Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Decorations and Sweet Treats. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Decorations and Sweet Treats.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Decorations and Sweet Treats. Empty Decorations and Sweet Treats. Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:08 am

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

It was that time of year again, and Chevok couldn’t wait until the final lapse of cycles through space until the stars she had missed all summer came back. But for everyone else, it was that time of year again. Christmas. Yes, the time of decorations, annoying tinsel and music so bland that you just had to puke. Still, we all loved it and couldn’t wait for that one reason that Christmas also gives us. Presents. But that meant shopping and wrapping, tape and misplaced name tags and secret Santa’s. Grinning from ear to ear like some mischievous Sprite Chevok with arms full of LED lights, a small plastic Christmas tree standing off to the side of the Telescopic Lab which was frilled with lights, tinsel and silver and red giant bulbs. The pathway leading up to the building had different colored walk-way lights flashing in multi-unison to an unheard beat.

The small woman was on top of a ladder, leaned against the side of the building with no real safety features being used. Leaning out, and using some ‘’Stickons-PullOff’s’’ she hung the LED lights around the door frame entering her class. A soft silver color with a dark blue echoing through a few of the lights. The ladder tilted and leaned as she moved and tried to get the entirety of the top of the doorway so she wouldn’t have to climb back up. (Lazy!!) As she finished the last hang, she quickly slid down the ladder and hit the ground with a gentle thud. She moved the ladder to the side of the building, keen on putting a few lights around the window as well, wondering if that’d bother the natural lighting in the class room. Then again it was winter so as soon as the snow fell it’d be awfully bright at night with the moonlight.

Dropping the hammer into a box filled with more lights, nails and a few other little Christmas knick knacks she decided to take a little break. Quickly slipping inside, she reached around the small side table near the door and grabbed her coffee mug and then slipped back outside. Holding the mug in both hands she walked down the path until she reached the end by a road recently concreted to lead to the main road of Caislin Hallows entry. She turned on spot and looked at the building she was to teach in, and carefully inspected the entire building, wondering what would be appropriate for the small building, and how much she could get away with before it became tacky. Still her silver, red and soft shades of blue looked delicate and rich against the white marble building.

She didn’t know why she put so much effort into fixing up a light set for Christmas, or for that matter, even put up a Christmas. Probably a piece missing from her life that she had secretly missed, or was just so instinctive in her blood that she had to just continue on even without harassers egging her on. Without any further knowledge she just simply enjoyed the colors of lights, the way you can make the designs in trees and the classic looks that could be re-lived only during these winter months with the light cover of snow touching small patches everywhere, and tops of trees.

’’Oh Christmas…’’ Her head shook slightly, long blonde locks bouncing around her shoulders and against her face as she stared into the vast space above her head. Perhaps there was more to Christmas than just stars and lights, then again how would she know stuck teaching every Christmas and visiting her family. A shudder ran through the thinly frame as her hips cocked to one side and forced her body to rock with it and seemingly lean against nothing as arms crossed under her bosom. A stranger sight, Chevok wore pants for the first time in a long time. Suitably fitting dress pants that hugged her waist and thighs then fanned out across her feet to bury them in cloth. A black dress shirt with a silver insignia that was undetermined by distance, didn’t hug any less than the pants she wore.

It had been a strange trip for her the past summer, visiting family she thought she had left and finding new and strange facts about things that were happening while she was gone. Perhaps she had grown cold, but it wasn’t apparent to her, or really to anyone else at that. With all the excitement she bore, the smile that was always pressed smoothly against plumped lips. Only now when those thoughts crossed her mind, came that stern unforgiving look, casted away into the darkness of the night as she faded from reality and into her mind for a few moments, seemingly enjoying the cascading lights of blue and silver.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum