Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides Empty Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

After nine thirty, the school doors started to close for the night, yet save for one building that started to light up only as the moon started to raise. The dark night hid the moon, which allowed little light to snake in and shine against the white brick of the laboratory situated on the hill just behind Caislin Hallows. The only spot that didn’t shine was the dark brown oaken doors situated with steel and not iron like the rest of the grounds seemed to have in certain spots of the castle. From a distance you could see the ceiling was cut out and had shapes of moons , stars, and other celestial shapes. A soft grade of stairs that led right up the door shone just like the building, bright and white. Here in the ceiling you can immediately spot the large telescope that came out of the roof and into the sky, reaching over some of the trees that loomed around the building.

Mary-Lynn, back in school and ready to try and teach these children a thing or two about the way the universe actually worked and all the wonderful things that it shown with beauty and elegance. Circles of deepened gold and brown watched as the sun had set over the hour and the moon sent sky rocketing into the sky. Finally illuminating her classroom as like many nights before the star and moon cut outs above in the ceiling. Her tables and chairs matched the cut outs above in the ceiling, she had a strange fascination with the shapes and the way things had to be sitting in the room, almost fungshuay but in her own tone.

Some tapestries hung on the walls, decorated with past scientist and Astronomy leaders that helped create the structure of our worlds view on the universe today. Behind her desk hung a picture of Sir Stephen Hawking when he was but a child and won his first award on String Theory. This was her first class in quite some time so she was hoping it would be a remarkable one. Her past students were such great learners and always questioned the things that she put before them. Which brought her attention to the blue moons tear that she had acquired in some dangerous and mysterious ways.

The way it shone with the moonlight pouring in made it sparkle on her desk, her gift for the student she found was most intrigued by the spaces and universe above. Here she sat, behind her oaken and steel desk, with the only un-natural light coming from her laptop that was opened and illuminated the soft color of her face. She scrolled through the blogs and sites of her old universities and teachers polls that surrounded themselves with the universe as well. Here she sat and waited for the first of few students to arrive.

Last edited by Mary-Lynn Chevok on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing intro...)

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

Mikel was not one to be late for class, especially a night time class that he didn’t have to prepare his skin for. Dressed unusually weird for his usual out and about antics, he wore just plain white long sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans. Quite unusual from his normal suit and tie. With a deep breath he inhaled the crisp outdoors air, the walk up to Chevok’s lab was a slight uphill walk but it was enjoyable as he passed the garden and could see fair view of the forest just over the hills. The moon that sprung out like a bright candle light among dark clouds, which made the man smile almost eerie like.

With deep breaths and long strides he made his way up the hill, the white bricked building a familiar place as he looked up and along the building, from the right position he could see small cuts into the ceiling that made the natural moonlight shine through the building. With a long sigh his head hung to the ground, staring at it as he moved forward to the large doors and gave one half a good tug. The sound of the door creaking a long moan as he pulled it open enough to slip inside, then tugging it closed again with that same creaking moan. With a shake of his shoulders from the annoyance of sound, perhaps it was just a security thing with the teacher, but that door could use a good greasing.

Stepping into the open building he stood for just a moment before spotting Chevok across the room with her face glued to her laptop. Smirking only slightly as he moved through the small set of tables and chairs that were delightfully shaped and painted. Sitting just off to the side so that when he sat he could lean back and touch the wall with his back. ’’Evening Miss Chevok.’’ Mikel spoke loud enough for the teacher to hear him even though he wasn’t too far into the crowd of tables and chairs. With the usual friendly smile now taking its place back on his face he lifted a hand and gave her a wave before returning to staring around the room, getting reacquainted with it.

Margo’s plump lips curled as she felt lifted. Embracing the outside world as she welcomed the stars. Counting the glittering dots within the sky. She was inspired as the song bird sings, as the teachers teach, and the students absorb. Heels clicking as she stopped before the Astronomy door. Shoulders back as her spine aligned. She entered with confidence.

She wore a magenta hooded robe. The silk danced along her curved outline, her body covered as she exposed no flesh. Her blonde hair was braided into a mound of twists along the top of her head, a string of pearls looped around the mane as she wore a matching strands dangling along her neck. She wore laced gloves to hide her fingers as she walked towards the teachers desk. “A thousand pardons Lady Chevok as I interrupt your class.” Margo smiled as she turned her head to face the students within the room. “I am Margo Danae, Professor of Formalities and Social Graces. Forgive me my darlings to interrupt such a magical experience as learning the stars. Well my darlings what has brought me here is to inform you that I am hosting a masquerade. I would love for whoever would like to partake in the planning to know they are welcomed to speak with me within my class.”

Margo turned to the door nodding her head as a sluggish coat rack followed behind. Its hooks balancing a silver tray of soft brownies as Margo introduced the coat rack. “To thank you all for your gracious time, I leave a gift. To my Dear Mary-Lynn, your beauty is beyond the stars. Thank you for allowing me this moment. I shall hold it dearly. Please enjoy all of you. I look forward to seeing you again.” Margo curtsied as she left the flyers and tray, the coat rack bowing as it followed behind Margo as she went on to continue her advertisement.

As she spoke Margo was a song bird, chirping lightly in a harmonious tone. Speaking with delightful affection as she opened her heart to the world.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Chevok only smiled as her first student came into the room, Mikel, of course. He was always on time when it came to her class, perhaps he had a hidden motive behind all his good work. He had been quite the student, always asking questions and he even came out to the field trip, no matter a disaster that it turned out to be. With a smile on her face, she closed the lid of her laptop and let her eyes adjust to the moonlight bearing through the ceiling. Just as she was about to welcome and speak with Mikel, there was more movement at the door. Chevok was caught off guard by who came through the door next, her eyes wide as she watched this woman come into her class. Very elegant like herself, which made Chevok immediately adore this woman.

As she spoke Chevok listened dearly as she introduced herself as the Formalities teacher, which didn’t surprise her at all. With the way Margo held herself and dressed, she seemed completely appropriate for the part of Formalities. Chevok stood, just as Margo was leaving and curtsied in cue with Margo’s watching as she left behind flyers and a tray of treats. Smiling she couldn’t help but scurry over as Margo left and she took her time looking over the flyer, it was a warm welcome from what the rest of the school had been like so far. But then again, Chevok hadn’t been one to wander around a lot when she did it was just into town, where she had met a fine young gentleman teacher.

Her eyes resumed back to the pale form of Mikel and with a smile she took the tray and a flyer and moved over to sit on the other side of the table from him. ’’Well Michael, it seems it’s just going to be the two of us this time. How about it? Would you like to come with me and see what all this hustle and bustle is about this Ball? I’m sure you’d fit in just right.’’ She gave off a gentle laugh, referring to the way he always dressed in a suit, and only assumed that he held a fancy tux in waiting. With a smile still on her lips, she plucked a cookie/brownie treat from the tray and popped it into her mouth still reading over the flyer that Margo had left.

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

Bruxa stayed in the shadows, listening as the one teacher expressed the desire for others to join the festivities she had proposed. Keeping hidden until that professor of ...did she say...formalities?.... left, leaving the invitation and treats. A curious look at the coat rack that hopped along behind the woman, staring at it until it vanished into the night.

Slipping through the door that had been left open. Silent footfalls as she tiptoed into the room. Glancing around the familiar setting, one of the few she could feel comfortable in. Still donned in black clothing though more schoolgirlish than usual. The short pleated skirt that skimmed the top of black leggings that caressed those slender thighs. The black shirt overlayed with a brocaded vest that hugged her small chest. Ankle boots with seven inch stiletto heels that were kept muffled as she inched deeper into the room on her toes.

Watching Mistress Chevok as she approached the lone student already seated at one of the tables with the tray of treats. Recognizing the male from the other astronomy classes though she couldn't remember ever speaking with him. Ebon hues flitted between the two as the teacher joined the student. Quietly listening as the offer of accompanying each other to the ball along with the laughter that followed.

Strange, it seemed more like flirting...or so Bruxa thought as she stepped into one of the spotlights that filtered through the cutout of the roof. The moonlight shining down upon her petite frame as if some heavenly aura surrounding the surreal dark angel. "May I go see this Ball too?" The sweet melody of that southern drawl suddenly spilled through those plush lips. That bowlike mouth contorting into a faint smile.

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

As Margo came into the classroom, proclaimed herself in the name of Formalities and then made her way back out the door. It was a quick here and then gone, but Mikel heard the words she spoke but didn’t take much on actually looking at her or paying attention to the slight introduction to Chevok at all. He sighed gently as he leaned forward folding his arms over the table before him. When he looked up to see what was going on again, Chevok was sitting across from him, talking about the ball. His eyes rolled, but not enough for her to notice. But as usual, he flashed a smile and nodded his head. ’’Oh I’m sure I’d fit in just fine, dress nicely, flash a nice smile and I’m sure I’d do well. Seems like it’s the preparations for the actual Ball…’’

Then his stomach churned and he felt like his non-beating heart dropped in his chest, then he turned and looked over to see a some-what familiar face standing just off to the side of his view. Pulling himself together he tugged the paper from under Chevok’s hand and held it up showing it to Bruxa. The strange young woman that stood in the spotlight of the moon, which made a smile creep across Mikel’s face for but a moment before he pulled a hand up from his knee and waved as if telling her to come over here and take a closer look. ’’Hello Mistress Vipir. Come, look at this. Seems our dear teachers have decided to surprise the students with a Ball.’’ The words that spilt from her lips, only made his shoulder shake in a slight manner before he let off another smile.

’’May you… You are too modest dear Bruxa, I’m sure it’s only a matter of hours before some dashing young lad comes to ask you to it.’’ This time his smile was sincere as his head only shook, then rested an elbow on the table, letting his fingers roll through his darkened hair and hold his head up as he looked back down to the paper with the ball information written upon it. Smirking only slightly as he stared down at the page, wondering what could come of the next few days.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The pleasant interruption of Bruxa’s voice brought a generous smile to Chevok’s face as she turned to look at Bruxa, always a pleasure to have such great minds in her classroom. Lest she forget that the two of them were very different from the usual gaggle of students that she had previously taught. The moonlight did wonders on the skin, bringing out the beauty of her students out in the soft caress of light. With that same smile pressed against her lips, she quickly stood up from the seat she took at Mikel’s desk and stood only to curtsy towards Bruxa. ’’Welcome back to class Bruxa you should definately think about coming.’’ With that said, she once again took a seat at the rounded half moon shaped table and leaned with her elbows against the table just slightly before looking to the paper that gave information about the Ball.

As she read, a single hand floated out and grabbed one of the little chocolate bites that Margo had left as a treat. Quickly popping the little bite into her mouth her eyes ran over the paper and let out a deep breath through her nose as she finished eating the delightful little square. ’’The Ball should be a great turn-out, should be lots of fun too. I’m sure they’ll have some great music, sights to see and a few things out there to do other than just dancing I’m sure.’’ With that her hands laid flat on the table and pushed herself from the seat once again, but as she stood she gave a little stretch before looking between Bruxa and Mikel. ’’What do you think guys? Should this little class of ours help partake in such a demanding little course of action? Perhaps give this Ball the moon and the stars it deserves?’’

Another gentle smile pressed across her lips as she took in a deep breath then she turned her head to look down at Mikel as he sat at the table still. ’’Would you mind if I asked a favor of you? Just a small one, and you may reject it if you want.’’ Her hands clasped together and laid against her front as she stood looking at both of the bright eyed students that were huddled beneath the pouring moonlight.

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

She could feel the brief discomfort of the young man seated at the table as he turned towards her and held up one of the flyers. Encouraged to join the duo at the table, she stepped forward and took the paper from his hand. Slender fingers brushed against his own so he might feel the chill from her touch. "Please, its just Bruxa..." She informed him with a faint smile. "Not much of a surprise if they are plastering these things all over the school is it?"

She laid the announcement of the festivities upon the surface of the table as she smoothly slid into the seat beside Mikel. Dark eyes moved to their teacher of the sciences as she spoke. "Thank you Mistress Chevok for having the class for me to attend" She acknowledged the quirky professor even as Mary-Lynn rose back to her feet and gave her little spill of helping with the undertakings of the ball. The smile on Bruxas face grew whimsical at the prospects. "Moons and stars? Are you planning on making cutouts in the ceiling within the ballroom Mistress Chevok?"

A titter of giggles issued through those plush velvet lips. "Though it does sound fascinating..." She continued before asking. "Will we get some kind of credit for this?..." Her words were cut short as she noted how the instructor of the heavens turned her attention back to Mikel. The question posed towards the student and suddenly Bruxa felt she might be intruding on the two....like some kind of third wheel.

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

A favor. His head fell into the palm of his hand, perhaps more work would be a good thing as long as it was hard work that’d keep his mind from the festivities that were happening around the school thus far. His hands let go of his face and he let them once again drop to the table, gently tapping slightly rapping against the top of the table. His head turning from side to side to listen as Chevok and Bruxa spoke , a soft chuckle escaped him as she spoke of how the ball wasn’t a surprise, just a shake of his head before once again he placed his chin in the palm of his hand and looked at the two others that sat with him.

He shifted only slightly as Bruxa sat with him, something about her, reminded him of himself all to well. The conversation took to the aspect of bringing the class to the ball itself, when Bruxa said making cut outs for the ceiling Mikel had to quickly cover his mouth before a rustic laugh made its way out. ’’We could get sheets of silver and white, cut out the stars and moons and hang them around the ball…. I would definitely have to go and find my ‘’Elton John’’ replica star sunglasses just to add a bit of nonsense to it. ‘’ His head fell back and he let out a small laugh as his head shook, eyes open to stare at the ceiling.

Then what Miss Chevok had asked caught in his mind once again, ’’So what is the favor that you need Madame Chevok?’’ His head straightened once again and he looked between Bruxa whom was sitting beside him, and Chevok that seemed she couldn’t sit still across from them.

10Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides Empty Re: Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Mary-Lynn’s face lit up as Bruxa and Mikel seemed to take the idea of treating the Ball with a few strands of the universe to a whole new level. Her hands clapped together and held onto each other as she held them over her chest. Like the smile and head tilt you’d see in everyday Anime t.v. shows, Mary-Lynn’s face lit up and tilted to the side as she let out a happy little sigh. ’’Of course there would extra credit given for this, for all of your efforts put into this and all of the happiness that entailed with it would be the greatest extra credit of all don’t you think my dear students?’’

Her head tilted and she thought of what the others had said so far about the ball and then it brought back to her attention. ’’Oh yes! We haven’t decided as of yet if it’s going to be an indoors ball or an outdoors one as of yet, either way we can either decorate the indoors or we can open the skies to our fellow students and teachers with telescopes or even insightful knowledge that perhaps that they didn’t know.’’ With a smile on her face she once again took a seat across the table from the other two, they did seem quite the pair. Pale, dark clothing. A shiver went up her spine when she thought of what they could be, it always came to the blood-sucking vampire image in her head. Perhaps a curse from her being stuck in the night sky so often.

Then her head shook of these thoughts and Mikel’s desire to know what the favor was caught her attention once again and she let off a little smile. ’’Oh. Mikel, well seeing as you can be quite the gentleman, I was hoping that you’d be able to wheel over a couple sets of telescopes over to Miss Margo’s so she can decide weather or not to use them, if you wouldn’t mind I’d greatly appreciate it..’’ She let a small smile cross over her lips again as she let her body lean against the table.

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

Eyes cut between Mikel and their instructor. Both seemed in a rather jovial mood what with the talk about the ball and all. The smile turned rather puckish as the young male mentioned the gawdy star shaped glasses of Elton John. "Will this be some kind of grand costume ball do you think?" She asked eagerly. Already scheming in her head on how to entice the Puppeteer into fashioning a fabulous outfit for the event.

The thought was interrupted with the promise of extra credit for helping out. So hanging stars and moons from either the ceiling or trees wouldn't be too bad...right? With the mention of telescopes and imparting the knowledge of the heavens as part of the ball, the smile faltered slightly. "So this...so called ball is really a guise for teaching?" A lone brow rose gently with the posed question.

That favor that was asked of Mikel seemed more like work. The way Mistress Chevok encouraged the boy to accept the proprosal with compliments and gratitude enticed that smile to return if only faintly.

12Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides Empty Re: Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:41 am

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

He couldn’t help but laugh when the mention of the glasses took a toll on his companion’s faces for even just a moment was more than he expected. A shake of his head couldn’t be helped before leaning back in his seat, lifting arms above the table to stretch them out for a moment, then pull them close folding them behind his head. Almost tilting in his chair his gaze turned from Chevok to Bruxa at the mention of a costume ball, grinning slightly before shaking his head some. ’’A costume ball… Everyone hiding in their own little creation, it’d be quite an interesting time...’’

Another soft chuckle followed after he spoke, only to shake his head a bit before lifting his head up again to look at the two others in the room. ’’It’d be quite interesting in the end, like a masquerade of some sort with a fancy dress code?’’ His head shook only slightly before he let out a deep breath and let his hands hang behind his head as he thought on this for a few more minutes. Then Chevok’s question caught his attention once again about some favor he was being asked to help with. His brow quirked up when he first found out what this favor was going to entail. Letting out a deep breath as he forced himself to sit up once again, his hands laying on the table.

Leaning against his elbows on the table, he looked over across the room to see three cases which he had to assume were the telescopes. ’’Yeah it’s no problem I’ll come by later on after I find a cart or something to help with it.’’ His curiosity was hit once again as he stuck his nose into this business. ’’There isn’t going to be any teaching going on is there?’’

13Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides Empty Re: Astrology Class ; Remembering The Tides Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:35 am

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

With a soft laughter expelling from Chevok, her hands only raised up and covered over her eyes with fingertips for only a moment. Shaking her head, as fingertips left her face and ran through blonde bangs to pull them from her eyes once again. ’’No no.. There will be no teaching, no learning of specific topics… But if we are out under the moons and the stars, it wouldn’t be surprising for it to pop into conversation. Then at least you’ll have the small scriptures of words that I have left you both with..’’ Again her head shook, allowing bouncing curls to clash against the pale cheek and discolored eyes.

Her attention once more drawn to the strange male that was called Mikel, shaking her head only slightly. ’’That would be wonderful if you could take care of that for me Mikel, there should be a cart either in the Library or in one of the custodian closets along the hall…’’ A small laugh came from Chevok once again, as she resumed in the seat across the table from the other two students. The thought of teaching at a Ball only made her laugh, but it was to be expected from those who did nothing but teach their entire lives away.

Her arms crossed on the table, allowing her form to lean against it only slightly as she stared across the table at the other two. With a smirk covering over her lips she raised a brow watching the two before her, ’’So what do you guys say? Figure out what’s going on with the whole Ball thing, then we’ll make some stars and moon cut outs? Find some silver sheets or canvas’s to help pop everything out.’’

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

Black orbs shifted in their sockets, flickering between Mikel and their teacher as the two carried on their flirtatious banter. "Costume balls are wonderful..." Bruxa interjected dreamily being rather fond of masquerades and such. After all...it was much like that for her everyday...pretending to be someone else and hiding her true identity. Though she had a sneaky suspicion more people knew what she was at this strange school...not that it really mattered, most still didn't know who she was.

Those stray thoughts dissipated as their dear astrology teacher eagerly encouraged the conversation. Keeping them centered around the ball and the decorations that highlighted her favorite subject...the world above them. "The night is even more richly coloured than the day. . . . If only one pays attention to it, one sees that certain stars are citron yellow, while others have a pink glow or a green, blue and forget-me-not brilliance. And without my expiating on this theme, it should be clear that putting little white dots on a blue-black surface is not enough."

She quoted Van Gogh quietly as the idea sparked in her mind and that once faint smile grew brillantly. "Why not do something like the Starry Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh?" She spoke up suddenly, the excitement growing in her voice so she sounded more like a young child...the one still trapped in her body. "I love that painting..." She seemed to fall back into that dreamlike state, remembering the time the old rich woman had taken her to see the exquisite artwork so very very long ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum