Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities.

+3
Neihem Steelwynd
CelestineJohanRavnos
Mary-Lynn
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

[[This takes place at 10 pm, shortly after classes in the castle has ended]]

The forest, not the greatest place to hold an Astrology field trip, but it was the best way to lead the younger generation into the new world. The students would have to travel through the main paths of the forest, to reach the bottom of the curve of the hill. From here there would be a set of stone stairs inset with the hill itself, curving up the side of it until they reached the top of the hill. What a site to be seen at the top of this hill, the soft lights of the town shutting off one by one, only the candles from Caislin Hallows left on as a beacon of hope to the lost students. Also, Madame Chevok had set up a small table with a gorgeous pallet of small finger foods and thermos’s of hot chocolate and coffee with plastic cups set aside for the students to help themselves, on each end of the table held two large black candle sticks, with large white candle on top of each.

The night was beautiful, it was a clear black sky above them, the stars were out and shining like flashlights in the dark. Not a cloud to be seen for miles around them, and no satellites above them to make them mistake a hunk of metal for a beautiful star. The setting on top of the hill was a beautiful site, something lovers would come to enjoy themselves to sneak away from the looming walls and ears in Caislin Hallows. Still, this site left enough innocence to hold a class and a lesson, enough to bard a good hearted and light moment between new and old friends.

Innocence, that’s all the stars needed, a moment of forgiveness.

The teacher, dressed to impressed she had a black satin long dress on to match the stars above, it held a various group of stars and sparkles along her dress to match her silver high heels flashed with a slight bit of glory. The short locks of golden brown now held back by a white head band that kept the hair from her face. Unlike most of the time anyone would see her, this time she was on her knees, folding open a large wooden box, then she would turn and start unfolding a large blue blanket. Both held two telescopes each, then she sat upon her bottom and pulled a large black box from behind her. Opening it, she pulled out an oversized white telescope that was her pride and joy of moving telescopes.

’’Good evening my lovelies, ready to see the wonders of the world?’’ She spoke softly, in fear of something or someone over hearing her wicked babble.

In the bare moonlight she sat down in the lush soft grass, putting pieces of the tripods together, awaiting the sounds of something new and something familiar to come knocking at her stone stairs.

Last edited by Madame Chevok on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Topic Title)

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Steps sounded quietly on the mix of stones, dirt, and plant life that night, kept quiet by the chirping of wildlife around him. He love the night as much as he loved his books. After his own introduction to the world beyond normal humanity, Besides, even the stars and the moonlight sometimes left the paths bright enough to see. There was never pure darkness on earth. Just moments of uncertainty. Still, despite the relaxation the night brought, Celestine kept his wits about him and ears open. Just because one could not see, didn't mean they couldn't use other senses.

Still, danger was not presence on the grounds. Not tonight. He had been fortunate enough to hear about the meeting tonight for those to enjoy the stars, and while he wasn't knowledgeable with the night sky, he knew how it had inspired so many stories, tales, myths, and legends from all walks of life.

The night was cool. Celestine turned around as he began walking back up the heal whose trough he finally reached. Over the trees, he saw Caislin Hallows, more importantly the windows. The night changed the manor. It became ore mysterious. More, if he would be so bold, romantic. An inspiration to the occasional poet in him, though such bouts were rare. Everyone was a poet. Some more than others. Turning around he continued to walking to the hill's apex, his voice bringing life to the words and the top of his head.

Clearly in the distance
As the night fills the sky
I walk expectantly
Silently whispering
Lingering darkness around
Instantly I am aware
Near perfection of my home

Have I died and gone to Heaven?
Alas 'tis but a dream
Life is much too complex
Longing fills my heart
Oh manor in the distance
Whisper to me your secrets
So that I my fall in love again.

Finally at the top, Celestine partook of the fresh air around, barely taking notice of another. "Good evening. Do hope I am not intruding." His voice quiet as if afraid to further disturb the peace.

3////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. Empty The First Guest. Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The woman who sat on plush grass, taking time to set the tripods together. Making sure each part locked together, with a screw knob at each of it’s middles they set afoot a strong hold and finally one set of the tripod was set up and prepared for the medium sized telescope that would sit on top of it for the students use. As this first one was done, she took a few steps to the side and pushed the tripod into the ground, making sure it was stable before finally tilting the telescope up to the sky and allowing it to loom there by itself for the moment as she returned to kneeling back against the plush grass in the moonlight once again.

Even with the echo of soft winds patronizing the hills side causing long strands of grass to sway with soft tickles of sound echoing their way up the long passage way of empty stone and blackened skies. Still there was an oddity in the wind that was unsettling for the soul that had started to finish the second telescope, this one of black material, yet another for the students to use for their inventions of curious minds. With the tripod in hand, she stood once more and took it to stand beside the other, pressing it into the ground making sure it was steady for the telescope to sit she turned and went for the telescope itself. As she turned there was a face that stood in the darkness, with the shade of candle and starlight brightening its curves.

With a gentle smile, Mary-Lynn greeted the young gentleman with a curtsy her hand grasping the material of the over sewn dress and lifting it only to bear the sandals that kept the feet from dirtying. The head bowed with a soft motion before rising once again, the short golden brown locks bouncing around her face as she lifted with that same gentle smile placed against her face. ’’Evening sir, of course you are not intruding, you are the first to arrive in this glorious night. I do hope that more will join your venture into the Aduihl Forest only to reach it’s highest hill to peer into the soul of our universe.’’ She raised herself from the grounds and moved towards the telescope once again.

Picking it up, she carried it to the tripod that was set and ready for the telescope. She moved towards it, then set it on top of the tripod, taking a moment to screw it on top of the tripod, shaking it only slightly to make sure that it was locked onto the tripod. With a soft smile tracing over her lips once again she turned to face the young man once again, ’’Pardon me for being so rude, I am Mary-Lynn Chevok the Astrology teacher here in Caislin Hallows greatest of reaches. I’m sure it’s a pleasure to meet you, sir?... With that she took a few steps back and sat back against the plush grass once again, this time taking time as she set the sterling silver tripod for her own precious telescope that had travelled many lands just as she had over the last few years of her schooling travels.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

As she awaited the young man that made himself noticeable almost immediately as he made his way onto the top of the hill’s clearing, she went back to carefully putting her favored telescope together. With a deep breath she leaned over this small mechanical machine and let the threads of the steel intertwine with each other and lock tightly. The heavy sterling silver telescope shone against the paling moon that shined brightly with out a cloud in the sky, or even a branch swaying in the wind to block the beautiful view that would have been romantic if the strength and need to be a teacher wasn’t flowing in her veins like a rapid river.

The sound of something strange approached, yes she was but a human, but a finely tuned human that was the adoring lover of night and all it’s whimsical turning points. With a single stretch of her arm, as she heard her name being spoken in a voice she had never heard the tone of before in her life the arm stretched upwards and waved behind her to the one calling her name. ’’That is me, monsieur give me but a moment…’’ Her eyes locked on the telescope that she wrapped small slender arms around and picked up with a heavy pull. A deep breath escaped from the woman as she stood and hobbled over to the stainless steel tripod, carefully she placed it on top of the tripod then quickly screwed it into the tripod to make sure that it wouldn’t wobble or fall off the tripod.

With that done, she nudged it only slightly to make sure that the telescope was on it snuggly. With a smile on her face, a hand moved through her golden brown locks before almost pink hues reached the creature before her. Now, things were quite strange in Caislin Hallows, but this was one of the strangest she had come across. Strange, yet comforting in the same breath. The gentle, child-like smile stilled on her lips as she stepped towards this new form and gave him the same courtesy that she had given the man before him, a hand taking her long dress in hand lifting it only slightly to allow a curtsy to drop her almost to her knees.

’’Hello Mister Steelwynd, or do you rather be called Neihem? I’ve heard of your arrival through the Teachers lounge, a pleasure to meet you. It’s no bother if you’d like to join us, I’m just starting to get everything settled and prepared for everyone that is arriving. Please, help yourself to a drink or some snacks.’’ As she stood from the curtsy, her hand folded outwards with her palm up pointing towards the table dressed in white cloth and gothic architecture candles, smothered with two punch bowls, a few bottles of assorted alcohol and various finger foods.

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

Neihem nodded his head deeply in response to her curtsy and in thanks. "Neihem is fine, madame." Seeing the various adult beverages spread out on the very humanly ornate table, he retrieved his flask and sat down at the edge of the clearing - the closer to the trees, the better he felt.

He had forgotten how many times he had gone back and refilled the flask today; he had spent most of the day familiarizing himself with the castle, warming himself with wine in the drafty corridors. By the time the trip into the woods came around, he was feeling very jovial indeed. Though still very strange to be inside of human dwellings, the wine began its course toward happiness and he began trying to accept his surroundings. The garden was pure bliss, but it still had the feeling of enclosure due to its place inside an albeit large castle courtyard.

But now! In the woods his spirit truly shone. He looked toward the two humans once again, feeling no animosity emanate from them, merely curiosity. Well, that was fine. He was curious about them as well. The true professor learns as much from his students as they do from him. Wasn't that why the universities were originally founded? To pool knowledge together, not to merely leech knowledge from one whom society dubs worthy of passing on said knowledge. If nothing else, it was going to be fun.

Fixing the two with a mischievous grin, he closed his jet-black eyes and let his senses wander freely along the breeze while he waited for the professor to begin guiding them to the stars.

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She'd followed the path. At least, she thought she had. She licked her lips, a little anxious. Had she heard things? Maybe. Things about these woods that deemed the place unsafe. But those things were probably untrue. She scanned the area, her crystal eyes sharp. She flexed her hands anxiously. She should have brought her staff. Everything would have been better if she had her staff...she would have felt more at ease.

After a moment, she continued down the path, or rather, up the path. She could see footprints leading this direction. She chewed on her lip softly. Being outside helped to calm her frantic nerves, the trees, the cool breeze. Despite the cooler temperature, she was just in her jeans and T-shirt, the same thing she'd worn earlier in the day. So continue up the path she did, until she found herself on the top of the hill, with Madame Chevok, the Satyr, and the librarian she'd met earlier.

Her nerves immediately ceased to bother her. It was like she'd been pulled out of the fog and into the clear the way she felt now. She had found this place, found the top of the hill. Her attention was focused solely on the three people she could see. These people wouldn't hurt her, wouldn't even attempt to hurt her, at least she didn't feel like they would.

Standing there in the moonlight, silent as she was, with her white hair and crystal eyes, she could have been a dream. A figment of someone's imagination. Her white hair was mostly straight, with just a little bit of wave to it around her face, it blew easily in a cool breeze. She should have shivered, but she didn't feel cold. She felt perfectly normal.

After a moment of standing there, fixated upon the three people already there, she turned her gaze to the night sky, and she gasp softly. From her rooftop, in Britain, she'd never been able to see the sky very well...the smoke and pollution from there made it hard. This was simply...breath taking. "Wow..." she murmured softly, his crystal eyes opening wider. She stood there, a little dazed as she looked up at the sky.

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

The night was a strong point in the seasons of the year also a strong point for Mikel. Which made him enjoy his time in Astrology Class even more-so, the moonlight was a dangerous site for those that under estimated its strength. Still the field trip he had signed up for was far from the school, through the Adhuil Forest he had to carefully maneuver his way through as to not get caught by the pixies and live strength of the forest itself. A dangerous play of grounds Caislin Hallow had a twist to every corner. A young man by appearance but a man of wisdom and old age that wouldn’t be told from the flesh and bone that made his form.

Up the hill Mikel travelled, like a bloodhound pointer he knew exactly where he was going even if the ground he walked upon was trenched with branches and brush. The stars that peeked through the tops of the trees was enough light for his eyes to fix upon. The way started to increase, and before he knew it he was going up the side of the hill and reaching a thick brush that made him push his way through and crawl out to the other side. With a deep breath grey toned orbs locked onto the group of people that masked their way onto the top of the hill, trying to hide by the dark of the night or the tangles of the brush.

None could hide from the sense of the man, one breath and he could taste every being that held its spot on this dreary hill top. With one quick look across the open expanse, it wasn’t hard to see two women, one he recognized as Madame Chevok his Astrology Teacher. Quite the talker of the stars he noticed before and at this chance he wouldn’t think this would stop her now. One more deep breath and a look around the expanse again he saw two what would be males one hiding against the brush of the skirt. ’’Mary-Lynn....’’ His voice was subtle yet when spoken in a single direction it would sound as if he was right next to Chevok. ’’Sorry I’m late, hopefully I haven’t missed anything yet…’’

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

With a smile piercing over her lips, the group that proceeded to get larger was quite surprising to this old woman. Her hands raised up, palms pushing up to sky as she took a deep breath and finally spoke to the students and teachers that surrounded her on the top of Adhuil Hill. ’’Welcome one and all to The Adhuil Forest! I want to start by thanking you all for taking the time to make it out all the way up here to Adhuil Hill!’’ With another deep breath her hands collapsed once again to the front fold of her dress.

The smile stayed tightly positioned on her lips as she turned the corner and took a moment to look around at all the new faces that appeared in her small gathering. The only student she could recognize off the bat was Mikel, a student in her Astrology Class. ’’I would like to start this off by having everyone introduce themselves as I see many new faces , my name is Mary-Lynn Chevok, in class I prefer to be called Madame Chevok. I teach Astrology in the North Eastern ward of the school grounds, in my own laboratory. I would like to extend further greetings by reminding you all that there are a variety of refreshments just off to the side.’’

With a deep breath golden brown eyes flashed over the unfamiliar faces once again, ’’Let’s get this circle going now shall we ladies and gentlemen? Mikel, let’s start with you since you’ve been in this class since day one. Introduce yourself, and say a little something about what made you come to this Field trip.’’ Her head gave a gentle nod towards Mikel, giving him the go-ahead on the crew.

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

He was slightly put off guard by the teacher’s announcements but was put at ease as his vision regained position on the stars over head. The comfort of the darkness stretching out over his head gave him confidence he was more or less safe now than being forced into a classroom during the day. A deep sigh escaped him as his eyes moved back to Madame Chevok. The teachers introduction to herself, and her fascination with her star gazing equipment, just a reminder of his time in her class. How crazed she was about making sure the students not only paid attention, but understood what she was trying to teach them.

This was a quality he completely enjoyed from Madame Chevok, she was the type of teacher he had appreciated through-out his years in Young Men for Brilliant Future’s school back when he was just a child. The excitement that came from her filled his mind with questions and theories about why she was the way she was. With a deep sigh his attention was brought back down to Earth as Chevok reminded him that there were refreshments on the table not too far from where he was standing. Now, he knew that Mary-Lynn knew he was stranger than the average student. That basic refreshments wouldn’t do for such a fine taste on his tongue. As he came upon the table, the notice of a small dark green bottle caught his eye as in Madame Chevok’s writing pronounced itself with his full name upon it.

‘Michael Von Durast’

A shock to his system as his real name was something that was hidden from the public eye. Still, she had talent beyond his own knowledge, perhaps something he would have to—’’Mikel’’ His name brought his attention back to the group, and with that same charming smile he wore as a façade to pretend with the entire island, this group would get the same treatment. With a bow that only made it half way down before he quickly pulled himself back up to his full height he gave that charming gentle smile once again.

’’Well, first off thank you Madame Chevok for the introduction. I am Mikel, I enjoy the deep night and classical music. I came to this field trip for two reasons, I was in the class when this all first started to take place… And well, enjoying the deep night helped make it easy to attend.’’ The smell of this other woman caught his attention, and with a nod of his head he gave that charming smile one more try. ’’Your turn m’dear.’’

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She was quite beyond watching everyone. Her eyes were fixed on the diamonds in the sky; the stars. So beautiful. So clear. She felt like she was in the ocean and that touching them may indeed be surfacing. She shifted a little when she heard talking, only moving to tear her gaze away from the sky, and back to the people here, on Earth.

She watched with curious crystal eyes, her mouth slightly agape. Her mind was still lost in the stars, not with these people down here. Were they oblivious to what lay just above them? Surely not. She looked over at the newest member of the group, a young man, handsome, but...different. She focused her attention on him for a moment, listening to what he said, watching the way he held himself. She had no ability to read auras and she certainly had no ability to tell a supernatural person from a non-supernatural person. But something about him seemed slightly odd.

She blinked when he suddenly smiled at her, a little taken back. She probably had been staring at him. She blushed profusely and then looked around. Introductions? Is that what Madame Chevok had said? She cleared her throat and pulled in a deep breath.

"My name is Angelica. I'm here because I'm new, and I saw the flyer for sign ups posted on the board outside the registration office. I wanted to hopefully make new friends." she smiled now, the blush gone. "I uhm...used to meditate late at night, under the night sky. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite as...stunning as this view is." She blinked now, a little unsure of what to do.

She didn't want to keep talking, because she was nervous. She would ramble if she continued to talk. So instead, she looked at the person standing nearest to her, which happened to be the librarian she'd met earlier.

"I would make the off guess that it's your turn..." she told him, smiling still. Her crystal eyes briefly moved towards the sky and then back down again to Earth.

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Honestly, Celestine was about to introduce himself before everyone showed up seemingly at once. He remembered seeing the satyr leave the registration office shortly before approaching the doors himself. He didn't seem to be the type of person who was easily forgotten.

Then came Angelique, the young student he had formally met earlier in the library. Who would have known they would have met here again so soon? Celestine was going to say something yet another student showed up. A, Mikel, according to Ms. Chevok.

She had formally started the evening with such a a grandiose announcement, he wondered for the briefest moments if he didn't dress well enough for the occasion. Fortunately, he made sure to dress warmly. The evening, while comfortable, was still cool.

With the announcement of his name, Mikel had given a small introduction, So the kid enjoyed classical music huh? Maybe they'd get along. Bach and Wagner were two of his personal favorites. Mozart was nice, but then childish at times, not that he could be blamed.

Soon, it was Angelique's introduction. A small smile grazed his lips, always so shy and intrusive. Hopefully the world wouldn't harm the girl too much. It was a cruel place after all.

Before he knew it, she had decided to pass the torch unto himself. He cleared his throat with a gentle cough, "Yes, well, thank you." Celestine made sure to catch the eyes of everyone there. The two other professors and two other students.

"Good evening everyone. My name is Celestine Johann Ravnos. I'm just your everyday librarian come to enjoy the night and the few delights it has to offer." Even now he carried something for protection, not that he didn't feel safe, but it was always best to be prepared. "I managed to catch a flier in the library and thought it might be a wonderful chance to meet a few others. Of course, I'm a fan of mythology, so, yes. There you have it."

He took his glasses off and began to clean them with a soft cloth. "Yes, well," He didn't seem to have anything more to say, "Guess it's your turn," he gave an indication to Mr. Steelwynd before staring instead at the stars.

Okiku Fuyu

Okiku Fuyu
No Rank
No Rank

Tonight was such a glorious night to come out star gazing, the diamonds high above the twinkling in clear dark sky. Those beautiful light high above gracing the earth; by raining their soothing light down to the tranquil forest below them. Resting a arm under her ample chest, holding up her other as she taps a finger against her chin. Lost in her own deep thought for a few moments, thinking about all who would gather this evening upon Adhuil Hill. Her boots making soft pats against the stone stairway that were made into the hill side, eventually coming to a stop on a single step. A nervous sigh materialized from her mouth letting her head fall forward, a few strands of white hair swaying in front of her face. Hiding those golden hues from view, this would be the first social event she ever attended. How would people react to a girl with a fluffy tail and fox ears upon her head. Adjusting tan coat around her form along with the black carrying case she wore across her back. "Well Okiku you can do this....they are just people just like you...There is nothing to fear" Speaking to herself in a frail attempt to build up her confidence. As she stood there her sonars came to life on top of her head; she could hear the faint chatter of people. What sound like to her was introductions.

She began to think to herself once more that there was a possibility that she was late and maybe the best thing to do is to turn around. It would be rather rude of her to come in late to the conversation. She wasn't a very social person since she grew up in the country with just her father and mother. Shaking her head she pressed onward coming to the top of the stairs, glancing about till she saw the group of people gathered in a small circle. Bring her left hand to her chest to feel her heart racing, beating what seem like a million miles an hour. She was scared to the very core of her being, her ears disappearing into the mass of hair. Laying flat against her skull, blending into the neatly pulled back pony tail. Taking in a deep breath of the crisp night air trying to call herself down, while at the same time trying to tame the nervous feeling that was running rampant inside her. But it didn't help with all the butterflies fluttering around in her stomach, along with her anti-social problem.

Even with all that going on inside her, she kept a calm and collected face on. Moving in closer to everyone she came to a halt next to Mr. Steelwynd. A bright happy smile was spread across her face just when her eyes slid shut. Bring her hands together in front of her lap, she respectively bows her head to everyone. She would wait till she was called upon to speak, but as she stood there she opens her eyes to take a better look at everyone. Starting from the person to her right, she would only spend a few seconds giving one a quick glance over. Her honey orbs held a look of curiosity with each person she looked to, each of them having their own secrets and stories. Maybe it was possible to make a friend or two here, this was her assigned class after all. It wouldn't be bad to have someone to talk to and get together with after school. The more she thought about the possibility of friends, the more her mind wandered off.

When Mr. Ravnos finished speaking she had came back to reality; there was one more person before her then it would be her turn to speak. What would she say to these people. That she liked fighting and mediation? Maybe even a little architecture as a side hobby. But that's what she liked to do in her spare time, so might as well tell everyone the truth. What harm could it possible bring, someone else might find the same things interesting as well. Well in a few moments she would find out, so she would wait patiently for Mr. Steelwynd to finish his introduction. Before taking her turn.

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

The satyr's eyes remained closed as the introductions took place. Allowing his senses to flow freely around the clearing, he could feel the natural aura of each being, as well as many of the fey folk hiding amongst the trees and rocks, ensuring the sanctity of their domain was not disturbed. They had calmed by quite a margin when Neihem made his way up the hill.

He sensed the elemental girl before she spoke, as well as the undead. He opened his jet-black eyes and pulled his hooves under him, gathering himself up to his full height with the aid of his staff. His eyes lingered a moment on both of them as he scanned the group.

"I fear you all will grow tired of hearing me apologize for my brutish manners," he said, a twinkling gleam belying the held-back smile in his eyes, "for I have been traveling the countryside in solitude for many years. But you did not come here for my life story, did you? I am one of the newest additions to the staff at Caislin Hallows. My name is Neihem Steelwynd, though I abhor my given last name. Please call me Neihem, or if you are a stickler to formalities, Professor Neihem." He made a deep bow to the group and then rested against his staff, the green light emanating from it giving his already green-tinged skin an eerie glow. "And who might you be, young one?" he spoke to the newcomer.

Okiku Fuyu

Okiku Fuyu
No Rank
No Rank

The young fox listen to the satyr, her ears twitching once again as he spoke to the group that surrounded him. Shifting her body to redistribute her weight, she keeps her neatly folded in her lap. Those peaceful eyes of her scanned over Mr. Steelwynd, this was the first time she ever seen a satyr. A being with green tinted was quite a sight to see. The question that raised in her mind, 'Why is this man is green? And what is up with that staff of his?' The entire time as she stood silently next to him, she began fiddling with her fingers. A small nervous habit of her she did a times, but once it was finally her turn. She could feel another surge of butterflies take flight in her stomach.

Taking another deep breath, slowly exhaling before her glossed nude lips spread across her face. Reaching up with right hand moving the few loose strands of hair from her face before speaking to everyone. "I..I am Fuyu Okiku. You all can call me Okiku." Letting out a small chuckle, she clears her throat before continuing. "I'm from Oshima Hanta, Japan. Umm... I like practicing Marital Arts and my swordsmanship and I came out here tonight to see what this sky has to offer. It's a great pleasure to meet you all." Bowing to them all once again, her bushy tail switching behind her. Disappearing from one side and appearing on the other, turning her attention over to Madame Chevok. Nodding to her signaling that she was finished, just then a small gust of wind blew passed. Carrying the scent of small presentation of food she had laid out, sniffing the sweet invite smell of the finger foods. Leaning back look to the food that sat there, just ripe of the taking. Her first instinct was to go over and dig in. 'Is that hot chocolate I smell too?' Her mind was wandering off once again, forgetting the main reason why she had came out.

*Once she escaped to her room she found herself pushed up upon the center of her bed with her back against the wall and kneed pulled up to her chest. It seemed like hours now that she had been just dazing off, trying to find a way to pull herself together. She feared everything about this place, she felt like bait dangling out in front of a rabid beast. Her thoughts trailed along just that, she was defiantly going to die! If not physically, it was going to be psychologically. Her chin rested on top of her gown covered knees while her arms wrapped around them snuggly. Her eyelids closed over her eyes a long time ago and she found herself lost in her own dreams, no one else’s. She did not know who she was looking for and honestly didn’t want to start making friends by walking their dreams. Once asleep her guard tended to fall around the barrier between her and the dead. She always had nightmares or ghosts visiting her there, it was never her mother though, she wished her mother would visit, but she found peace knowing her daughter would be okay, she just didn’t think she believed in herself. Suddenly a loud shout shattered her dreams, she unrolled from the curled up position and stumbled out of bed with a muffled THUD! Her instincts made her grab the thin sheets on the bed and yank them with her. It didn’t help the fall much*

*She laid there with her back against the cold floor, knees bent with her long legs stretched along the bed top. She sighed heavily while looking up at the ceiling, watching as the dots danced in front of her face. Then a shimmer began to materialize above her. It whispered down to her “Are you going to just mope your evening away?” Her eyes widened, this was a different ghost than earlier, this one she knew! It was her mother’s murderers wife!! She was so horrified it was hard for her to find the words that were clogged in her throat. So her ghost continued "I can see I startled you, but your mother asked me to watch over you until I myself could move on. Now, I wont be around all the time, I am not playing babysitter!”The ghost hovered around her, tisking at the way she was just staring at the ghost. “Emma….is that really you?” The ghost rolled her eyes and snapped. “Well who else would it be! Don’t be so shocked that I am here. I am more shocked and hurt you and your mother kept this from me!” Lisa finally found her feet and sat at the edge of the bed. “Are you mad at me too? You know I couldn’t have helped you, I would have if I co-” The ghost cut her off. “Oh child hush!” Lisa did just that and bit her bottom lip. She noted that her ghost still appeared to be older with her wrinkling flesh and graying hair. If she didn’t get sick she would’ve lived a good 10 years longer. “Vassalisa things happen for a reason, I am only here because I know my husband is out there hurting and I must find him and free him of his guilt.”

*Nodding Lisa just kept silent like demanded of her. “Now you need to get up, dear gracious clean up and go outside. There is a small group who may enjoy your company. I know I always did.” Lisa flushed and smirked a little. “That’s the smile I remember, now stop being so scared. I will be back to check on you shortly enough.” With that her glowing form disappeared into the shadows. That’s when Lisa realized it was after night fall!! With the little moon light she had left, she let her hair down, comb it and unpacked the little bit of stuff she had. The dress she had one was all wrinkled now so she found herself a new one, she liked her dresses, this one was a blue sundress that that thin strips for straps and a light blue silk belt that went around her long torso and tied in the back. It fell to the tops of her knees and flowed gently with her movements. Getting her black flat sandals on, she grabbed her key and then was off for the night. Leaving the building, she found herself outside once again. This time it was night fall, looking up to the sky she was amazed by the glowing stars, the smell of nature and crisp wind playing with her hair that fell to her shoulders, she liked it short, much easier to maintain. It all reminded her of home and how she began to feel home sick.*

*Her hand grasped around the rosary her mother gave her, it was a reaction she had when feeling scared, knowing it was there allowed her to gain enough courage to move on. Her mother was never afraid of anything and considering her father was a vampire, she knew he was feared so why was she such a scaredy cat? Her damphir hearing allowed her to find the group with ease, eyes adjusting to the night, she could see much more clearly than normal humans, it was easy to pin point where they were considering she didn’t see the flyer or know her way around this place all she could rely on was the noise of chatter. She thought to bail and go to the storage shed she bought not to far from here and hide in all her old memories. She couldn’t leave her and her mothers stuff behind, actually she refused to even when someone offered to buy the house and everything in it for a nice chunk of change. She would not have it! That was her stuff now and it wouldn’t go anywhere. Her mind didn’t change until she was close enough to notice something different. It was strong and overwhelming. It reminded her of her mother and herself, yet about fifty times stronger. She was intrigued by who this person may end up being, was this being a vampire like she was guessing or was her mind finally snapping and throwing her into a state of crazy. Her foot steps where faint, but the moon light didn’t hide her walking up to the little circle, all different in their own way, her eyes resting on the one she sensed a ways back for far too long before moving on. She stayed out of the way and just looked them all over one by one, biting her bottom lip she noticed someone she knew and smiled in Angelica’s way. “Sorry, am I too late?”

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica watched quietly, every once in awhile she would glance up at the sky, still a little dazed at how beautiful the view was. Why hadn't she had this view when she was in London? Or even the US? It was simply stunning. She couldn't imagine how much meditation she could do, how her spirit could roam and never fear...she shivered slightly at the possibilities. She would have to try it out here, at least once.

She eyed the "refreshment" table and she idly wondered if there was anything cold to drink over there. While the temperature outside was not overly warm, Angelica found herself desiring something cold. Perhaps it was the colder body temperature or it could have just been her parched throat. She was no different than any other person, except the lower body temperature and the absolute need to keep her temperature below 80 degrees, else she took the chance of becoming extremely ill and even death if the temperature got too high.

When yet another person topped the hill and came into view, she looked over, her crystal eyes carefully assessing. "Lisa!" she cried out, a huge smile on her face as she headed over to her newest friend. She grinned and motioned for her to come over and stand next to her. "No, no, you're not late at all. We're just doing introductions. That's Mikel." she pointed to the young man who had started the introductions.

"That's Celestine. He's the new librarian. He's really nice." she smiled at him and then looked back to Lisa. Then she pointed to the Satyr. "That's Mr. Steelwynd, he's our science teacher, so we'll be in his class, and he's really nice too." just like with Celestine, she smiled to the Satyr, her crystal eyes looking him over. After a moment, she turned back to Lisa, and then pointed to the newest girl. "And that is Okiku Fuyu. She's new like us." she pointed to the fox girl. She smiled sweetly and then turned to Madame Chevok. "And that is Madame Chevok. She's the astrology teacher." she smiled and turned back to Lisa. "So, now that you're all caught up on who is who, you should do your introduction." she smiled, her crystal eyes clear and kind, happy to have her newest friend here.

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine took his glasses off, cleaning then gently with the cotton undershirt he wore. "It seems we've all been introduced then, at least directly or indirectly, unless you'd like to tell us something about yourself, Lisa, was it?"

Celestine put his glasses back on, pushing them up to the bridge of his nose. He noted a small bottle of one of his favorites since college, rum, and placed about a shot in a cup, mixing it well with a can of soda. He took a sip, enjoying the flavor and the rush of heat in the cool of night.

"I hope I'm not stealing the show Madame Chevok, but given the purpose of this night, why don't we start out by giving our birth sign, what it means to us, and what we love about the stars." He set his cup down upon the table and unbuttoned his sleeves at his wrists, letting them hang loose in a relaxed manner. "I'm no expert so I'm sure a warm-up would be most appreciated if everyone agrees."

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

Like a shadow within the confines of the dark forest she wandered. At her side the young wolfling though he had grown significantly within the months since she had first acquired him. A hulking figure, thick fur as black as the night with brilliant azure orbs that always kept a watchful eye over his mistress. "Go my faithful DJ...go and fill your belly.." Bruxa spoke to her pet as she began the trek up the hill. If any other could hear it would sound like small growls and yelps seeping through her lips, but the wolf understood and bound off into the wood.

Donned in the long black lace broom skirt, the satin bustier fitted to her slender torso like a second skin. The thick embroided shawl wrapped around and hid bare shoulders as bare feet quietly climbed each step until she reached the apex of the hill. Standing back for a moment, listening to the small banter between those who were already there.

Pitch black orbs peeked out through strands of ebony lockes that half hid the pixie like features of that pale visage. Gaze flickering from one being to the next, studying each figure. Fixating briefly upon the uniqueness of certain individuals...the satyr and the fox like creature in particular.

Bruxa finally moved with a undaunted graceful stride that made it seem more like she floated, skimming along the surface of the ground until she stood just off to the side of Madame Chevok. Playing the timid girl she usually personified in public. The shy lass epitomized eloquently as she side glanced to the teacher. A faint albeit mischevious smile adorning those smooth velvet lips.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Madame Chevok stood in her same spot, just behind her telescopes that she had set up. With such a show-up of people she was astonished at how little she was truly prepared to handle a group this size. But with every ounce of her dedication it took her time to not act as a teacher but more as a person just offering students something else to do with their night. The few telescopes she had would have to suffice for now until something was arranged with her pay to purchase more telescopes, as these ones she had brought were ones she had carried with her through her different schools in her career. With a smile on her face she allowed each student to start their introductions, even as new ones decided to show up late and do so themselves.

She was a tad upset that so many students had arrived so late, but better late than never they say. Still she awaited until the last student said their introduction and at last she was ready to speak again. But then she was interrupted by the librarian. With a deep groan, her hand collapsed over her face before allowing another generous smile to cover the emotions she truly felt at this moment. ’’Please, please if we can have a bit of order there are too many of us to be speaking out of turn. I hate to turn this into a classroom but we all must have some kind of patience when dealing with so many curious minds all at once.’’ The golden hued orbs landed upon Celestine with a slightly contorted smile.

‘’Now that we all have done our introductions, lets take a moment to remind us why we are here. The stars, they are a beautiful sight to pass by every day, another dismay of our kind to just let it slip by without a second glance. Even though many of the things on our earth are powered by the moon, not only mentally, but physically it makes a big impact on our daily lives more than we may know. I’m sure that you all can give me different types of species of our human kind that live for the moonlight, but I wonder, can one of you give me some geological things that are dependant on the moonlight?’’ With that said, her hands collapsed into the box which had carried the telescopes up the hill earlier that night. She removed a package of papers, and with the memory she had started writing down the names of the students and faculty that had joined her.

’’Now, Celestine, we will come to that later on. But first I’d like to see if any of you actually know some information about the stars, please patience is a virtue.’’ The stern tone had escaped thinly lips for the first time since her first class. A soft sigh escaped her as she took a few steps to reach the table, placing upon it the sheets of paper with tad bits of information on them about the stars and their own meaning and creations. ’’Now, I didn’t bring you all up here to give you a lesson that would be better prepared in my classroom. I just wanted to introduce you all to the stars that lay above you all, give you a chance to investigate them deeper than just with the bare naked eye. There are three telescopes just off to the side there, already set up to each individual stars. Those of you who are interested, go ahead and take a look, tell us what you see and how you interpret their beauty.’’

With another sigh escaping through her lips, she took only a moment to finish laying the sheets of Astronomical papers out on the table before returning back to her spot sitting in the grass amongst her telescopes. ’’Or, we can take a vote and see if you’d rather sit here and speak of astrological signs that most of us probably don’t understand. I hate to fathom that some don’t understand the gastronomical and physic reasoning behind why the stars have taken place and have started to form the signs that Celestine so nicely put it, Birth Signs. Perhaps most of the class doesn’t know their true star birth sign as there are many lists to pull from.’’

Then at last resuming place in her own calamity, trying to regain her sweet disposition as it only took one student to muss up the entire evening. The familiar smell returned to her, something strange, something she only experienced a few times before. Which made her head crane and look to the young woman that had snuck her way to the teachers side. ''Oh good gracious Bruxa you gave me a good shock! I am so pleased to see you have arrived, it's good to have familiar faces around...'' Yet the grimace upon her face showed that she wasn't too impressed with the meeting so far, there was hope that things would change and would smooth over with an easy generous feeling.

Last edited by Madame Chevok on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a paragraph for recap.)

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

The foxlike creature's gaze falling upon his countenance did not escape Neihem. He gave the youngster a sly smile and took another pull from the flask, draining the last few drops. He should have gone back to his shelter to refill it before topping the hill.

As he passed Madame Chevok on the way to the table, he brushed her shoulder lightly with his hand, allowing the calming nature of Mother Earth to wend its way around her. He reached the table and perused the myriad bottles adorning it, finally choosing an older vintage red. As he tipped the bottle into the open mouth of the flask, he turned to address the group.

"Ah, if only all minds were as open to the curious nature of the academic like Mr. Ravnos, the world would be a much more peaceful - not to mention greener - place for us all. Your thirst for knowledge strikes wonderful cords and the Great Mother does not overlook that," he spoke softly. "However, I believe Madame Chevok is ready to begin our journey into the cosmos."

He held the flask to his lips and felt the warmth spread through him as he resumed his place next to the strange little fox. Funny for him to call this being strange. He glanced in her direction, offering another smile to her before reverting his eyes back to the teacher.

Okiku Fuyu

Okiku Fuyu
No Rank
No Rank

Just when everyone started to settle down in the circle they created, feeling a pair of eyes on her. She shifts her attention to her left, to catch Mr. Steelwynd's nice smile. Giving the gentleman a small nod, after a while she returned back to the task at hand. She would start her tactical movements to close in the distance to the lonely table with all those delightful finger foods. They were calling her name, begging her to come save them. "Okiku come eat us....You know you want to..." Cocking her head to the side, a confused look making it's appearance upon the young girl's face. "Did the food just speak?" Her pupils seemed to dilate the closer she got toward her target. It didn't help that her stomach was growling. Those lively receivers of hers, soon disappeared into her pulled back hair. Okiku's animal instincts started kicking in at that very moment, each step became lighter than the last. Creeping as quietly as she could on the grassy hill, dilated hues shifting side to side. Her breathing even grew silent, she was stalking her prey now. "Those sandwiches and hot coco are as good as mines...Muahahaha!" Her impression of an evil laugh didn't come across so.."evil". It actually came out kind of soft and light, almost to hushed toned for anyone to detect unless one was really paying close attention to her nude lips, and rhythm of her voice. Covering her mouth with one of her hands, letting a gasp disperse into the air when she realized what she just did. Try as she might the cute little neko tried to save this embarrassing moment with a fake cough.

Glancing back over her shoulder for a moment, to ensure no one was in particular watching her actions. Picking up one of the many selections, popping the entire thing in her mouth. She holds onto it while fetching herself a cup. Selecting one of the thermals, pouring the sweet warm brown liquid of life into her styrofoam cup. Taking hold of her food, she finally returns back to the circle happy she "captured" her prey.

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

That mischevious smile formed on the bowlike mouth. The pixie like features contorting into an amused look as the startled Mrs. Chevok noted her appearance. Still she remained silent as she gave a quaint curtsey to the teacher along with a light bow of her head. She enjoyed the passion for the night sky overhead and the things she could learn from this woman. Still she kept a wary eye upon her teacher...she had once asked about a man....The very man who forced a new life upon her so very long ago. Unsure if Mrs. Chevok was friend or foe and with how her time at the school had gone so far...she was staying on guard.

Glancing around the circle, taking in each person and being that resided within the area. Studying how the green hued creature seemed to have a quiet assurity and also how he continously drew upon his flask. Guessing he would more than likely be drunk before the night was over. Following his gaze as he offered a smile to the fox like individual.

Raven orbs slid sideways in their sockets as Bruxa watched Okiku out of the corner of her eyes. Keen hearing picked up the quickening of the pulse as the young student grew excited over....food? Her own hand moved up, slender fingers tapping at plush lips to contain the girlish giggle threatening to erupt at the neko's small outburst. Perhaps the notable craving for sweets was as powerful for this character as the life force of others was for herself ... Bruxa thought as the girl raided the table and returned to her spot next to the strange professor. Eyes finally released from the folly of the fox to the telescopes. Already a shift of that lithe body was directing her towards them.

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica shifted, still smiling. She watched carefully how everyone moved, more than a little happy to allow the teacher to continue. She seemed to have a real passion for this, and perhaps there was something she could learn from her.

Satisfied that Lisa seemed fully caught up on who was who she gave the girl a smile. Her new friend here. Her heart skipped a few beats. How nice it was to say that she had friends. These people didn't look at her as some strange Goth girl from the states, with her white hair and crystal colored eyes. No, here she was the least supernatural, aside from Mr. Ravnos, with his black hair and stunningly observant green eyes. She watched him walk forward and make his announcement that they should talk about their astrological signs. But Madame Chevok seemed content that they should skip that right now.

She turned, ready to give the woman her full attention. She only glanced over to listen to Professor Steelwynd when he spoke of young minds, curious and hungering for knowledge. She suppressed a giggle. Mr. Ravnos hadn't interrupted anyone as far as she could tell, but Madame Chevok seemed to be having a rather difficult time holding her temper in. Of course the teacher would want to run things her way, and she wouldn't stand for anyone stealing her thunder.

She made the effort to look over at fox girl, who'd introduced herself as Okiku Fuyu. She seemed intent on pouncing on something, and she tilted her head a little to the side, watching the girl. A wide grin spread over her face, watching the girl creep up and snatch food. Hadn't Madame Chevok declared that those were for everyone? So why would the girl feel like she had to stalk her prey before it became hers? She bit her lip to keep from laughing, and quickly turned her attention back to Madame Chevok, ready and waiting for the flood of knowledge the woman surely had.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Taking a long deep breath for just a moment, her eyes seemed to flash in the instant that she realized the students were just waiting for her to take lead. Even with the slight interruption from the librarian there was no serious falling out with the classroom as a whole. ’’A star…What is it? From what science tells us, it’s a ball of compressed gases and plasma held together by only gravity! Hydrogen, Oxygen, Helium. These are just some of the things that help create stars. The creation of stars, allow the creations of planets, molecular gas clouds and many other things that dot our skies with beautiful colors and shapes!’’ With a deep breath she leaned back, hands moving to clasp behind her head as she stared at the stars above with a grin on her lips.

’’As I was showing my class before the construction of stars and planets from the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram, which I’m sure you’ll be able to find in the library at any time if you feel you would like to know more about star creation. Now, let’s move on to something beautiful…’’ the smile on her lips faded for but a moment before the body relaxed and seemed to almost stretch as it stood so still.

With a smile on her face she clapped her hands gently to gather the attention of the treat nibblers and the booze drinkers. ’’Well, how about we get this off to the right foot hm? How does everyone feel about taking a look into the telescopes I’ve set up. Pardon the lack in numbers, but I didn’t expect such a great turn-out in students!’’ One hand swooped, careful not to knock into anyone that stood close enough to her.

’’Now, what I have set in the sights is called a Blue Moon, something beautiful and breath-taking isn’t it? This particular moon revolves around a red dwarf star, which in our Astrology Class we have talked about it as our first main subject. ‘’ In the spare moment she held without knowledge being spilt from her lips she pointed to the table that held the sheets of paper with the small bits of information about the red dwarf planet as well as what else she was speaking of already.

’’Now, I’ll just go ahead and explain why we seen some moons as blue. This is a rare event, or in space is something more commonly seen than here on Earth. The effect of Blue Moons happens because of tinted smoke and dust particles in the atmosphere that are slightly wider than those of natural color particles. This is what causes us to see a Blue Moon from Earth.’’ Another deep breath escaped her as she took a moment to step towards the treasured telescope that shimmered within the light with it’s stainless steel and silver covering.

Taking a dip towards it, she leaned down and looked through the telescope to spy on the Blue Moon that surrounded the red Dwarf Planet, only a moment before resuming her attention on the students and staff that stood in the darkness in the soft bay of lights that shone above them. ’’The moon, is it just a chunk of rock suspended in the sky? Or is something that if we were without, we would be lost in touch without the magnification of the large wane of glory?’’

25////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. Empty The Blue Moon Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

////CLOSED THREAD////The Story Of The Universe, Hidden Qualities. Blue-m10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum