Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Tue May 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

((PLEASE do not enter this thread until you have PMed Tristan to join the class, and he has granted permission))

The survival class was listed up on the cork boards around the school and on a few bulletin boards in the dormitory. It didn't exactly say what it was but truthfully with all the property this school offered plus the meeting place in a gazebo out in the woods it was pretty obvious what it was. Or at least what it was set up to sound like. A note was attached to all the fliers for interested parties to fill out a certain form in he office and leave it for Mr Shadwynn with the office staff. But when a student looked over said paper work other then a strange vacant place near the top under their name it was a standard non disclosure and CYA form. Basically stating that the students were not supposed to talk about the class and of course that the school could not be sued in case of any strange happenstances during the class.

All in all slightly odd but not so odd as to be out of synch with anything else in this college. So the school wanted to make certain if a student got lost in the woods and eaten by wolves that their butts were covered. Big deal right... it wasn't like there was going to be anything strange that would happen in a class about camping and fishing right? Though Why the teacher would need the clothing sizes and measurements of interested students was a little strange. On the appointed day the fliers had all been removed. Though Some of the students that had requested to join the class would have had Package delivered to their rooms the morning class began.

Inside was a simple Brass Compass, a map, and an odd little velvet bag. Inside the Velvet Bag was a palm sized Quartz Crystal, and no instructions. Inside the folded up map was a single slip of paper that told the students the class began promptly at11:37 AM. And had a warning that the students not be “late”.. as for anything they were supposed to bring on this approximately mile long hike through the woods surrounding the campus nothing was listed.

The good news would be of course that it was a nice warm Irish morning. And there were not many clouds threatening anything in the sky. Though once one got more then fifty feet into the trail the sky would be eclipsed entirely by the tree canopy over head. The trail it self started out easy to walk, and in-fact about five feet wide. However after the first half mile the trial started to thin out, and the last quarter mile it barely existed any more. However there had never been a single turn off of this path.

With the last quarter mile deteriorating into barely more than a game trial it was likely no surprise to find that the trail would eventual vanish entirely. However it at least had the politeness to do so within sight of A Gazebo, but surely this run down over grown building was not where the class was going to be being held was it? The weeds and grasses were soft sure, but nearly three and four feet high. The roof of the building had seemed to have fallen or blown off through out the years and several trees were growing so close to it it was bound to be unsafe.

And yet there was a soft lilting tune being played from a flute in the area. If one were to move in close enough to the old tattered and torn building there was nothing there, but the music was unmistakably coming from the building itself. Magically one might say.

((Okay notes to players. Any forms of heightened senses if used would detect a very strange scent in the area, not human, but it would hold traces of the school about it and leather. If anyone had an extremely heightened nose there is even the trace amount of lavender in the scent, possibly a perfume or maybe from shampoo. There are NO foot prints to be found anywhere however the grasses have been moved and the ground disturbed, something has been through her recently. However the scent has been all over this area and is nearly impossible to track down outside of this meadow, and doesn't leave it ever...

I am not going to require everyone to include the information about the path and the trail in their posts to enter this thread but I would prefer it be noted everyone basically came from the same direction as there is only one path. If you wish to get together and enter in groups please feel free to do so. If there are any students that join the thread with a understanding of magic they can easily conclude there is magic in the area, and a high amount of it, but like with the scent the source is tricky to identify any closer then the gazebo. Currently I am not going to bother with any form of posting order in this thread in the hopes to keep it alive and faster paced, but there will be one coming. By no means should anyone feel forced to wait for me.

My posts until Tristan enters will be purely for describing the scenery and any happenings that go on that are not player driven. Remember its nearly noon, or should be close, and the sun is shining brightly. This means just like the picture there are many shrubs, and trees but not many shadows. One final note, if anyone tries to climb the Gazebo there will be a lot of fussing groaning and creaking of wood, but it is seemingly stronger then should be expected and will not fall down.))

Please if you have any questions PM or IM me))))

http://www.freewebs.com/phydoux/

2-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Thu May 13, 2010 2:43 am

Zoey wandered down the path toward the gazebo following the winding path as it cut through the forest. She had the things that had been given her in the the package in a small leather pouch at her waist. She was silent as she walked through the forest toward the meeting for the classroom. Her entire being attuned to the forest and listening for danger should any come. She flicked her golden gaze toward the sky and inhaled the cool air. She felt as if she had been walking for hours but knew it hadn't been that long. She finally came to the Gazebo and fell in love with the sight of the ancient building immediately. She smiled and let her hands trail over it. She breathed deep and her senses flared picking up on the small hint of leather and perhaps lavender. The smell was familiar but she didn't know where it came from. She knew she would never find it. She found a comfortable are to sit and waited patiently for the teacher and others to come.

3-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Mon May 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

Two options he had for today. Two very... ugly options. The first one involved planting dynamite around the entrances of the dungeon just in case the rat humanoid creatures decided to come back. The other one was to actually goto class for once. Tempting... tempting. Well since he didn't have any tnt or plastic explosives nearby, he decided to take the other route by falling outside the castle about a little before 10 that morning. Although he heard it was a survival class, he had no idea what was in store or what the hell he should bring. On the morning of the venture, he was given a package full of garbage that he just shoved into his cargo pockets. Fun stuff. A rock in a fancy bag and a compass that should be put into storage somewhere. Fun. He highly doubted that both of which had any real inclination towards survival. The compass, at least, having some relative use out in the wild.. but since the compass was brass and looked 'fancy' he doubted the longevity of the object.

Still he didn't complain as he packed his own set of tools for the 'survival... whatever' that was in store for him.

Before he even left his dormitory, he did an inventory check of his essentials. Canteen of water, check. Small medical kit, check. Survival Knife, check. Hidden knives.... check. a REAL compass, check. A small knick-knack bag of goodies, check. A fully wrapped food bar, check. A map of the grounds, double check. Gloves, check. 7.62 plus 2 extra mags... all of these items tucked away in his small utility army belt he was carrying.

Instead of going all out military style, he instead went with the battered T-shirt, camo-pants + belt with all his goodies in store for the day. If one thing was for certain, he always came prepared for whatever he would meet. He highly doubted he would use his firearm in a situation like this, but he just preferred to be safer than sorry. Besides, 3 mags was nothing to goto war with. It was 'extreme light duty'. The gun holster was exposed, since he was wearing a thin t-shirt, but he didn't care. Not as if they cared when Gunnar ran around with his 6 shooters. If they gave him shit, he would show 'em whats up.

The trail was long, but it wasn't boring. The scent in the air, the hover of the birds, it was a rather cool for the noon air with a light breeze that glistened through the trees. It kept his head cool and prevented him from sweating out of his ears. Still, he pressed on in those leather commando boots that he spit shined for the days of use like this one. He didn't keep his presence quiet, as he preferred to be heard by nearby trespassers like himself. Most creatures are as scared of humans as he was of them. As long as he kept his peace, they would avoid him as well. Besides, he doubted a wolf or fox would attack him out in the open like this. Best to wait for night when his senses were not as sharp and the fear etching down his spine.

It wasn't long until he lost sight of the track when he caught wind of the gazebo nearby. "Perfect..." A soft voice would say. "A creepy tent in the middle of the Forest. Fun stuff." It wasn't until he was ontop of the 'camp area' when he saw a young girl from the office that day.

"Yo." He would just give her a wave, nothing more... nothing less. Trecking past her to survey the surroundings. Where-ever the 'teacher' was, he was probably close by. No sense hiding in the trees... Riley would ponder, he kept his eyes up when he was in a place like this. Checking his time, he noticed that it was 11:30. 7 til the required time. Well, at least he as early, let alone on time.

4-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Tue May 18, 2010 12:22 am

Zoey rasied a perfectly arched brow toward the direction of the snapping of twigs and the soft voice she heard talking suddenly. She saw the young man from earlier in the day and sighed softly to herself. She bowed her head to him politely as he said 'Yo' to her and she waved back to him. She was sitting on a railing leaning agaisnt a post for the gazebo as she watched him survery the surrounding area. "Hello to you again..Riley wasn't it?"she asked him lightly as her golden eyes watched him. She knew that she was safe with him alone. He had no interest in someone like her. She simply watched him with mild interest and hoped that perhaps she would at least have someone to talk to besides herself and the animals around her. A fox came out of hiding near the gazebo and she smiled at him lightly as she slid from the railing landing silently and bending with her hand outstretched to him. "Well hello there Kodo...I was wondering where you had gotten off to."she said softly to him as he came over and rubbed his head on her hand.

5-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Fri May 21, 2010 1:38 am

Logan MacConnell

Logan MacConnell
Bronze
Bronze

After his completed workout, Logan went back to his dorm for some R&R, but there was another option. The option that he hasn’t even realized yet, but he was neglected to choose until now; nonetheless, it would be exciting to actually come to class for once. He heard that there is a survival class. A survival class, huh. A class about survival; how intriguing. Deciding to enroll on this venture, he didn’t know what was in store for him. On the morning of the class took place, he has just got out of the shower, put on some fresh clothes, and stretched for a couple of minutes. He received the so-call package: a meager brass compass, a map, and a small velvet bag that contains a small crystal. Doesn’t know why he have these thing, but he has to bring this bag to class.

He carries the same survival knife not inside his coat pocket, but he keeps it hidden in its sheath on his left leg for protection. Now, he wonders if he should bring his nodachi or not, but since this is survival class, might as well bring it anyways. Besides, his blade is sheathed and can act like a cane for the journey. His attire: basically his orange shirt and blue jean that goes down to his ankles with black leather belt around his waist to hold up his pants. He has his white socks and combat boots on both of his feet. He straps his combat knife w/sheath hidden above his left ankle. That shackle still worn around his right wrist as a reminder that he’s not alone on this, including his notepad with pen inside his pants pocket for communication and taking notes; besides, he didn’t seem to care about this, but all and all; this class might get interesting.

It was a nice warm day to say at least, going on a trail that seems simple and normal at a time. Feeling a nice breeze, while listening to the birds chirping and the nearby animals are taking a good look at him. Logan looks down at those animals with a hint of glare with those teals before continuing on. His hands firmly grasps on to the hilt of the blade while his other hand carries the velvet bag. After the first half mile, he noticed that the trial growing thinner and thinner until there wasn’t any trail left.

However, thanks to his heightened nose, his nose flared up and smelled something fresh, but where? The smell, a hint of lavender, but does this smell leads somewhere? Highly doubt it, but he needs to be careful just in case. Still, with the trail gone from sight, he has caught a sight of the gazebo, but from the looks of it looks pretty abandoned like the church. A brow was raised by that assumption as he turns his attention to the two people that came before him: one who he is familiar with, and the one he’s not familiar with. First, he turns his attention to Riley for a few moments before looking at the other individual, who is female, is probably playing with the fox, so it’s best to leave them alone for now. Besides, they are probably his ‘classmates’ for this class. Logan keeps his distance from them, while looking around the surroundings to the origin of the smell of lavender.

http://roleplay-chars.webs.com/logansevillemacconnell.htm

6-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Sat May 22, 2010 11:00 am

Ravyn sensed the other person and her fox jumped up onto her shoulder as she stood up to get a look at that other student. The fox wrapped its tail around her neck and watched the young man. "Hello to you...Don't bother trying to find the source of lavender. It's in the air it surrounds the place but there is no lavender. I am Zoey Redbird."she said as she stood slightly away from him not wanting to make him feel like she was in his space. He was a handsome young man.

She herself was dressed in cargo pants that fit to herself and a tank top with a leather jacket wrapped around her. Her long black hair was pulled back in a ponytail but it still danced around her face as a lavender scented breeze danced around her mixing with her rose scented perfume and causing it to create a sweet and earthy scent that danced around the two of them.

7-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Tue May 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

Tristan was safe and watching his students as they slowly made it to the place he had chosen to run his class, or at least start his class. One girl, Zoey Redbird, according to what the school files had on her she was a lycanthrope. A Were-tiger to be more specific. A more rare, but equally as powerful breed of Shifter. He wondered if she understood the concept of the class with how she cam dressed. The pants and jacket were sensible, but she brought nothing else. Perhaps she thought today was going to be a dry run and the handing out of the syllabus. Well at least she came.

The next one in the meadow was Riley Simmons. His file was harder to get access to, and a far grimmer read. Tristan had never heard of the “incident” but it was not hard to dig up information in the archives and with a bit of help from the world wide web. It was a wholly gruesome ordeal. One that Trist preferred not to think about with a connection to a youth. Such evil and trauma, it was no wonder the boy seemed to daze off into his own world. This one hadn't given him the best hand, in fact if what he read was correct it had taken one form him. Form the looks of things, trouble had turned Riley into a boy scout. Sure he might not follow the code, or have the silly blue uniform on .. but he held true to the motto “always be prepared”. Tristan was ready to test that.

Last but not least into the clearing was Logan MacConnell. A Were-wolf, and a Scotland native. His history the school either didn't have, or didn't allow Tristan to get a full read on. He wasn't sure which. With the vast resourced that Miss Cosgair seemed to have he likely viewed it as the latter. But that didn't stop him form finding out some information. Just not as much as he had wanted. Tristan wouldn't have to see him draw his weapons, but much as he knew Riley was armed, so was Logan. It seemed two of them took 'Survival' in the correct direction. For a moment he felt Badly about what he was going to do. But in the long run he knew it was dog eat dog out there. And these kids were not the children his kind grew attached over. These were more than that... they'd survive. Or not.

From the Gazebo somewhere a voice started out. A thick Irish accent that was smooth as molasses, and powerful as a choir drifted into the meadow form a sourceless place. And it seemed to come form right and left, above and below. Tristan knew how to work his Illusionist magic well. And this showed that. “Survival” The voice said. “The act or process of surviving. The FACT of having survived.” slowly the other voices would filter out and leave only one, but it didn't lose any of its hidden power. “Caislin Hallows, a school for gifted and unique students. A Place seemingly forgotten by time and lost in a fairy tale” Now only one voice would remain, and no doubt the student body would all soon be looking up to the roof of the twisted Gazebo to see whom it belonged to. And Tristan would give them a rare glimpse of his true self.

“Nothing is as it seems, and here Everything should lead you to a question” He stood before the class, well above them on the gazebo roof, in leather breaches, a dark red silk swordsman's shirt. A double wrapped belt that held a sword to his left hip and a long ornate dagger to his right. He wore armored bracers about his wrists and greaves on his shins. Black leather gloves with polished metal gauntlets protected the back sides of his hands, and fingers. 11:37 precisely chimed if anyone had set an alarm and he spoke again “This is the survival class, and I am your instructor. Tristan Shadwynn. As I have defined the word survival to you. And you have seen how I am dressed I shall assume that you are no longer placing this class in the realm of woodland trips, and camping events that will get an orienteer an easy grade.”

“This class shall serve many things, but by no means shall it be an easy grade.” Tristan didn't have his seeming on at all. Before the students he stood in his true form. Unbelievably long elvish ears at the sides of his head. Long elvish war braids bearing feathers, beads, and other trinkets were tied back expertly and into a ponytail at the back of his head. It if wasn't for the jewelery in his hair or the one long braid hanging free in-front of his right ear it could have been taken as he had perfectly manicured dreadlocks. “None of you here has had an easy life. That is why of all the applicants you were selected for this class.” He slowly made eye contact with those below him as he spoke “ Your parents are not doctors and lawyers. You did not get into this school because you can afford it, or through connections made by those that took care of you.”

“You came to this school because of your varied unique natures. And those natures are why this is the class for you.” Tristan smiled and he seemed to vanish mid step as he was leaving the roof of the gazebo. But in fact he was dispelling his illusions and allowing his real self, which looked identical to the illusion on the roof, be visible. It was an odd place change, but the teacher that was above, now moved out form the gazebo as if he had teleported there. “I am likely not going to become your friend, you are not likely to appreciate the means in which I teach my lessons. But if you do indeed stay with this class you will one day look back and understand exactly Why I did to you what I am going to do, and you will under stand why I had to do it as I did.”

“Now, I know you likely have questions. But I cannot answer some of them. I will not tell you this classes goal, how it will be taught, or where it will be each day. I will tell you now that is WILL be hard, and likely even though there are only three right now, that one of you will not pass.” tristan smiled and looked at the students again. “Please. If you have any questions now, ask them. If you have any doubts leave. And if you are ready step into my office” He bowed slightly and motioned towards the gazebo behind him.

(((AND note time again. Class is beginning, it is now after the designated start time, please include that in your post if you are not here yet. If your character is extremely attentive you might notice the inscription above the entry into the gazebo. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens”... and since it would not be a class taught by Tristan without a pinch more magic.)))

After setting foot into the Gazebo hope you have quick reflexes. As the world will suddenly shift and contort, nasuea is likely, after falling about eight inches you will find your surroundings changed significantly. No longer are you in the forest clearing, nor does the new place seem to be at all like the old one. It is cooler, easily in the forties, and there is a light wind that makes it even less pleasant. The smell of burning wood however drifts in form behind you and the old ruined house you just fell of the front steps of has a nice fire burning ins its hearth, the only part of the house that looks stable mind you. Around you is a large clearing and valley. But it should be very clear base don the flora that this is not a place near the schools grounds in the slightest.

There are neither any present animals, or cellular reception. This twilight zone inspired house does have several pluses however if one inspects them. In the southwest corner of the room is a stack of provisions and a few barrels of liquids, (Water) blankets are stored in plain view on top of the crates labeled in manners that make you think food resides with in (sadly its all canned food, or dried goods) there is cookware near the hearth... and your instructor is not here to get angry at. A note nailed to the hearth on aged parchment reads simply “Here there be dragons”

It would seem class has begun.

(You will have to forgive me one of these links will not work as an image, so both are links instead of displayed pictures... Sorry, please click them for visual reffernce. One last note, the magic that 'sent' you here is not thankless, and will arrange to make certain no student falls on another. Sadly the dog piles will have to come later.

The building you seemed to have fallen out of

the insides, please envision it a little bit cleaner however. Since a fire in THAT hearth wold be catastrophic....

8-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Wed May 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

Keeping his eyes searching, he decided it was best to let it be. If the 'teacher' of the class wanted to be found, then he would show himself when the time was right. It didn't bother Riley that the man wasn't there, it just bothered him that the teacher could probably see him but he can't see the teacher. It was a reversal effect of power that Riley hated be on the wrong side of. It ate at him slightly, causing him to feel the 'excess energy' of nervousness running across his veins. He didn't want to look like he was wigging out on the first day, so instead he whipped out his survival knife and started to 'sharpen' away at the blade.

Although Rile had the means of acquiring many adverse knives and styles, Riley just preferred the simple 80's jungle knife style. Coated with a dark green smear, Riley's survival knife was built around two possible scenarios while keeping the owner in mind. On one side was a sleek blade that ranged from the tip all the way down to the hilt of the 9 inch blade. On the back side was jarred edges near the middle to the base of the grip. These jarred edges were designed to hack away at small limbs and cut down rope. 'Teeth' in other words. As the seconds drawn closed to the event, Riley took out a wet stone and poured water onto the rock from his canteen. With slow strokes, he continued to sharpen the blade side of the knife at an angle... whittling down any scuffs or scratches he may have acquired. This soothed his senses for a little while, bringing his anxiousness down to safer paranoia levels. His mind working towards one goal, his eyes soften and relaxed.

When he would see Logan entering the 'playground' he would merely nod towards the man in respect for his surroundings. He wanted to stay focused, and it would seem Logan, at the very least, felt the same way as Riley. Being in unknown territory. The feeling of being hunted. Those kinds of thoughts could drive a man insane.

And as the clock struck 11:37, the mystery man appeared as if out of thin air. Instead of coming out of the wood works, the 'teacher' decided to appear ABOVE the damn gazebo. Sighing deeply, it took all of Riley's mental effort to not drop the stone and knife he was using. If the man wanted to use parlor tricks, let em be. No sense ruining the man's fun. But he did listen, even if his eyes were adverted from the teacher's immediate gaze. It was as if Riley just kept the man in his peripherals. Watching for any sudden movements.

As the man came to a close, Riley was the first one to step up and just give it a go. "Why the hell not..." He would say nonchalantly. No sense waiting for more than an invitation. If he didn't come here expecting the crazed inevitable, then he might as well pack his bags for the states. It was weird, getting used to things like this... but this is how the school was run. These spectacles. These whimsical events. These were the things that kept the blood flowing.

Sheathing the knife and placing the stone in his side poncho, he would be the first to take a step into the dreaded gazebo.

Instantly, he would regret playing first bait.

As the world shifted around him, Riley immediately went into a tuck roll routine. Keeping his mouth shut so that he didn't lose his tongue, he merely gazed ahead as he put himself into the spiral. But as he only fell 8 inches, he merely landed on his ass in a hard sickening notion. "..." Feeling the heat from behind, he merely took a few steps forward and rotated in place. Staying low to the ground, he would notice that the same place they popped out of... had a fire nearby. A blazing red fire. Shaking off his own insecurities, he merely stood and sighed deeply. "Damn it... now where the hell am I?" Deciding it was best to not just 'roll with it', he merely took a look around at his surroundings.

Instead of taking off, he decided to wait to see if the next person would come through. No sense wandering off without the say so from the teacher. But as he found a sign nearby, he read it aloud with a hint of awkward satisfaction "Here there be dragons..." Perfect. Fun. Exciting. Doesn't he wish he was still in bed this early in the morning?

9-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Wed May 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Ravyn didn't seem to be well protected and she certainly didn't seem to have come prepared. She had plenty of well hidden specially made weapons however that she could use perfectly well. She licked her bottom lip and turned toward the entracing voice that spoke to them. She would have recognised it anywhere. It was the tall handsome man from the Office when she had been registering for school. She raised a perfectly arched brow and continued to pet Kodo calmly as she watched the man talk. She had felt the magic he used as glamour but she hadn't known he would be just as magnificent in his true form if not more in the hidden one he showed everyone. She set Kodo on the ground as she listened to him. The fox whimpered lightly not liking the man at all but she knelt and told him to go. She would be fine. She was a survivor and always had been. This course would not be easy she had already known what the man was saying and it mattered not to her. She would not hate him at all.

She watched Riley step through the opening and then followed him not long after. She felt the magic caress over her sensitive skin and she felt her stomach lift lightly from the movement of it. She surveyed her surroundings as she stood from her kneeling position and went to stand before the hearth.

10-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Thu May 27, 2010 1:10 am

Logan MacConnell

Logan MacConnell
Bronze
Bronze

That smell, its here and everywhere, but can’t seems to track it as if it was meant to be. It must be his imagination playing tricks on him. He keeps his distance as his sword is raised, his hand firmly grips on the sheath with his other hand takes hold on the hilt. Slowly but surely, he drew the blade slowly as someone is trying to invade his personal space. The sunlight reflects against the shine of the blade, making a light shine. Those teal orbs turn to the same girl, who was playing with the same fox. Logan would listen to what she has to say, quietly. He slides the blade back into the sheath, besides he drew the blade only halfway. His hand slowly moves from the sheath, thinking that there is not threat among them. Logan was trained to fight and kill with blades, guns, or even close combat. Even though he doesn’t use guns, he prefers to get up close to an opponent for a kill.

During the days from the brigade, he was taught to kill, kill, and kill. If anyone is slowing him down, just kill that person or leave that person for the wolves to feast on them. He turns his gaze to Riley with a nod in respect right back at him. Seems that he is as restless as Logan; not that he can blame him for anything. He closes both of his teal orbs as a light, yet silent sigh escapes from those lips of his until he heard the sound of a Irish accent. His orbs gaze from left to right, then up and down to find the source of the voice, only to turn up to look at the so-called teacher that appeared at the roof of the Gazebo. He hasn’t seen this man before in his life, and he wonder if he’s to be trusted. Well, since he is a teacher and all, might as well trust his ways of teaching. Besides, Logan wonders if it some cheap parlor tricks or the actual real magic.

Anyway, Logan still has that velvet bag on his hand sliding it inside his pants pocket, hopefully that it can actually fit inside. Logan stands there and listens to what the man has to say until the man draws to a close. This course will be easy, but difficult nonetheless. Watching Riley and the Zoey entered the Gazebo, it is his turn to enter. At first, he had little doubts about this, but all that went away when he just shrugs his shoulders and enters inside the Gazebo. The world starts to shift around Logan, feeling a little nauseous from the pit of his stomach. Looking ahead as Logan was in some sort of spiral and falling about eight inches. He lands flat on his back in a completely different surrounding, slowly getting up as a hand rubs the back of his head some. He takes a step back, still feeling a bit nauseous from this and a little dizzy.

He’s not in serious pain or anything, just slightly nauseated from the fall. He regains his composure as the nausea has stopped. Fully standing up from falling about eight inches from the gazebo; he turns around to see both Riley and Zoey come out unharmed. He turns to see that his blade is on the ground, so he crouches down and pick it right back up. Just then, he smells something burning, so he turns to see a burning fire at the hearth of the old ruined house. Upon listening to Riley’s words, ‘Here there be dragons…’ Logan wonders what does it means by that, but somehow feels that this is just the beginning of this little outing.

11-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Fri May 28, 2010 6:03 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

It would seem that there was a lack, thereof, of particular ideas in the group that stood there aimlessly at the house. No one in particular said much of anything, at least initially, and no one seemed to know what was going on. At first, he was a bit surprised by all the activity that was going on before hand, now they were all standing around looking aimlessly for instructions. "Survival my ass..." He would say aloud, to no one in particular, but just spitting out what was on his mind. At least instructors gave them a physical guideline to how long they would stay or an objective they should reach. Just saying 'Survive' was not enough for Riley to endure. He had to have some kind motive for being here, otherwise he would just go camping for a few days by himself.

Glancing around at the two newly arrived occupants, this was no exception.

Letting a long hallow sigh escape his lips, he would scratch the back of his head before he attempted to break the ice. "Lets see what is inside, shall we?" With a forceful happy voice, he would step around the bom-fire that continued to burn at the doorsteps of the run down cottage before taking a step into the confindes of the abode. "Lets see here..." Seeing that the interior of the house was mostly garbage and torn to shreds, he found a few 'supplies' that were probably left by the teacher. Checking the rest of the tiny house for possible 'traps' he started to rummage through the contents of each of the boxes carefully. Not knowing how long the items had been sitting there, rodents or reptilian creatures could have made their nest inside of the confides of the tiny cottage.

"Sleeping bags..." there were a few spares, obviously the teacher prepped for more than a few of his students. So there was some margin of error in this experiment. "Can goods..." Beans, beans... and more beans. Beans of every flavor. Beans of every kind. Spam, chili, all sorts of corn and green beans. At least there was some variety in their diet. He would notice there were also a few MREs in the corner, but he put those aside for later. Considering their options in equipment, they would probably serve better for explosives than actual edibility.

"Pots and pans..." Loud clutters would echo from Riley as he searched through the contents of the boxes without concern to the wildlife nearby. Checking his signal on his cellphone, he would also note that the item would be completely useless. "Yay for satellite phones..." Keeping the item, instead of discarding it, he would toss through the remaining items with relative ease. No other real equipment or items were mentioned, except for a few plates and silverware plus some cups. Fun stuff. What was thought of being a survival hike turned out to be a rather interesting turn of events.

Taking a seat near the hearth of the goods, he would turn towards the two to allow them to pick and chew through their items. Considering their location, it was rather chilly so the nights here will drop to below freezing levels. Fantastic. Prep for one thing, get the other. I guess thats how survival really works. Expect the unexpected. Seems like they are going to be doing some cuddling tonite!

"Go crazy, aint much there for tools but we will be kept happily fed. Unless the dragons show up."

12-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Fri May 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Zoey grabbed a can not caring what it was and took her swiss army knife from her pocket to open it. She looked to Riley as she sat down across from him. "Well Dragons are a wonderful source of food. It will simply be a matter of killing them."she said smiling lightly as she slowly drank the corn she had gotten. She didn't think much of the cold. She was a tigress her body heat was much higher than theirs. She didn't get cold that often even in human form. She pulled her hair back and listened easily to the noises around them. She closed her eyes slowly and then opened them again switching them to cats eyes as she did so. She looked around them with her new vision and saw a few dwellings far, far in the distance.

"So how shall we do things? Will we be staying together as a group or are you the types to only work alone?"she asked the two men as she kept her eyes focused away from them until she switched her eyes back to normal.

13-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:29 pm

See you're already messing everything up.... thats why I should be In charge

Dina Pushed her back from her thoughts as she ran through the winding paths of the area,...an embarrassed blush on her face, she had been taught how to tell time,...but never really practiced it from the basement that Mommy and Daddy kept her in...so she was still confused on the subject, she had spent the Better part of the last Hour looking at a Grandfather clock thrying to find the number Thirty-seven on the clock, and only just gotten it with less than 2 minutes before the start of class, she was fast, but not that fast, and she was late...

The Instructions said specifically not to be late, and you can.t even do that...."

She growled as she once again fought to burry her as she reached into her bag and turned up the volume to the Heavy Metal music that already seeped out her headphones....that seemed to work.... for now.

When she came up to the clearing she paused as her crimson eyes widened, it was sooooo pretty,....she took a minute to look around in awe as she was easily distracted,... she then noticed Logan, walking into the Gazebo and disappearing... she arched a brow and looked around to see the the teacher standing there as she blushed remembering her excuse for being late and feeling silly as she approached him apolegetically.

She removed her head phones and shut off the device to show she was listening (because for some reason some people thought she wasnt) as the noises around her hit her ears catching her attention quickly as her eyes darted around as she stiffened and quickly reached up and pulled her catlike ears down painfully to muffle the noise as the only other thing she carried in her bag was the Kit that was left at her dorm... she had even left her pretty ax...

"Dina VERY sorry for being late when told not to..." she bowed slightly keeping her hands on her ears feeling ridiculous as she blushed, " the clock confused her... she hopes she can still have class.... she likes school so far..." her voice trembled as she felt if he said no she die... or worse...

14-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:56 am

Logan MacConnell

Logan MacConnell
Bronze
Bronze

Logan takes a look at the surroundings before him and somehow realizes this survival class will not be that simple. Those teal orbs look at the hearth of the flame, seeing it cindering about. Waiting for further instructions from the teacher, Logan has that thought, So… Why am I in this mess to begin with? A hand moves up to the back of his head, lightly scratching it with his freehand. Even though this is the first course that he has been interesting in, so he must do his very best in getting along with these two individuals, Riley and Zoey. He turns his attention to Riley as a light nod has been made. He follows suit behind Riley and Zoey to the old abandoned cottage, being careful by going around the bonfire. He steps inside the interior of the house to take a good look around. He does see some supplies at the back corner of the room, which would probably provide provision for a good long while.

Logan’s hand rises up to place it against his chin, thinking and pondering. He moves closer to take look at the barrels of liquids, thinking there might be something inside worthwhile, but he’ll put it off until later on. Still, utensils and cookware are there too for possibly cooking or something or rather. Logan took note of the blankets on top of those barrels. For sleeping perhaps? Might as well use them since there will be some cold sleepless nights.

Logan doesn’t feel hungry right now, so he’ll just wait until later on for nourishment. For now, he’ll just sit here and wait for further instruction from the teacher. Possibly prepare for what is coming to them. He listens to both Riley and Zoey’s conversation about dragons. Logan doesn’t really care about if dragons are gonna show up or not. Still, can’t but wonder if its really true or not about dragons. Not that Logan is superstitious or anything for that matter. Logan decides to leans against the wall right next to the open doorway. His arms are folded against his chest as those hues looks at Zoey, then Riley, and finally looking up at the ceiling.

15-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

After Logan went in Tristan heard a rustling in the underbrush quickly approaching. And he stood up strait to watch the student he had been waiting for. Miss Shinzo. A Neko by popular terminology, a partial lycanthrope of some form or another according to research he had done, and altogether a giant mess of social awkwardness, third person speech patterns and a mess of mental issues caused by parents that couldn't accept her special and unique being was either special or a blessing... A shame. But nothing he could do to change the past. And if he could he would likely use that power to fix all of the mistakes he had made with his own ward.

The awkward and embarrassed manner in which she approached him broke him out of the mold he had created his speech around and if she didn't stop him he would take her cheek into his right hand carefully as he tried to draw her eyes p to his. “You did nothing wrong Miss Shinzo, I actually assumed you would be late” He hadn't but form what he had observed of her she was easily distracted so he was not surprised a romp in the woods had gotten he poor kitten lost. “Dina can still have class”He reassured her “But she is running late the other students already are inside” He motioned to the gazebo they others had indeed gone through, but oddly Dina got a bit of information they hadn't “Its okay, it just leads elsewhere so we didn't have to walk further. The magic won't hurt you...”

He smiled as he motioned for her to move through the archway before him. But before she could he asked a quick question of her “Do you have any questions about class before you begin it miss Shinzo?” if she didn't he wold motion her through the portal and then wait a few seconds before following, if she did he would of course wait to answer them before he moved through with her. After all it would be rude not to answer her questions.

(( I will answer any of Dina's possible questions in my next post, that is if she asks any))

Once they were on the same side of the eight inch drop as the other students Tristan smiled and turned around.... since he knew the drop was there he walked through the portal in a manner like stepping down stairs,and thus had no problems with the drop. “I am sorry for my delay students” Tristan said turning to face the house they had all seemingly stepped inside of. “This class has certain guide rules I feel I might need to explain , the first is the location it is taking place in.... this is NOT Ireland, honestly its not even anywhere on earth. So before you start going based on assumptions of what works at home you might want to rethink certain things.... Most rules and laws are the same here as they are in your day to day life, but not all of them.”

Tristan would lead Dina politely into the ruined house the others were inside of “Physics you see, do not apply correctly with magical realms. Here the moon wont make you feral, the sun wont ever burn your skin, and all the water is basically safe to drink without fear of pollutants, contaminants, and diseases. However, I am not saying fire wont burn, falls wont kill, and swords aren't sharp. I am just saying there are Some safeties in place here. However only ones that were perceived before the class begun.” Tristan moved over and sit on a barrel in the corner, but he continued talking once he was perched there.

“I know that believing in magic is hard, and to think you are on a completely different world likely even harder, but there are some ways you can test out my words. The most basic is that only the compass I gave you will work here as there are no magnetic poles here.” He looked to see if any one was testing his words “However you should also see its not pointing North “He smirked and snapped his fingers “They are in fact all pointing towards Logan's right hand “He smirked and gestured “Don't worry once we truly begin they will become more helpful.”

A darker smile drew itself up on Tristan lips and he looked over the students with this more sinister smile “Now before anyone asks there are only two ways to get back out of this place, one follow the course your compass lays out, get to the exiting portal, use the runes to activate it and survive everything between point A and B... the other.... well, lets just say it will possibly test your beliefs on the afterlife... Questions, comments, and concerns?” he motioned with his hands to signal the ball was now in their court.

16-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Dina Smiled to her teachers response as she was told it was okay that she was late,... feeling alot better about the situation.. but she did however flinch at his touch,... it was clear gentle wasnt common for her,... but she not resist his touch, teachers are supposed to be good,... she remembered being told...

She Listened to his explanation carefully and shook her head " No, Sir.." she said politely as she walked through the entrance of the Gazebo and her Crimson eyes widened with fascination as she looked around the area,.. amazed by the sudden change,.. her short attention span almost got the best of her as she quickly pulled her ears back over her eyes, able to Hear Tristan's Instructions but a bit more muffled than before as she didnt want to completely tune him out with her music,.. she smiled when he mentioned Logan and practically skipped over to his side.

Look at you,... your such a baby... it said again as she pushed it back into the back of her thoughts... a slight pained look on her face...

After he was done explaining she looked around to everyone before noding that she understood,... she had not been outside of the basement for long but she had already learned that if she could exist, so could anything else... so everything that Tristan had explained to her, while it was useful and new knowledge,... didnt come to a surprize,... but by the gleam of her eyes it did excite her like a small child... maybe Dina is a baby she thought for a moment...

17-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Zoey believed in the magical. She was after all one of the creatures that according to most humans don't exist. She was a Lycan and the moon didn't make her feral anyway. She was not that connected to the moon and it's powers. She smiled lightly and looked over at them all. She stood beside the fire watching its flames dance and swirl as it burned at the wood. She turned her head and looked toward Dina and Tristan. "And if you already believe in such things as Magic and otherworldly realms? What if you already have magic pulsing through your veins waiting to be released so that it can feed on the flesh of those around you?"she asked softly of him as the flames danced over her skin and seemed to want to lick over her skin. She indeed have magic coursing through her veins and just itching to get out of her body. It had taken a long time to keep that fire down to low burning coals.

18-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

Now Riley was not oblivious to the fact that something... odd had happened here. Given the state of circumstances, and what he had seen before, 'magical forces' were at play here. Simple parlor tricks and illusions could not of made him transport from one place to another. He was not drugged, high, or running around with his pants off. This place, this scenery, this feeling... was something else. Although he did not have any spiritual or magic powers, or at least from what he could tell, he just had this feeling that he was somewhere else. It was rather confusing to why he felt this way, but once he racked his mind a bit he realized that it was not his own senses that have tuned himself to these surroundings but the blood that flowed in his veins. He continued to be grateful towards the woman fed him such a 'cure', but it came at a cost of loyalty. Loyalty that he was not fond of in being tricked into. But for the time being, distance had broken their bond and he was a free man once more. He had that tiny vial with him, filled with the crimson blood, so that he would not suffer from withdraws. Still in these close quarters, the feral could smell something amiss from his human. It would easily twinge the nostrils, but a successful 'sniff' would tell them that Riley was under the influence of vampirism... in other words, he was a ghoul.

Hearing Zoey chime in, he snapped back into reality. Holding onto a few cans of what he wanted to eat for later, he merely turned to her and said. "As long as you hold your own weight, I do not have any concerns towards a temporary partnership. I am not an idiot when it comes to group dynamics, but keep in mind that I can't save stupidity." He didn't say that to anyone in particular, but it was the truth in the matter. He can't save anyone, he could only help keep the group alive. Whether the others in the group wanted to survive was up to their own will. Not of his own. Act like an idiot in the wilderness, then expect to be left behind. That is all. He knew he could at least depend on Logan, given the man's statue, strength, and posture... but Zoey and new arrivals were up to speculation. It was not as if he was sexist or an ass, he just didn't know. Knowledge is always 90% of the battle.

With another flash of light, the, hopefully, last arrivals would spew in. Along with Tristan came the girl he remembered hanging from the chandeliers from before. Smacking his own face, the thoughts of survival went down the drain. He was hoping for someone a bit more educated in the matters, but they would make due. It wasn't until after he heard Tristan's words that he made any complete sense of it all.

While listening to Tristan's words, he would pull out the compass from his side satchel and begin to play with the item in his hands. Truth be told, the compass did point to Logan, but from what he could tell.. he had no idea to WHY the hell it did so. Maybe Logan's right hand had a magical orb of 'lets get the fuck out of here' or maybe Logan was a clue to something bigger. Riley could only summarize that Logan was the first clue, but from Logan's initial confusion he could only guesstimate that they were all in the same boat as Riley by the statement of 'where the fuck are we?'

With no one saying a word on the turn about, he would just tilt his head to say. "So... since these compasses are pointing to Logans right hand, does that mean he has something in his grasp, something embedded in his hand, or that he knows the first clue to what we should be doing here?" Since the compass is designed to show their path, then Logan was part of their destination. But even so, there were many rules and regulations to this place that he could not even begin to contemplate. Maybe Logan's right hand was a source of interference, or maybe it was a trap set by the rules of this place. So many questions, too few answers. He highly doubt that the teacher would answer such statements, but he went ahead and ask anyways. Otherwise, it was open hand surgery for Logan's masturbation hand.

19-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:20 am

Logan MacConnell

Logan MacConnell
Bronze
Bronze

Those eyes are closed, basically listening to the conversations that happen inside the abandoned old house. In truth, its just Riley and Zoey talking about survival and since he can’t talk, all he can do is listen and hope to get the jist of things. He leans himself up for only a second, so he and place both of his hands against his lower back before leaning back against the wall. The sheathed blade rests beside him. Those nostrils smell something not from this world. Though he would probably dismiss it, but its rather peculiar. This smell, he has come across it before but where. Logan looks over at Riley for a moment, basically observing him talking to Zoey before he closes both of his eyes to reminisce. Logan is a werewolf from the native land of Scotland, and he has been ever since.

He has the blood of ancestral lycans flowing through his veins. He has learned to survive from military personnel inside the facility. Remembering those times where he was forced to train during the day and all through the night. It was tough and gruesome and he thought, for once in his life, that he’ll never make it out here alive. However, he is alive and well and glad that the facility is in cinders, but something is bothering him. It’s like some parts of his memories is repressed and Logan couldn’t remember what happened during that last mission. He opens those teal orbs to look at both Riley and Zoey before moving one of his hands from behind his back and scratches on top of his head. Logan wasn’t an idiot to begin with, and he hopes that he’ll help out the group as best as he could.

Each will have their own will to survive and from the look of things, it might come disastrous. For Riley, Logan knew that he rely on him; as for Zoey, well it depends on how well she can do in this course. He turns his attention to the new arrivals arrives to the scene, namely Tristan and Dina of course. He remembers Dina from the abandoned church not to long ago. It’s good to see a friendly face taking a course with him. Logan listens to the words coming from Tristan as he turns to looks at the instructor. It’s a good thing that the moon won’t make him go feral. Sure he has a calm mind to control his ferocity, but there are times that he couldn’t control it. When Dina came to his side, Logan just gives her a nice smile and a light nod before continuing to listen to Tristan.

His left hand reaches down inside his pocket to pull out the compass and, strangely enough, it pointed to his own right hand. He moves his right hand from behind his lower back to observe. He looks at the palm, and then to the back of his hand to see what is was that those compasses pointed to his hand. Logan shows them that he has nothing on his hand, or in rather. Maybe something is, indeed, embedded inside his hand, but he couldn’t remember having that happened. It must be a trick, or possibly a first clue on how are they are supposed to get out of here. Though, as much as he likes his writing hand attached, he is intrigued about this. He balls up his right hand into a fist and extends to show them that he hasn’t had anything embedded inside. No symbols or anything in particular.

20-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

Tristan couldn't help it but his next words would likely not be understood by any one. However he could indeed use his hundreds of years alive to help him better understand body language, especially because he could feel the other persons feelings as if they were his own. It gave him an edge in many ways over others, but of course lead to many bad choices because he was begin lead by another's emotional concerns and not his own.... however for a change he had the best in mind when he said “Dina, self doubt won't help you here, it won't actually help you anywhere.” however as sweet as his words of ,hopeful, wisdom had been to Dina what he said to Zoey was not as sweet.

“ If your magic is ready to feast on any other person Miss Redbird, I would have to question if you are using it for the best. Magic is powerful, but no power should be turned on others without weighing your choices carefully.” he tried to smile, but it was obviously a faked grin he gave to Zoey. However even though it looked like he had more to say to her Riley pipped in and interrupted further talks between the two. So instead he turned his sights as they were on him “Mister Simmons, it would be unfair for me to make Mister Macconnell your first clue as he knows nothing more then the rest of the student body. I was merely making an example so you understood the 'physics' of this place. Once I believe you are all ready for what lies ahead I shall attune your compasses towards their true first location.”

“Please, before anyone does anything to Mister Macconnell understand this rule. Here, If you lose a limb, an eye, or anything else important to you in this place it will stay gone forever. The rules of mortality here are the same as on earth. Blood loss, fatigue, even illness if you contract one will run the same course in this world as it would on the one you are more acclimated to.” Tristan would move and squat in front of the fire and raise his gloved hands as if he was warming them with the heat of the fire. “The final Safe guard in place here I will not tell you about. Nor will i tell you all of the rules in place here, that would be turning this into a physics debate and derail us from the truth of this class.”

(note, at this juncture anyone looking at a compass still, would notice they have all just started slowly spining clockwise.)

Tristan stood up and looked at all of the students in here one by one as he continued. “I am sorry to say this class is designed to try its best to kill you as you complete your tasks. After all nothing teaches one about surviving a live fire event, with out live fire.” He was not trying to tell them he was going to kill the student body, but he was not hiding it either. “you all have certain Tactical advantages over this place, over the people here, and over this class. I will not hinder you or remove them. Once you learn exactly what those are I am certain you will see this is stacked in your favor.” He stopped with Logan as the first person he was looking at. “Mister McConnell your silence is not called for here. I know about your, condition and I think I have found a way in the creation of this place to help you. I will not say it will be easy, or painless. But I am fairly certain your voice will work here.”

standing back up and moving away from the fire Tristan asked one more question to his students before he grew silent to let them talk if they desired it. “currently this place is..paused, yes that is a term that will mean the most to you. Before you continue with class and let the events unfold, are there any more questions to be directed to me. I ask you this now because once I start this in motion there will be no leaving until you complete today's course.” Tristan would look to all of them now for questions.

(((and more notes. If Logan tries to speak it will be painfull to his throat, and his voice will be very rough and gravel like. However he would recognise that even though the voice is not his own, it does say what he is trying to say, and it holds an approriate accent. It will sadly be impossible (at least at this time) for him to do much more then whisper very loudly (think about what you could do the last time your own throat was so sore talking hurt) he can rasie his voice to a level close to a normal "inside voice" as our parents called it, but that woudl cause the most strain and be the loudest this false voce could muster. of course allthat could only be found out IF he actually tried, or thought about it... Meaning I leave it up to his player to decide if he even WANTS this to work now our at all while in this class.)

21-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Dina looked around at her fellow students in the class, Her crimson eyes bright with eagerness as she fidgeted trying to remain focused, she noticed the Girl that asked Something about flesh eating magic and had gotten a polite but not so polite tone from the teacher...

Dina flattened her own ears as her eyes glazed over a bit and she seemed to think way too into it,
If magic is magic, would it be painful to have Dina's flesh eaten off...Would you feel nothing or something worse?.... she asked her self many question concerning the topic as she forgot that she would actually get an answer...

Oh my god,.. if your that curious piss her off and find out... I need a bit of fun anyway,... we need to sharpen your claws.. she shook her head again as she snapped herself back into focus, gripping her ears tighter so that it was painful as her eyes darted back around the area.

She noticed the Boy from registration,... that looked at her like she was a freak... he still did... not that it surprised her... she did accidently swing from the chandleir... she noticed the look of regret as he swiped his hand down his face and tightened her hold on her ears once again as she blocked out Her words.

Now see you wouldnt get that if you would just show them better,...

She Ignored it again as she looked to Logan who had shown that he had nothing in his hand as she examined it,

Why would the teacher give a student the way out?... it woulds defeat the purpose... she raised a brow as she looked down to her compass only to be tortured by her again,

wow, You thought of that all by yourself didnt you.. she let out a small unnoticable growl as she yet again fought to ignore it and let got of her ears only scratching them with her claws first, small amounts of blood tainted them as she looked to Tristans Final statements. Her ears perked as she listened to his theory of Logan's voice... she was interested in that as she looked to logan smiling,

" Dina would like to hear your voice... she hopes you can speak..." she said happily as her compass spun round and round. She followed it with her eyes playfully as her head started to move with it... She had finnally lost focus as she looked at the compass obviously entertained as she batted at the moving needle, playfully like a kitten... her tail swaying back and forth..

22-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:46 am

Logan MacConnell

Logan MacConnell
Bronze
Bronze

(Note: I’ll want to let Logan used the ‘faked voice’ that Tristan provided.)

He doesn’t remember the last time he heard his voice. The last and only time he spoke was at the facility where he was strapped down on the stretcher while one of the scientists injects him with an experimental drug. The drug supposed to give Logan a better resistance to silver, but it comes with a price. That drug rendered him mute, a temporary side effect that will go away….eventually. Boy wouldn’t be grand if Logan have his voice back, because he has so much to talk about in so little time. However that dream, seems to be as far as the eye can see. Besides, he has his notepad with him for communication and such. That’s good for it, right? Logan would listen to Tristan’s words, taking them to heart as well as his mind. He didn’t know that magic will play an involvement here, but didn’t know magic can be quite powerful. It’s a good thing that Logan doesn’t have any magical properties.

It’s a good thing that he’s not the first clue; because, he only knows nothing more than the rest of the student body. A hand moves on top of his head, lightly scratching it with his index finger. He slowly moves his hand back and rests it on his side when he heard that rule that if someone lose a body part, it’s gone forever. So Logan has to take extra precautions if he wants to survive here, especially if this class is designed to get him or others killed. A silent sigh escapes from his lips as his teal orbs quickly turns to Tristan to listen about his ‘silence’. He raised a brow as Tristan has found a way to help him, but with these words ‘I will not say it will be easy, or painless. But I am fairly certain your voice will work here.’ Sends a shiver down his spine, but it’s a chance to have a voice for once. His eyes are lowered and look away while crossing both of his arms against his chest. For once he can speak, but at a price but what.

Tristan said that it is not going to be painless, so there’s pain involved or some sort. A hand moves to his chin to think about this. A voice for him to use, maybe he doesn’t need to use the notepad after all, but isn’t it worth it? His hand looks at the compass, seeing the needle slowly moving clockwise, wondering what this all about. Then, he looks at Dina with that smile on her face made him realize that he has a friend that wants to hear his voice. Maybe this will be good after all, but… Well, might as well take initiative and speak to see if it actually works. His lips starts to part, but just as he is about to speak; his hand rests against his throat feeling this unusual pain from the throat area.

At first it wasn’t that painful, but it was like several sharp needles piercing through his larynx. “Wha…what the hell…is going on?” His voice, his tone is not like his own, but rough and gravel like sandpaper running against the wood. Logan sinks down to his knees, as his throat is in pain but bearable to imagine. “Bl...bloody hell!! It hurts!!” That tone is still rough and gravel-like, not his original Scottish accent. His throat strains when speaking, thinking that he should cease before damaging his throat further. His lips cease, slowly getting up into the standing position. This is going to be harder than he thought. His voice, what is going on?

23-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

Riley's eyes did not hold a drop of disappointment when the teacher spoke his words about Logan's hand. Actually, he was grateful. With the lack of tools and devices, there was no way in hell the surgery would go so easily. Riley could handle the knife just as easily as the blade, but without any form of drugs, narcotics, or ways to put that kind of man to sleep... he doubt the procedure would be pleasant. Instead of interrupting or asking more questions about the surroundings, he decided to keep his mouth shut and listen to whatever the man had to say. This was not the familiar territory that Riley was accustomed to. The trees didn't breathe the same as they did several moments ago. The ground felt different under his feet. It wasn't the physical embodiment that he was tuning his senses towards, but the aura that the place emitted in his presence.

He didn't have to be a magician to at least know that they weren't in Kansas anymore.

Instead of going outside to dig up the witch underneath the house, he merely scratched the back of his head towards Dina and Logan. Well it would seem that the mute boy could speak again, but it sounded like Logan needed to drink down a gallon of water and chloraseptic before the man put two more words past his lips. "Grunts will do just fine. Caveman did it, so can we again." It was his own way of sympathizing towards the man who could barely say the words 'ouch'. He doubt the man would be singing Sinatra anytime soon, but it will work. Dina and Zoey, who seemed withdrawn from the group... or at least confused, could at least hold their own if they tried. The wilderness changes a man, or woman (to be fair), and he was not going to be sexist and say otherwise.

"So if you die, game over. If you get your arm chopped off, still going to hurt like hell and blood is going everywhere. We get tired normally, and possibly become dehydrated or malnourished. But we can eat and drink the surroundings fruits as if they didn't have pollutants, unless they were born or granted poisons from before. Got it." Still the same rules, even if they were a bit twisted.

Eying the compass, he tilted his head towards the possible ending direction of where it will go. He wanted at least a general direction before they started to pack their gear and head out. Although he wanted to ask a few more questions, he only had one. "Are there any backpacks nearby?" How else were they going to carry all the goodies with them? Course he could start tearing up their sleeping blankets and transform them into rut sacks, but he rather try the easier approach before going crazy with the rest.

24-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Dina perked her ears as they twitched a bit, a smile spread across her face as she heard Logan use his voice for the first time. "Wha…what the hell…is going on?” It sounded like it hadn't been used in a long time. She clapped her hand a bit as she bounced a couple times excitedly like a small child would.

" You're talking silly!!" she teased before pausing suddenly.

Her ears drooped a bit as she noticed the painful expression as she watched him fall to his knees. She had stopped bouncing and her tail froze in mid sway as she leaned down breifly to make sure he was alright.

Looks like he's gonna need some practice at it.. she thought before being interrupted by her again...

He's gonna need more than practice, that voice is so raspy I'd rather hear his scribbles.. Dina winced as she yet again did her best to ignore it as she smiled a bit.

Dina then jumped in suprize as Logan stood back up,obviously still skittish she had jumped back not even a step before tripping over her own tail falling back on her bottom, laugher echoed in her mind as her color turned a slight red.

And you call yourself a Neko? You can't even Stand!!! Where's those catlike reflexes? Maybe if you stay seated they'll think you did it on purpose...

She obeyed the voice for a change and crossed her legs underneath her casually as she smiled up a Logan, " I like your voice.." she said cheerfully before turning to the boy that had begun to ask questions as she gazed at her own compass, tapping her fingers against it with a distinct beat. She was beginning to loose focus again as she struggled to keep her attention to the rest of the instructions if there were any.

When the boy from registration had asked about back packs she looked around to her own that she had brought with her and took everywhere, it wasnt big enough to hold every thing but it would help.

25-PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Empty Re: -PRIVATE- Survival Class : Day one Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Tristan Shadwynn

Tristan Shadwynn
No Rank
No Rank

Tristan waited to see what happened and he watched Logan's reaction, it want what he had hoped for, but it was better than it could have been, no doubt once the magic settled in it wold become less painful for his student. Well at least he hoped it wold eventually become less painful, and he also of course hoped that it might help Logan fix his voice outside of the classroom too. But it was an odd case. Some form of drug he was given of something had taken his voice and when it came to humans and their drugs Tristan was usually lost. But before he cold spend more time thinking the students were again at it and talking and reacting . Especially Dina, she had a lively energy and it amused Tristan to see such a kitten amongst wolves... that was a bad analogy and he just realized it...

“No there are no Backpacks at this moment Mister Simmons. For this very fist day I am going to give you a more simple taste of how this class is going to go. Today you just have to hold onto your fort as it were. You are well supplied. You are all rested as you are going to get, but now we are going to change the scene slightly.” when Tristan spoke his voice carried the same power as always, but more than that as he willed the magic around them changed the game, and it would grow rapidly dark as cloud rolled in dangerously fast, like in a movie one might think. With the could it got colder, bit not bitterly so yet.

“Remember that above all else this is a class where one must survive. But that is easier done with assistance. No one can face the monsters of the real world alone. “Tristan was of course not going to force them to stay together after this point, but he was going to make it seem like the wisest solution most often. After another few moments a cool wind would blow through and cause a light howling sound, one that didn't seem truly like the wind however. Another few moments and the sound of rain would come down onto the roof, it was not a -biblical- amount of rain but surely anyone that went out side would get soaked in a few moments.

With wind and rain came of course a lessened visibility. Outside the world around them was vanishing, it was easy to see about twenty or thirty feet. But there was so much water rapidly in the air, and falling t an angle that beyond seventy feet it all started to turn into a gray blur of cold and wet. But out there in the driving rain and gloom another howl would come, one darker, one more dangerous... “Class is starting”Tristan spoke softly, but his voice easily carried over the rain to them all. “Remember, hold your ground” Tristan would smile to the students and take a bow, then just as suddenly as he had appeared to them at the gazebo he would simply vanish form the scene.

He was not truly “gone” but instead he was in a different place, he was going to watch all the events unfold through several mirrors and scrying glasses so that he could keep tabs on everything and make certain the class was indeed as challenging as the students now in it could handle. After all it wasn't survival class if it was a breeze..

(((The weather has turned form fun to worse. It is rapidly getting colder and the rain will feel nearly freezing. The temperature near the hearth however seems unaffected and is going t remain at a nice toasty warm regardless of the outside conditions, that is for as long as the fire burns. Outside in the doom and gloom there are several calls form animals that seemingly just noticed the house and possible think there dinner might be inside of it. I will obviously continue posting form this account but for now it will just be status updates about what is going on and form the perspectives of what ever troubles are coming after you. Please try to keep up better than I seem to have with the thread, and form this point out after 48 hours I will request that the persons turn it is be skipped over if they have not posted. If you have any questions please contact me on YIM or Via PM on the site, remember that I am playing the monsters, baddies and etc, so please try not to auto them terribly much, if a post is to auto heavy towards them I might return the favor towards you.)))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum