky now from the sudden memory, that she hadn't even tried to conjure. She swallowed hard and gave Mr. Ravnos a sweet smile.

"Thank you so much. If there is anything you need, anything at all, I don't have much, but I'll do all I can for you." she told him. She could still feel the slight heat in her cheeks, from his remark about butterflies. These types of feelings made her feel so uncomfortable. Most women her age had fallen in love and taken lovers, but Angelica had not. She'd been too afraid to let anyone get that close to her...

"I suppose I should be going...it's getting rather late in the day, and I still have a little exploring left to do. And I'd like to put down a few chapters in this book before it gets too late, otherwise I'll be up all night reading, and then be too tired to go to classes tomorrow." she laughed softly, her crystal eyes searching him for a moment before she turned to go.

[Exit, unless stopped]

25Just Like Home Empty Re: Just Like Home Thu May 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

I didn't know for sure if she was who i thought she was, but her scent was unmistakeable. "excuse me miss, but do i know you from somewhere?"I know it was a bit cliche', but nothing else came to mind. Here i was, a thousand miles from my home, not knowing anyone, or anyone knowing i'm here, and i run into her. Her appearance had changed, but her aroma was unmistakeable.

"Forgive me for intruding, but when i caught your aroma, I had to come talk to you. My name's Jarrik. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself in Pennsylvania."I said as i held out my hand. I know it was a long shot that she would remember me, being a brief moment as it was, but i had to try.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum