Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Where Wandering Spirits Collide I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Wandering Spirits Collide

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Where Wandering Spirits Collide Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The Secret Garden, just a myth as far as Mary-Lynn was concerned she had never seen this place nor has she ever seen a doorway leading towards the delightful smells of a hidden garden ripe with love and mysticism. Still the lengthy form of Mary-Lynn scurried across the marble floor that made up the school halls. She made her way around, in high heels the only sound being the tapping echo of the steel heels that curved in the shape of a quarter moon leaving the sky. An unusual look for Mary-Lynn, as she dressed like anyone else, wearing a pair of silken shorts she had originally saved for bed but with the warming weather it was starting to seem more like a must. The form had her arms crossed and was making her way through the small tunnel off-shoots of the hallways. Forever the click-clack of the steel carved heels echoed on through the empty halls.

That smell, that deep passion intense smell of roses. She breathed in deeply, which almost made her head woozy with the sudden rush of smells. Her fingers escaped from the clutches of her side and pressed against the cold stone wall, pressing slightly against it, this little hole. Perhaps a peeping hole at one time, that showed Mary-Lynn exactly what she was smelling. The deep colors of red and white blossomed even under the moonlight of the sky, colors of purple, yellow and blue appeared from the corners of her view. As a long sigh escaped Mary-Lynn, she leaned against the wall, almost desperate with hope that she would find a way in. She thought too soon as it seemed the castle responded to her will of the garden, the stone walls opened with a crumbling and crunching sound of rock crushing against itself, allowing Mary-Lynn to fall in since she had been pressed so deeply against it.

Falling into the plush green grass, her fall cushioned by the delicate manner of the Garden. The golden yellow tones widened then stared around in the utmost disbelief as she sat against the grass and looked around. Hands reached out, the thumb cut style of long sleeve shirts covered her torso as they moved out and pushed herself back onto her feet. Carefully taking the few first steps, as she didn’t know what would pop out, or even what she would see in here. Her steps were careful and light, making sure to step with her toe so that the heel of her shoe wouldn’t dig a hole or leave a large print behind. Her face rose and she looked up to the sky above, just enough light to make this area even more spectacular. The long hair tied back by a white ribbon into a pony tail, the end of it grazing over her back as she watched the stars peek through for just a moment.

A deep breath rushed through the woman as she took a few more steps inward to the Garden. She could see across the Garden a new way to get in and out of this area, carefully she stepped through the garden taking a few moments to stop and stare at the flowers that surrounded the small inset. Fingers grazing through leaves of daffodils and tulips, brushing along the tops of rose buds as it sent a gentle shiver through her entire form. Quickly she stopped, leaned over and grabbed the back straps of the high heels and pulled off the shoes one at a time until she was back on level ground, her feet pressing into the soft touch of grass surrounding her feet making her entire body shake just slightly. Her head lifted once again as she held the heels in one hand holding her face to the sky, a gentle whisper escaping her ’’Where the wind blows…The smell of life follows everywhere…’’

She dropped her chin once again, staring across the Garden, step by step the no-so-teacher looking Mary-Lynn made her way through the soft plush and generous smells of the flowers that surrounded her. The only sound left now was the soft clap of the heels as they struck together every time the bounce in her step was a little too big. ’’Come out….Come Out….Wherever you are…’’

2Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:23 pm

’’Come out….Come Out….Wherever you are…’’

The shrill call of a raven responded to her call, the sound of beating wings filling the air as it launched itself from a tree limb. The once hidden form of its black body took to the sky, circling around the lone figure for a moment before landing again on its perch. Such a strange creature to be sure, resting in such a beautiful place. But it was not it's decision. It's master had taken to the peaceful paradise. The smells of nature easing his mind from the life he had come from. Another caw from the Raven woke Amato from his light, idle nap. Stirring within the shadows of the tree trunk, his head leaned back against the cool bark. "What is it now..." He spoke softly, almost to himself, though his words were directed to Kurayami.

It took him a moment, his sightless gaze turning up to the branches, "Well?" Through his companions vision, an eyebrow raised with curiosity. He gazed back down to himself, before it's sight shifted to a blonde haired woman, strolling casually through the hidden garden. He was surprised to say the least. The over growth of the garden had made him believe this place was long forgotten. He had only found it because of the scent of the flowers flooding over his senses while strolling through the halls of the university. Standing in an almost fluid motion, he strolled out slowly from the shadows and out into the starlight that shone from the silken sky above.

Fingers ran through his chestnut colored hair, the tips brushing over the cloth wrapped around his eyes. "I apologize if my feathered friend disturbed you..." He spoke to her, the Raven gliding down from the branch to perch on his shoulder, talons gripping the leather of his performers garb. He had yet the chance to change from it since arriving. Wanting to explore a little during the quiet of night. He let out an animated sigh, bare chest rising and falling with the action. "He has a mind of his own and doesn't notice his effect on others." Amato shook his head lightly, Kurayami lifting a sole wing, head disappearing beneath it to groom his feathers as if uncaring on what his blind companion had to say. "I will leave you to your stroll..." He bowed his performers bow, one arm stretched outwards to his side, the other folding inwards, hand resting against his chest as his torso bent forward. Some old habits were hard to break. When he straightened, his body turned, prepared to leave her to her late night exploration of the Gardens.

3Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

As she moved through the soft grass, almost dancing as she moved through the soft plush grass a smile bore across her lips. The entire evening had come to this moment, the moment in the moon as she stood there with a deep breath escaping through her and her head raised high staring up with closed eyes at the moon that hung above. Her lips peeled into a smile as she enjoyed the soft touch of the moons light gathering across her face, fingers raised up to attempt to touch the stars before the sound of wings caught her attention. Suddenly the sense of fear over whelmed her and quickly her arms dropped and gathered around her form, holding tightly onto it as she searched in the darkness.

The loud call of the Raven caused Chevok to stumble over, in a panic she dropped the high heels she had been carrying to the ground at her feet. Her head ducked out of instinct of hiding and she looked up in time to see the form of a bird flying over her head, in shock as she stood there looking up this form taking shape against the moon and the stars made Chevok stumble once again. The thought that someone had been here, or something had been here made her head woozy as the smell of flowers started to overwhelm her once again. The form stumbled a few more times before finally Mary-Lynn leaned down and let her body drop to the plush overgrown grass. With a soft thud her body hit the ground and quickly Mary-Lynn searched around in the darkness for sign that the bird was just a vision and nothing more, just scaring herself from imagination.

With a deep breath, she held her frantic little breaths in as she scurried to hide herself beside a bush, only taking a moment to look back, and when she did there was a boy standing in the grass. Something she had never seen before, she knew most of the students by name in this school so having a new face pop up was something she was not well-adjusted to. Her eyes grew large for just a moment before the boy started to talk, which to some degree comforted her enough to not continue to hide in the bushes. Her face blushed only slightly as she thought of the thought of an adult scrambling to hide in the bushes must have been quite a funny sight to see, but you must understand, Mary-Lynn isn’t special like everyone else here at Caislin Hallow. Her eyes raised up look at this boy, his eyes were covered and it seemed like he was just a regular kid that was pulled off the street. She relaxed in the grass, and tried to act natural about being stuck in the un-groomed grass with not but shorts and bare feet touching the gentle spikes. ’’Bother me? No not at all young Sire, just very much shocked me and do I dare say almost frightened the soul from within me…’’ Her head tilted, causing the bob of blonde hair to come tumbling over her shoulder once again.

As the boy bowed, Mary-Lynn quickly gathered herself once again and started to pull herself from the grass, hands and knees she took a moment to gather her senses and then quickly pulled herself back onto her feet. A smile radiated from plush lips, which only caused the golden-yellow tone of her eyes to light up against the starlight. ’’No need to be rushing off, this Garden is here for everyone I presume.’’ She spoke gently, and softly but with a deep passion that would not be taken as a light whisper.

4Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:32 am

He paused in his exit, foot poised in the air before his head turned ever so slightly, as if to glance over his shoulder, back towards her listening to what she said. His head then turned to the Raven, seemingly giving him a disapproving look. "I apologize then for him frightening you so. He is a trouble maker..." Letting out an exasperated sigh, he shook his head before turning back towards the one he could only assume was a teacher through the ravens black eyed gaze. After a moments of silence, he seemed to remember himself and had a look similar to shock, or possibly disbelief. "Where are my manners... I am Amato. Amato Itzal." He again gave her the performers bow.

As he straightened, his hand flicked upwards, batting aside a long tail of his eye wrap back over his shoulders, the tattered end sliding itself along his chest when he bowed. "And this," He motioned to the Raven on his shoulders, the creature cocking his head to the side, eying the blonde haired woman. "Is Kurayami." The Raven let out a guttural Caw in response to its name being spoken. "I'm new to the school. Arrived not too long ago in all honesty." A corner of his lip curled upwards in a half smile, the moon and starlight shining down upon him from the heavens above. It was amazing that the sky seemed so... Peaceful here. Where as when he was forced into servitude within the dreaded Circus.

Then again. Way back when, he didn't even have the Raven or it's shared vision when he was enslaved there. Everything had its forms of terror there, especially when ones world was enshrouded in a constant blackness. A place where all others forced to be there had become as hostile as the one who trapped them. Amato shook the memories from his mind, pushing them into a dark corner and locking them there to haunt him another day.

Instead, his thoughts, and the eyes of his raven turned their attention to the over grown garden around them. "This garden may be for all... but it seems that been been a very long time since anyone has visited it." It was sad, truly. That such a place of nature and beauty, surrounded by the buildings of man was in such disrepair. It was then, he decided to spend what free time he had, returning it to it's former glory. A strange task for one like him. however, when one is surrounded by darkness, a little light is required to retain one's sanity.

5Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Feet pressed and rolled slightly in the soft grass for just a moment before Mary-Lynn’s eyes landed back upon Amato, with a generous smile painted on the plush contoured lips. With a gentle voice, fitting for the stars above she spoke out to him. ’’No need to apologize for your feathered friend, he was doing nothing unusual for his kind.’’ With that she took a few steps towards the boy and the Raven, watching carefully as the curiosity of such a creature took her attention for just a moment. A Raven, the symbol of death the bringer of souls. Once again golden-yellow eyes landed upon Amato’s face, listening as he spoke of his name and of his Raven. A new student, something fresh to hold eyes upon which pushed another generous smile over plush lips.

’’It’s a pleasure to meet you Amato Itzal, I’m sure. As it is to you as well Kurayami.’’ One hand raised, placing over the clothed chest as one foot clipped out and held herself as she bent at the knee’s and gave the man and his Raven friend a slight curtsy. ’’My name is Mary-Lynn Chevok, it’s a pleasure to see a new face in the wall of familiar tones, I am the Astrology teacher for this lovely little school.’’ Her attention once more gathered to the man and his Raven friend, watching carefully as silence took over for the few moments it had to seep in, stealing away the words left unspoken. He seemed lost in thought, and she was not one to pry the mind from what it caught itself into.

Once more her attention was drawn to the garden that surrounded them all, the soft colors of flowers and the eccentric design on the trees and vines that scorned the castle walls as they clung on for dear life. The overgrown levels of grass that seemed to try and touch the stars above, crying out for more attention than what the missing gardener has not given them. With a deep breath, those golden-yellow tinged eyes searched across the Garden just in time to hear Amato speak once again. Her head turned, only slightly, tipping to the side gently as she looked back at the boy with his eyes covered and the Raven secure to his shoulder.

’’This Garden seems to be a hidden pearl among the cold and bare walls, a secret joy to be found by curious minds… Perhaps it’s been quite some time, since this Garden has been loved by someone dear and careful.’’ That gentle smile returned once more as she stretched out her sleeve covered arms, stretching out her pale fingertips out from the cuff of the sleeve that hung over her thumb. Gently her hands cupped around the petals of a white rose, rubbing her thumb over the top of it for just a moment before she leaned over and took in a deep breath of it’s gentle loving scent. This entire area had put a smile on her face and a new skip in her step, just enough to almost overwhelm the senses, but not quite.

’’Perhaps some dashing young soul will come once again and give the Garden the love and attention it so deserves. Because the stars and the moon, can only watch from afar.’’ With a deep breath her hands recollected from the flower, and she stood there facing the bushels of roses and other flowers that teemed their way into the bushel, she was not being rude as she did not turn her back on Amato, but only stood with her body facing the bushel but her side facing him as she could keep him in her view.

6Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Amato gave the Raven another disapproving look, lips thinned to a line but he nodded to Miss Chevok. Still, he would have to have a talk with Kurayami later on, when they had some privacy. After all, it was not too long ago that he would have found it ludicrous for anyone to talk to an animal the way he does to Kurayami, let alone have a serious discussion with one. The bird eyed him warily, as if realizing what was to come. They again returned their attention to the woman in their presence, the raven watching her curiously as her fingers played over the seemingly luminous white pedals under the moonlight, Amato viewing along with him.

A smile spread over his lips ever so slightly, his head shaking slowly at her idea of someone bringing the Garden back to its former glory. It seemed they shared similar thoughts on the matter. Though he would not reveal his own decision that he would do such a task. One never knew who another was just by their first meeting. He decided to play it safe, a hand raising slowly, finger rubbing along the neck of the raven on his shoulders. Sightless gaze never leaving her as she stood facing the roses.

"Surely... I would offer my services," He paused momentarily, letting out a soft sigh, his head shaking from side to side. "But I highly doubt I would have the...Qualifications for it." He said, fingers idly brushing over the cloth over his eyes before dropping down to his belt. Amato's thumb hooking behind the buckle, fingers resting on the skull covering it, resting there. How she responded would either pass or fail her on one of these seemingly menial tests. One could never be too careful, especially after the life he had lived. Before and during the 'Circus'. Especially in a place that seemed to pulse with magical abilities. He wondered in the back of his mind if he traded one prison for another, though the thought was more of a passing one.

Seemingly no longer part of the topic, the raven went back to grooming it's feathers, though one of his eyes never left the teacher. He felt no threat from her, but the bird did sense it's partner's unease.

7Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The way that the man held himself, with the Raven perched on his shoulder made her wonder what the man was thinking, what thoughts rolled through such a strange man to lay eyes upon. With a deep breath exhaling, her eyes laid upon the colors of the flowers as her fingertips moved along the tops of the daffodils and even touched to the Tulips that scattered through the rose bushel. Fingers halted for but a moment, then resumed position wrapping around her torso hanging onto her sides as she stood there staring around at the Garden. Her eyes flashed with a soft light as she stared around at the diminishing beauty that held so much potential.

Then the man with the Raven started to speak again, her head turned and looked upon his face once more and smiled, her face seemingly to light up against the moon light as one hand raised and brushed back a strand of hair that fell into her face. Tucking it behind her ear, she took a few steps towards the man, she stopped a few feet in front of him leaned forwards so her torso turned, her head tilted as she stared up at the man with that delicate smile tainting her plush lips once again. ’’Offer the services that such a delicate life needs, qualifications are but subtle rules that bend and break with every turn.’’ After she spoke, once again she stood up this time her eyes locked upon the Raven as she watched it carefully.

There was something strange about the man and his Raven, she wanted to know more but she wouldn’t bother with such complex conversations tonight. Tonight was for the moon and the garden, the rose that will never be a star. Taking a few steps forwards, she stepped past the man watching him as she circled around his form and appeared at his opposite side. A fainting smile once again tainting the plush lips as her head tilted, the blonde locks dumping over her shoulder like some sort of waterfall of gold. ’’True strength, lies within the heart.’’ Once again she turned on spot, forgetting about the high heels she left in the grass, or the touch of cold that started to cast goose bumps against her legs and chest, none of this came to thought as she moved from the man to the tree from where he first appeared to her.

A hand reached out and pressed against the bark then gently she rested her shoulder against the tree and looked up at the branches covered with leaves, it was too bad that people didn’t come here more often, or that there was even a gardener to take of the beautiful plants that wanted to flourish. ’’Love, care, tender grasp…These flowers need an open heart…’’

8Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Amato remained facing where she once had been as she stepped forward and did a little walk around him, the thought of a butcher inspecting meat passed through his mind, though quickly dismissed it The Raven's eyes followed her during her pass around them. His head leaning forward to briefly glance to her on the other side of Amato then Kurayami was on before deciding she wasn't any threat. At least one the Amato couldn't handle by himself if need be before going back to groom its feathers, no longer interested in the conversation that was taking place.

"But what sort of strength to empower the soul depends on ones heart, do you not agree?" An eyebrow quirked upwards, his head turning towards the sound of her voice since his companion was no longer focused on her. His body turned in a fluid motion, hands hidden deep in the extravagantly wide and long sleeves of his coat. Though if one were to pay close enough attention, the sleeves were not part of the main wardrobe. Rather connected by tightened bands of fitted metal, its design alluringly delicate, leaving a mere few inches of the flesh where bicep met shoulder to the elements around them. His flexible wrists bent, finger tips brushing the three cool pieces of metal hidden there. A comforting motion, no aggression there even if she could even see it before straightening themselves once again.

An open heart... He pondered this for the briefest of seconds in his mind. What kind of heart did he have? Amato always saw himself as one of the 'good guys' though the line between good and evil had been vague up until his enslavement. He swore to himself that he would never be like them even with all he has been through. Yes, he stole. But kill? With intent? Surely not without reason. But who was to say which murder was justified or not. As these thoughts past through his mind he only smiled at her words. "An open heart and a watchful eye." He quipped the words almost as if to intend them as a joke. His body turned towards the bushel beside them, a hand finally appearing from the deep sleeves, finger tips dancing along the stem of a rose, tracing the thorns delicately. "Even the most beautiful of things can be considered dangerous..." He spoke the words softly, intended for the air around them and for no one in particular.

9Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

As the form pressed against the bark of the tree, her head dropped but only for a moment to look at the ground around her feet, letting out a soft sigh she let her fingertips run down the surface of the hardened tree bark and her body followed with it as she moved to the ground her knees the first to hit against the grass. With another soft sigh escaping her lips, hands dropping from the surface of the tree and tangling in the over grown blades of grass that folded beneath her knees. With a deep breath her eyes watched the darkness that surrounded her, as she listened to the man’s voice that seemed to echo from the furthest reaches of the Garden.

With a gentle smile on her face as she listened to his words, would it really depend on the heart? Or is it the mind that would break free beyond it? ’’Truly the heart only lies the secrets of the mind, and even the breaking solitude of anger and sadness could only hide the truest light if only but for a moment. The darkness over takes, yet can be so beautiful… So..Breath taking..’’ Her head craned and turned so her vision was slightly upside down as she stared across the Garden at Amato. She watched as the young man moved through the Garden only to find him standing where she had been but moments ago, lost in thought at the mercy of the roses.

Her smile grew once again on her lips as she watched him play with the roses, shifting so that she sat on the grass with her back against the tree trunk. Sleeve covered arms out stretched and wrapped around her bare knees, pulling them to her chest as her chin lain upon her knees. Her eyes only raising once more as she stared at the man once again that was across the Garden. ’’Amato, come sit with me a moment.’’ She spoke out to him across the Garden, only to let free one hand and pat the space of grass next to her beneath the tree, hidden from the moonlight.

10Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:38 pm

A small smile spread over his lips when she spoke of light shining through darkness, even for the briefest of moments. He knew this to be oh so true. Though the darkness... Can be all consuming. A constant battle of light and dark waged in the hearts of all. In many, the battle is one sided, either the light prevailing, which, from what he could tell of Miss Chevok was the case. Or darkness. And that too, he knew a perfect example of. Then there were others. and Amato could rightfully say that there was where he lay. Constantly he was faced with choices, constantly he felt as if he was being tested. He was in that gray area and it was yet to be seen where he would go. "But what is one to do... When the heart tells you one thing, and the mind something entirely different I wonder. How is one to know which is the right path to take?" He asked aloud, more so for himself than her though he did turn his head some, as if to gaze at her.

Nodding his head, the stem of a rose resting between ring and middle finger, pedals brushing his flesh before pulling away. He walked over to join her on the grass beneath the tree. Kurayami lifting from his shoulders to glide along the air, perching himself on a low hanging branch near where she sat. Amato's hands smoothed the long tails of his performers jacket as he fluidly lowered himself to the ground, legs folding beneath himself. "Have you ever had such a dilemma?" An eyebrow rose curiously, "Where you had two choices to choose from..." His hands rose in front of him, acting as a visual scale, one lowering while the other rose and vice versa. "On one hand, you could follow path A, not knowing where it would take you, but only knowing that it is the morally 'right' thing to do... And on the other hand, path B, you know exactly where it leads you, or at least you believe you do. But you must do something that others view as wrong? an act against nature, or god, or whatever they wish to call it?" The question of course, was asked in a hypothetical fashion. Subconsciously he was always judging... Calculating those around him. Were they friend or foe? 'Good or evil'?

Once more, the Raven's interest went back to the two of them, his head cocking from one side to the other, watching them. Or rather, her. Chuckling, Amato shook his head, hands dropping onto the soft green grass beneath them, "My apologies... You don't need to answer if you don't need to." He finally said after thinking over what he spoke over in his mind. Perhaps it was too blunt a discussion?

11Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Sitting in the grass, watching blades of leaves fall from the sky holding out her hand catching them one at a time. Listening to the way Amato spoke, like mysteries within rhymes speaking of hearts and minds like it was merely a chess game. Such a productivity to it more than just moving one foot infront of the other to follow certain paths. The light had so much to offer, but the darkness offered many more secrets and tempting tastes. Which this young man who now took a place at her side beneath the cool shade of the tree. With a soft smile caressing over her lips for a moment she leaned back against the tree letting her head tilt to the side as she looked over at the young man, watching his lips move as he spoke.

Sure, he was a strange one. From the bandage over his eyes, to the movement of the tails of material that hung from his wrists. She had a thousand questions for him, but held them in for fear that they might be slightly rude or too impulsive. She watched his facial features, only to raise her eyes up to the Raven that sat in the branches. He was the Overseer. The always looming, never brooding lord of the skies. What came next was his apology, almost shocking to her system as she straightened her body up from the tree once more. As he laid his hand down to the grass, she laid hers on top of his but only for a moment to reassure that his offer of conversation wasn’t weighing heavy on her heart.

’’The dilemma between the two sides, the two choices is always a difficult one. Even though one seems like the easy path, the path that leads to something better, perhaps its not the best for the person though…’’ She took in a deep breath and lifted her hands to her face, only to drag her fingertips through her hair pulling it out of her face. Then once again she turned to the young man on her side, she moved so she sat on her knees facing him. Her hands extended and grasped each side of the long tails of his performers jacket lifting the ends up in her hands. ’’In one hand, you have the beauty and knowledge of home, the comfort of knowing where your life stands…In the other you have dark secrets, mysteries and new opportunities around every corner.’’ She then closed her hands around the material of the tail ends and let her hands hide them. ’’Or you could go on with the rest of your life, not knowing what either side holds and continue on with but the voice of the wind at your back whispering sweet nothings…’’

With that she realized she was sitting all to close to this boy, her head raised up to look at the Raven wondering what it’s thoughts were on this sudden contact between the two people. With a deep breath she moved, letting go of the tail ends of his performers jacket and she settled back into her spot against the tree, letting a soft blush come across her cheeks as she stared at her hands that now began playing with grass blades. ’’So tell me Amato…Where did you get such a beautiful jacket?’’ There were hundreds of other questions that wanted to pour out after that one, but she bit against her lower lip to keep them inside.

12Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:58 am

Surprise washed over him as she lay her hand on top of his own. He was unaccustomed to such an act of kindness, no matter how small it was. Over the entire course of his life he could count how many people had shown him any on a single hand. Though he did not let the surprise show on his face Kurayami cocked his head to the side at her gesture. Apparently even he was shocked at the motion. A small smile appeared across his face as she grabbed the sleeves, manipulating his arms to act as scales. Usually he would not allow such a violation of his personal bubble. Though he felt as if he could trust her. She had the air of... Innocence, for a lack of a better word, about her.

Beauty and knowledge of home... He tried to think of such a place. But all of the places he had considered 'home' in the past were far from comfortable. The other hand however. Was something he was quiet familiar with. That was how he ended up here after all. The irony made him smile at how she explained it made him appear to be on the latter path. Though he had a feeling she may have been trying to show how the first was more preferable. "Sweet nothings hmm?" An eyebrow rose beneath the eyewrap, "Just close your eyes and keep walking?" No pun intended regarding his own sense of vision.

The raven continued to watch them. Curious about the blonde haired woman, seemingly unsure of what to think of her. The bird always seemed to act as his sense of judgment, deciding who was friend or foe. Generally foe, at least until he could choose otherwise. And Amato was rarely in one place long enough to switch his feathered companions opinion on someone. Rare indeed.

"Beautiful?" He asked, raising an arm, head tilting down to it, as if to inspect the garment in a new light. Actions like this often made people wonder whether he truly had sight. Wrap or no wrap. It was true the jacket was unique. The main piece being sleeveless in its design. The sleeves were actually held in place by fitted, intricately designed metal bands held around his biceps. The ends of the Sleeves extending further than his hands were, openings wide and deep. "I suppose it is..." He said softly. Shaking his head, a smile, void of joy spread over his lips. "It was given to me... In a place where no light ever dare try to shine else it be swallowed in an all consuming darkness..." His voice trailed to a whisper at the end and he was silent for a few moments. Wondering if he should explain further. Though he picked up on her wanting to ask more. A more friendly smile returned to his face. "Go ahead, I have no issue answering more questions." Chuckling, he continued, "I am sure you are quite curious about me. Most are, all others too afraid to ask." His hands fell to the grass, stroking the blades idly. "I will answer all you have to ask Miss Chevok. Do not hold back in fear of seeming to blunt."

13Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:54 am

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The way that his Raven looked at her, it’s head cocked to the side as it stopped ruffling with it’s feathers only made her smile. She took the silence’s advantage and lifted her hand up, waving with her fingers at the Raven before she returned her hand back to her lap where she was staring at them, like he had touched him with some golden truth, broken her little vow and actually laid hands upon him. With a deep breath her head tilted as he spoke, letting out a soft giggle when he said to close your eyes and keep walking. It was quite funny, but at the moment she didn’t know why until she realized he was the one with a bandage over his eyes. Then she felt but, but it was all in good humor so she didn’t hold a grudge against herself for long.

Her head tilted, when he spoke like what she said was untrue, it made her smile slightly. Had this boy really been locked away in a dark dungeon that long to not recognize beauty when he saw it? Her head shook from silly thoughts and her smile spread across her face as she watched him ‘’check’’ himself out, as if he could see through the bandages. There was nothing this boy couldn’t surprise her with, with a deep breath she leaned forwards, pulling her bare legs up to her chest and letting her head rest upon her knees gently as she continued to stare at the boy next to her. Watching the eccentric design of the jacket come alive, now she could see where patches of his skin shown through, the golden bangles to hold the sleeves in spot. It was quite the beautiful make and she was quite jealous that she had never seen such a think about it before.

Then when he made it apparent that her curiosity was oozing out like some sort of liquid she couldn’t help but giggle. Her hands quickly slapping over her mouth as she did this, it was quite a childish giggle that she didn’t want to expose to anyone just yet. But this young man was quite a compliment against herself. Her head shook only slightly as her eyes fell to watch his hands play with the grass, just as she had done moments ago. ’’Please, Miss Chevok is too formal. Just call my Mary-Lynn, or Mary. Which ever you prefer.’’ This may have been shocking, due to her being a teacher she was always used to hearing her name professionally and in all actuality, she was getting quite sick and tired of it. She wanted just one normal friend, someone who wouldn’t look at her like she was this teacher ready to grade and fix errors. She was just a student of the stars, wishing to do the same unto others.

’’Well…For one… Why does your Raven hold so very close? Is he your guardian? Your eyes? Your beating heart?....Another thing… ‘’ She reached over, only to gently grasp onto a tail of the bandage that was wrapped around his face. ’’Are you one who can not see? Or one that can not see in this world, but can see in others? …. What has tainted such a handsome face to become defiled by a single thread?’’ Her fingers slowly swept from the boys enclosure, once again folding into her lap as her face blushed with embarrassment of being so close to him.

14Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 pm

He smiled as she told him to address her using her first name and gave her a formal bow of his head, "Very well, Mary-Lynn it is..." Chuckling, he wasn't very shocked at the request. After all, he was never familiar with the particulars regarding the student teacher roles aside from the fact that teachers taught, students learned. This would probably be the first school he actually attended. A sad fact to be sure though Amato was not lacking in intelligence. At the mention of himself, the raven glided down from his branch perch and landed on his more familiar resting spot. Amato's shoulder more interested in the conversation since he was part of the topic.

Smiling, Amato scritched along the Raven's throat Idly. "I guess you could say... A and B if this was a multiple choice question." He let out a soft laugh, his head shaking some. At first he was unsure how much to reveal. Early in life he learned not to trust. But... this was supposed to be a new beginning for him. A new life. "Kurayami shares his vision with me since mine is now nonexistent... Everything he see's, I see. That in itself I guess, you could say makes him my guardian as well. Along side his pessimistic nature..." Though soon, the subject moved to the purpose of the wrap over his eyes.

The smile and mirth disappeared from his face, a hand rose, fingers brushing over the cloth. "Not a what, but a who... A man named Drakar. Though many consider him more demon than man... When he see's something he likes, he takes it." There was a moments silence, a shiver running down his spine. "He liked my eyes." A sigh escaped his lips, tracing over the part that hid now scarred and empty sockets. "And once he has claimed something. Your considered his. Forced into servitude, to be used and held captive with his most loyal of followers as guards." He left the rest unsaid. If she asked further, he would answer. But he did not want to reveal something that she did not want to hear.

15Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The fluttering of wings caught her attention once more, it wasn’t surprising with the Raven just over head something they had said must have made it curious once again. Carefully Mary-Lynn knelt into the cushiony grass and sat on the backs of her shins and heel. One arm stretched out, covering over one knee as the other arm folded and hung onto the back of her bicep. Her head tilted only slightly watching as this Raven once again took to Amato’s shoulder again a slight smirk grazed itself across her lips as those almost bright golden hues watched ever so carefully.

There wasn’t a moment she wanted to overlook, everything had its reason and so did the Raven. Kurayami, that’s right she didn’t catch how to say it properly the first time but she listened intently, leaning forwards slightly and pushing a bit of her weight against her knee through the hand. So she was somewhat correct on her guess, but in a whole different sense from what she actually thought would happen. Still she smiled, yes it was a horrible thing but now he had the vision of the skies and what a ‘bird eye view’ that would be.

’’So a navigator you’ve become little bird… With such a bold attitude … My what tales he must have to tell…’’ Her vision sauntered from the curious Raven upon Amato’s shoulder once again and began in taking on the Garden that surrounded them once again. It was such a beautifully hidden little retreat with such an intense smell of growing things. Then her attention was again brought back to Amato as he spoke again, this time she let her head tilt slightly to the left with her shoulder raised as if it was going to drop there. It was disturbing that there were people in the world still with such a mass amount of power that it was breaking over the fold of insanity. Still it was a reminder of how the world had changed over the last turn of the century, or so she thought.

The conversation he shared with her, yes she wanted to know not her fault that curiosity took hold on the senses so tightly. It was a bit hard to swallow down, but it was something she had known was going to come into context soon enough. There was always darkness and evil in the world, and yet she just avoided everything like it was the plague anyways. Always she stuck with just staring at the stars, once she had let herself trifle with the ends of no return and it was something she had let herself fall out of and back to a hobby that kept her mind busy. Yet, being in Caislin Hallows, it was strange for her such a quiet little place tucked away in the hills. Yes the towns were growing into something more fashionable for the ages but it still wasn’t like being in the middle of a city on a cloudy night.

Quickly her head shook only slightly, causing a few blonde strands to fall across her face and claim position against her forehead and cheek bones at last. A deep breath, exhaled through her nose as she let her vision rise up once again to play against Amato’s face. The bandage was quite a thing to have across the face, it seemed quite aged and worn in some spots from where she was sitting. ’’So he took with no remorse, or thought of consequence… Just claimed as he wanted and let those around him suffer…’’ Her voice loomed with more of a relaxed tone, yet darker tone than she had let on before-hand.

’’Yet you are still here Amato, so that has proven enough of yourself for anything I could think of, with all the darkness you’ve encountered I’m sure doing a bit of gardening and pruning would be a breeze for you, especially since the deep scent of them are very alluring.’’ With that her smile returned to her face once again, wrapping in the moonlight with every grasp. The gold of his arm bands holding the sleeves on his arms caught her eye, the small shine within what moonlight made it through the

16Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:10 pm

A sad smile spread over his lips, fingers curling, gripping the grass firmly between the digits. "It's not just that he took with no remorse or consequence. He believes in neither. To him they are merely words. And you could toss in kindness, love and righteousness in there as well. And any other word that involves a moral act." He shook his head, letting out a small sigh. "The man has a soul blacker than black. I spent years under his thumb..." His voice grew soft, as if his mind was lost in thoughts and memories but he continued on. "He made us performed in front of people. Families, lovers, sons and daughters. Just ordinary people. They all thought it was amazing tricks. Sleight of hand, mist and mirrors. But what we did was real. The blood... Screaming. The death."

He turned his head to her, as if looking into her very soul. "I was forced to torture... To bring pain and kill. All before Kurayami came to me. He made sure I knew every bit of the human body in vital detail. If I missed and killed before I was supposed to..." He left the rest unsaid, letting her use her imagination on the punishment. Even that would spare her the most twisted of details. After all, what else could a man, someone willing to rip out a persons eyes just because they fancied them, do to a person? Amato knew. And so did countless others that were in the Circus before him. And so will all those who will come after him.

’’Yet you are still here Amato, so that has proven enough of yourself for anything I could think of, with all the darkness you’ve encountered I’m sure doing a bit of gardening and pruning would be a breeze for you, especially since the deep scent of them are very alluring.’’

"I wonder if I truly am here in all honesty." He said aloud, "I sometimes go to sleep wondering if this is nothing but a dream. And when I wake up in the morning I will be back in that hell hole." A deep sigh escaped his lips, head shaking as his grip on the grass laxed. Finally a smile, small as it was, appeared across his lips. "But if this is reality. Perhaps you are right. Gardening would be a nice way to relax and forget about the worries and darkness of the world." His head fell backwards, face seemingly staring up past the foliage of the tree above them and into the starry sky beyond. "This place will be a new start for me. Hopefully a better start, but any kind I would accept at this point."

17Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Listening ever so carefully that it looked like she was going to fall forwards from her kneeling position beside Amato. Her attention didn’t waiver as he spoke of his past, this one being of evil someone that was filled with so much dark desire that she had started to think of it as the beginning of a terrible story telling. When he turned to look at her, she almost jumped from the sudden shift of visuals. She felt like almost crumbling right there in front of him, the bandage across his eyes taunting her with a vision she will never see. It was like, sitting in front of a mirror that you wanted to reach out and touch, bending and curving from every chance. Perhaps this is what they meant by the blackest skies never see the brightest mornings.

The thoughts he left her with, visions of such horrific things taking place overcoming all the obstacles just to be tossed back into the prison pen. She watched his actions, ever so carefully, admiring the strength but also letting curiosity over take her as she sat and watched as he moved, the sigh he let out, the grip on the grass. She could only sit in wonderment that this man kept on going even though there was such a dark path put before him, and now he was here. Where the ages of darkness and light fought every day, where even the town folk had split themselves up and became a small army for each of their meanings.

A soft sigh escaped from Mary-Lynn as she let her body lean to the side and finally fall against the grass letting her shoulder hit against the tree trunk once again as she looked around at the garden. It really did need someone to sit and take care of it, so nourish and cherish it. But like any growing thing, they demanded these things. Still her eyes moved across the moon light Garden, back to the mysteriously strange boy that sat at her side. Carefully she lifted her hand, watching as his head fell back against the tree, only to move her hand to gently lay over his once again. So much anger, reliving hateful memories at darkest moments. Gently her hand laid against his, only to curl her fingers around his hand and allow a small squeeze to shift through her hand onto his. ’’A new life in a new home, with unfamiliar faces… It will be a better start if you let it, and a beautiful Garden awaits the gentle touch that can come from…’’ Her voice quieted for a moment as she gripped onto his hand to lift it up, holding his palm up.’’Careful, caring hands…’’ Her hand didn’t hold onto his anymore, but still held it up in the softened moonlight.

18Where Wandering Spirits Collide Empty Re: Where Wandering Spirits Collide Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 pm

There was much more to his past that he left unsaid to be sure. One of which was his escape from that proverbial hell hole. Why hadn't he attempted it in the past? Or, if he did, what made this time so successful. Amato had tried to flee the Circus many times throughout his now blinded life. But He had been no match for the skill and abilities of those who ensured that all remained captive. In fact, if it wasn't for them finally pushing him over the brink, he would still be there today. That, he was sure of.

Kurayami and, through him, Amato watched as Mary-Lynn took his hand in hers. He felt her give it an almost reassuring squeeze before speaking and lifting it up, almost to cup the moon in the sky. As she did this, the deep hanging sleeve slid down his forearm to the crook of his elbow. Revealing black cloth strapped around the wrist and halfway u the length of flesh. Three slender 'spikes' of metal, color the same was their holsters, gleaming in the soft light of the moon. With the top of his head still pressed against the bark so his sightless gaze was pointed upwards, he turned, his face titling towards her. "Careful for sure... Caring is yet to be seen..." He said, the corners of his lips turned u ever so slightly. "They've never been considered 'Caring' before. But I guess theres a first time for everything." He gave a light shrug of his shoulders, a rolling motion he was accustomed to.

Amato was surprising uncaring if she noticed the weapons. It was obvious he meant her no harm. And given his past he assumed that it was to be expected for the blind man to carry some sort of protection on him. Aside from his feather friend of course. If she was to what they were, he would tell her. No point in calling a cat a dog when anyone could tell what it really was. A weapon was a weapon, what they were used for defined the person, not that they had them. At least, that was what he believed. Even as he tried to forget that the bo-shuriken were forever tainted by the blood of the presumed innocent. "Besides... I'm sure Kurayami would like a lace to rest when he is in a fit with me over one thing or another." He said, trying to lighten the somber mood that followed after he spoke of his past. The raven even gave a Call in response.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum